Start by marking “My Life On a Napkin: Pillow Mints, Playground Dreams and Coaching the Runnin' Utes” as Want to Read:

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Majerus tells his own story of how a chubby kid from Sheboygan came to be North Americas best-loved college basketball coach. Filled with wit, candor, insight, and the kind of bold statements that caused Notre Dame to rescind a job offer, My Life on a Napkin delivers what sports fans love most: good talk, good stories, and good game.
Published March 29th 2000 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about My Life On a Napkin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Life On a Napkin

ConnieK
Just finished this book about my husband's new boss and I am wondering how much has changed in Coach Majerus' perspective and coaching approach in the 12 years since this magical year at Utah. Would sure love to see a repeat and a sequel from his current SLU years. Great to read about his commitment to his players, family, and friends that goes so much deeper than basketball.
Chris
One of my favorite sports biographies of all time. Follows the life of Coach Rick Majerus (one of the few stand-up guys in the sports world today) and his journey to becoming the head coach at Utah. A little outdated these days, but still a great introduction to the world of college athletics.
I loved this book. It shows the many sides of Majerus: the tough coach, the funny guy, and the deeply-caring human being. I loved them all. I was very glad to learn something about his upbringing and his family, especially his dad.
Jessica
Didn't really read all of the book because I had to turn it back into the library. Good biography of Majerus and shows his determination and style as a coach.
Jeramey
Interesting insight into the world of Majerus, to which I was admittedly largely in the dark about.
Jeff
Fun book. Majerus was definitely one of a kind.
Charles
Awesome read. All about fundementals
Chris Murphy
Chris Murphy marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Van
Van added it
Oct 20, 2014
Chris Whittaker
Chris Whittaker marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Erin
Erin added it
Mar 25, 2014
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014