Start by marking “Sacred Commerce: Business as a Path of Awakening” as Want to Read:
Sacred Commerce: Business as a Path of Awakening

Sacred Commerce: Business as a Path of Awakening

In this timely book, authors Matthew and Terces Engelhart present the idea that love before appearances is the antidote to our spiritual, environmental, and social degradation. Exploring topics such as mission statements, manager as coach, human resources as a sacred culture, and inspirational meetings, they offer a manual for building a spiritual community at the workplac ...more
Published May 6th 2008 by North Atlantic Books

To ask other readers questions about Sacred Commerce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacred Commerce

Tracy
Jun 12, 2008 Tracy rated it liked it
I found this book poorly organized and in need of a good editing hand, but I am glad I read it. The authors present practices they use in their business, Cafe Gratitude, to encourage the understanding of work as part of a spiritual practice. Many chapters end with simple practices that could spark good discussion or serve as a starting point for journaling. I found the authors' use of religious quotations disjointed but interesting., and the book prompted me to think more deliberately about how ...more
David
Oct 11, 2013 David rated it really liked it
The story behind Cafe Gratitude and their unique approach to creating a culture around people first and taking some big steps further to creating an environment where people in the organization being present and focused on the work at hand is paramount. Almost a shamanistic approach is taken. I had the opportunity to see the opening of the first cafe in Los Angeles and sense that something important is happening here.
Kenneth
Feb 22, 2015 Kenneth rated it really liked it
A quick and enjoyable primer for the concept of Sacred Commerce. The ideas feel a bit scattered, and I think someone might need to sit down with the editor, but the pieces are all there, if you're willing to put them together.
Erin
Dec 29, 2012 Erin rated it it was amazing
One of the simplest books on how to create a business, organization and life you love. I am blessed and honored to share this work and teach these powerful, transformative tools.
Marcus J.
Mar 16, 2016 Marcus J. rated it it was amazing
Excellent book & continues to inspire. Must-read for any conscious/mindful business owner. Gratitude!
Wyncia
Jun 08, 2010 Wyncia is currently reading it
Love the concept and am taking a lot from it. Some of the steps along the way are a bit too far beyond logical for me. But I am all over love, grace, and accepting the abundance that surrounds us.
Sharni
Sharni rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2013
Riley Lang
Riley Lang rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2015
Donna Brown
Donna Brown rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2013
Tara
Tara rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2009
Irene Moyer
Irene Moyer rated it it was ok
Nov 28, 2014
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2012
Tricia Huffman
Tricia Huffman rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2011
Phoebe
Phoebe rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2012
willo
willo rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2009
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Tadeh
Tadeh rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Suzanna Brown
Suzanna Brown rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2014
Audry
Audry rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2009
Robert Cymbala
Jul 06, 2014 Robert Cymbala rated it it was amazing
Go for it!
Billi
Billi rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2017
Theresa
Theresa rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2014
Aimee Weaver
Aimee Weaver rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2012
Fresh Pressed
Fresh Pressed rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Lisa Jason
Lisa Jason rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Katan
Katan rated it it was ok
Sep 12, 2012
Nick
Nick rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2010
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2012
Haneen
Haneen rated it did not like it
Oct 11, 2013