Start by marking “Dearest Traitor (Harlequin Presents)” as Want to Read:
Dearest Traitor (Harlequin Presents)

Dearest Traitor (Harlequin Presents)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Lord of the manor

Steven Templeton had shattered Georgina's life once, and now that he'd returned to Kellerdale Hall, he clearly intended to scatter the pieces. He obviously didn't want her around as estate manager.

But Georgina declared war--convincing herself Steven was as bad as his reputation. Hadn't he stolen his brother's wife and turned a defenseless female out into t
Published August 1st 1994 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Dearest Traitor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dearest Traitor

Bond of Hatred by Lynne GrahamThe Spanish Groom by Lynne GrahamThe Ultimate Betrayal by Michelle ReidThe Price of a Bride by Michelle ReidSale Or Return Bride by Sarah Morgan
Best Harlequin Presents Novels
148th out of 356 books — 346 voters
Practice Makes Perfect by Julie JamesJust the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie JamesCheckmate by R.L. MathewsonPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenPlaying for Keeps by R.L. Mathewson
Enemies in Love
53rd out of 111 books — 158 voters

More lists with this book...

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I admit the last ten pages is what bumped this up to a four star book. I didn't like how everyone seemed to patronize Georgina. I hate when people patronize you. I think that's the problem you run into when you grow up with people. They are used to seeing you a certain way, and their vantage point doesn't necessarily change unless circumstances or you force it to. And even if you try to change their perceptions, they just view you as acting out or being strange. I think that was the case with Ge ...more
EeeJay

d) ultra-dependent

Q4 The story made sense
a) No
b) Na-uh
c) sense, yeah...non sense...

Q5. Why did the H break up with the h even though he didn't care that she was poor, there was no O
Lemon
I loved this book! This one is going to my all-time favorites pile. The hero is sarcastic but in a really loving way. He calls the heroine madwoman and lunatic but you know it's a term of endearment. I actually laughed out loud at some of his names for her and thought they were quite appropriate for the situation. And frankly speaking, the poor girl did seem quite mad at times. A lovely, heart-warming book with a loving, tender and indulgent hero though he doesn't lack in the HP asshat qualities ...more
Sapheron
Boy, oh boy. This book was intense. At points, I honestly wished Georgina would run away and it would serve Steven right. This guy loves to call her names like 'idiot' and tell her (and anyone who'll listen) that she's crazy/a madwoman, oh, and he calls her George/stable-boy.
But the thing is, he so obviously loves her, and it's her immaturity that reads his hints for her to grow up as 'treachery'.
The two ignite whenever they're near, and it's either that he's going to make love to her or kill
Jasbell76
description
B-O-R-I-N-G :'(
I wanted to finish this book as fast as I could!!!
This heroine DROVE ME CRAZY! She was crying all the time, thinking the wrongs things, acting like a child ARG! I was desperated to finish it :(
I think is time to take a break of Pratricia Wilson. I really enjoyed the first three books I read by her, but the next ones have been not exciting at all.
xx

P.S. I gave the book 1 more star because the hero was celibate during separartion u.u
Saly
Rating 3.25 stars
Heroine fell for the much older hero, felt betrayed when at the age of 18, he didn't take what she offered. When he comes back four years later she treats him as the enemy. When its obvious he adores her though he does keep fighting with her. She of course assumes the worst of him all the time. At the end he tells her I have been celibate for four years & HEA.
sbf20112011
I should have loved this book, because it has a lot of elements I normally love -- hero has been in love with heroine since she was a child, English estate hero v. servant-ish heroine (who nonetheless behaves socially like she's in the upper class), various accidents so that we can see both of them freak out at the thought of the other's physical injury. Pretty similar elements in the last Patricia Wilson I read as well. But though I do love all the angst, somehow I'm left feeling like the plot ...more
Sammy

I so much enjoyed this book. I was searching for quite a while for a story where the leads are always fighting .... i mean those silly fights that keep on going since ages.

And this was perfect book for me. I was always Team Georgina. I liked Steven. and in the end I assure you you would be TEAM STEVEN ...

All the side characters were so much fun. I means it felt refreshing reading this one.

To say I love you would be the understatement of all
time,' he said softly. 'There is no word, no express
Booked
I love the fact that the hero fell in love with her since for a while and just waited for her to grow up. The sparks that they set are like fireworks, it's pretty hot! He is high handed but he is gentle and indulgent with her. Stolen breathless kisses and immature bickering is what makes it all the more fun. Patricia Wilson is my absolute favorite.
Fiona Marsden
I really enjoyed this story. A friends to lovers tale of two people meant for each other. The hero is absolutely divine, a mature man waiting for a young woman to grow up. Lots of angst and a nice emotional read. This ticked all the boxes of what I most like in a romance.
Vicki Parsons
What a lovely and romantic story this was! I don't always love the growing up together trope in a romance, but I thought Wilson did an excellent job with this one. While Steven did tease Georgina a good bit, it was never malicious and it was clearly obvious that they adored each other. I liked everyone in the book, with the exception of the evil OW, Auriel and even she was never really a threat. If you want to read a lighter, extremely romantic story, then I definitely recommend this title. The ...more
Widala
What I loved about this book was their early relationship and how love developed from friendship, not just OMG he/she so hot, I think I'm in lurve with his sixpacks / breasts. Although Georgie was really a mad woman, she could write soap opera script with the drama she created in her head. And I can forgive Steve for his jackassery because he's been celibate for four years. Say YEAH for non-whore heroes!
Su
h is an idiot.
April Brookshire
I've definitely read other Harlequins with similar plots.

It was good, but could've been better. (More drama with the evil witch)

And the hero could've explained his feelings about things a lot sooner to save them from fighting constantly. But if Harlequin heroes did that, there would be no Harlequin books.
Carmen
Georgina adored Steven since childhood. He rejected her and turned her feeling to hatred. Now he returned and though she fights against it, she knows she stills feels something for him.

Tishke
I love a hero who is mature enough to wait for a young woman to grow up and have enough experience in life to be able to make a pressure free decision of her own.
Sweet Dream
the story is very beautiful and i like the hreo very mach.it is abook must read
and if u have it please tell me
iwant to read it againe
رومولا الن
رواية عبير حبيبي الخائن

من الروايات المفضلة لي التي اعيد قراءتها دائما وبكل وقت
Gaythri
Gaythri is currently reading it
Jul 31, 2015
Bhabyann5678
Bhabyann5678 marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Pallavi
Pallavi marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Hapi Chuan
Hapi Chuan marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Nita
Nita marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Ranee
Ranee added it
Jun 24, 2015
Kristen Lusthoff-Price
Kristen Lusthoff-Price marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Sima
Sima marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Forbidden Surrender
  • Green Lightning
  • A Willing Surrender (Harlequin Presents, #976)
  • No Way to Begin
  • A Vengeful Passion (Harlequin Presents, #1696)
  • The Reluctant Fiancee
  • Substitute Wife
  • Comparative Strangers
  • Waking Up
  • A Man to be Feared
  • Marriage Meltdown
  • Except My Love
  • Return to Santa Flores (Loveswept, #40)
  • September Morning  (Western Weddings, #6) (Here Come the Grooms)
Patricia Wilson (b. 1929) was a British writer of 53 romance novels in Mills & Boon from 1986 to 2004.
More about Patricia Wilson...
A Lingering Melody Dark Illusion The Final Price Intangible Dream A Certain Affection