Start by marking “Love is Patient” as Want to Read:
Love is Patient

Love is Patient

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  16 reviews
When Lisa Sterling applies to be Dylan Matheson's new assistant, she discovers the meaning of love and family in the process.
251 pages
Published April 1st 2004 by Steeple Hill Books

To ask other readers questions about Love is Patient, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love is Patient

Lindsay
Although this is a Christian romance book, the religion in it is not preachy, dramatic, or overdone. One of the better Christian books I've read, however it still had a few inconsistencies that took me out of the story.

In the beginning of the book, Lisa applied for a job as secretary for Matheson Telecom. She didn't like the job she previously had because her boss kept hitting on her even though he was married. But then Dylan asked in her interview if the job would interfere with a boyfriend. Th
Michelle
Love Is Patient
Carolyne Aarsen
Inspirational Romance
244 pages
copyright: 2004
isbn: 0-373-87258-5

In love with her boss.

If Dylan Matheson knew the real reason she had become his secretary, Lisa Sterling suspected his gray eyes would turn to Arctic ice. Always protective of her stepbrother, she now needed to get inside Dylan's company to clear her sibling's name. Lisa thought their relationship would be strictly business. Until she accompanied Dylan to a family wedding . . .

The Mathesons' closeness a
Allison
plot if dylan matheson knew the real reason she had become his secretary lisa sterling suspected his gray eyes would turn to artic ice always protective of her stepbrother she now needed to get inside dylan's company to clear her sibling's name lisa thought their relation ship would be strictly buisness untill she accompanied dylan to a family wedding the matthesons' closeness and absolute trust in god drew lisa like a blazing fire on a cold winter's night a tower of strength dylan was a man she ...more
Cindy Moyer
Good story line about love and forgiveness.
Karen
Lisa and Dylan start off with lies and end up with forgiveness. Lisa is trying to clear her brother, Gabe's, name when she applies for a job at Dylan's father's company. Dylan needs a date for his sister's wedding and parent's anniversary party.
Bethany
This book was a good read, although the plot was a bit unbelievable at times. The best parts of the story centered on the love found in the Matheson family, as well as Lisa's dedication to her brother.

One of the lessons I have taken from this book is that struggles - both internal and external - affect all people regardless of status, background, or family.
Joanie
Lisa Sterling got a job working for Dylan as her boss under false pretenses. She deceived him but they both deceived his family. It wasn't supposed to happen but they fell in love with each other.
Will all the lies be forgiven? Love sure proved to be patient in this book.
Lisa and Dylan were really "made" for each other.
This was a great read.
Phyllis Swain
A sister tried to find out why her brother was unjustly fired and ends up falling in love with her new boss.
Mevia
I love it. It was hard to read through the deceit of the various family members, but it also made the book exciting and made me want to finish it. How was it all going to end?!? I enjoyed it very much.
Denise
I love this book - for some reason. I've read it at least 3 times. I think I like the way the heroine supports her brother, no matter what and despite her own wants.
Lauri
Decent story, but not memorable. I visited Vancouver last year, so I enjoyed recognizing some places. I did want to shake the brother several times - quit whining!
Justme
This book really showed how Trust and Faith go hand in hand. Second chances are a must to enforce the Trust issue and you need the Faith to see it through.
Melissa
Somewhat suspenseful novel, but not the best romance.
Savannah
It is full of happy endings and sorrow.
Natasha Sweet
I thought this book was wonderful.
Melissa
I am just not interested in this plot.
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Lawana
Lawana marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Aug 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Carolyne Aarsen is a blessed to have sincere Christian parents and to be married to a committed Christian husband. But her first love was always fiction. Because of her isolation from any kind of writing group, Carolyne learned to write by trial and error and by taking correspondence courses while she and her husband were raising their four natural children and the numerous foster children that ca ...more
More about Carolyne Aarsen...
A Family for Luke (Riverbend, #3) The Price of Fame (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #14) The Cowboy's Lady (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #4) Any Man of Mine The Baby Promise