Start by marking “Washington, D.C. (DK Eyewitness Travel Guide)” as Want to Read:
Washington, D.C. (DK Eyewitness Travel Guide)

Washington, D.C. (DK Eyewitness Travel Guide)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Recognized the world over by frequent flyers and armchair travelers alike, Eyewitness Travel Guides are the most colorful and comprehensive guides on the market. With beautiful commissioned photographs and spectacular 3-D aerial views revealing the charm of each destination, these amazing travel guides show what others only tell.
Published September 1st 2000 by DK Travel (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Washington, D.C., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Washington, D.C.

Pete daPixie
I'm already a fan of Dorling Kindersley books. The 'Washington D.C.' guide was first published in G.B. in 2000 and has had revisions almost every year since. For the prospective tourist, this has everything that is required. Focus is on downtown, set out in five sections, The Mall, Capitol Hill, Penn Quarter, The White House and Foggy Bottom and Georgetown. All the main tourist sites are covered, many with the typical D.K. exploded diagrams.
If you need greater detail and information for the surr
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
From the Metro map on the back inside cover to all the great pictures this guide is a winner! It's small enough to go in a purse and it has quite enough information in it. I loved that it told you which Metro exit to get off on for each attraction. The organization was good and I had no problem finding places at all.

This little gem covers the main points of each attraction, has a plethora of maps that are easy to follow, and is quite simple to just pull out and use. Of course one must mention t
Kay
I live in the Washington suburbs, go into D.C. several times a month, and still, at times, feel I need guidance. This Eyewitness Guide offers a good overview in photos and brief text entries of the city. Particular attention is lavished on the Smithsonian museums and national Mall, which, of course, is number one on most tourist itineraries. There's a section of three guided walks as well as a section devoted to sights outside the city proper. Unlike some Eyewitness Guides, this one is pocket- o ...more
Andrea Mudd
We really enjoyed reading the history of D.C. To prepare us for our visit. The maps were just Okay. Other reviewers had raved about them but we found the free map that we got from our hotel to be more helpful.
Jenni
At first, I was really gung-ho about the 'top 10' model. It allowed for easy browsing and I saw and learned things that I probably wouldn't have in a normal travel book. However, the top 10 model got a little stale when they included the top 10 presidents, historical moments, and other items that aren't really "things to see or do" in DC.
Lisa
Another great travel book by DK. I love the pictures, they are vivid and clear. The artist renderings of the buildings by street are also a great way to see where you are and where you are going. The restaurant choices are excellent, never had a bad meal when choosing out of the book. I will definitely look for the books for future travels.
Amy
Very nice color photographs that made us familiar with places before we arrived. Not my favorite for planning, but nice for layouts and pictures of attractions. This is another one I like better after the trip.
João Costa
Was fortunate enough to have locals in Washington and unfortunate to be there for so little days, but this guide, as all DK - American Express Guides, are great companions for the trip and previous preparation
Cloay
Available in SG NLB 917.5304 (SK
- 2009 edition (ISBN 978-1-40533-379-5)
Sugy
pretty good beginning guide for catching popular things to see in DC.
Cloay
Available in SG NLB 916.5304 (SK
Kathy
Very useful guide
Kelley
Kelley added it
May 21, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Brian Wiedeke
Brian Wiedeke marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Mary Carleton
Mary Carleton marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Omer
Omer added it
Feb 14, 2015
  • Japan (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides)
  • Germany (DK Eyewitness Travel)
  • New York
  • France
  • Florence & Tuscany
  • Great Britain
  • Italy
  • Amsterdam (Eyewitness Travel Guide)
  • Ireland (DK Eyewitness Travel)
  • Paris
  • Spain (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
  • Prague
  • Venice & the Veneto
  • Rome
  • Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei
  • Peru
  • Battle
  • Classical Music
The Rottnest Bike Business Top 10 Washington, D.C. Be You, Get Noticed, Get Hired, Graduate CV (Includes a Free Creative CV Template Worth Over £20) Washington, D.C Firebrand Test Work 11: The next best thing in training