Start by marking “Who, Sir? Me, Sir? (Oxford Bookworms, Green)” as Want to Read:
Who, Sir? Me, Sir? (Oxford Bookworms, Green)

Who, Sir? Me, Sir? (Oxford Bookworms, Green)

When a group of English schoolchildren are told that they are to be in a tetrathlon (swimming, running, shooting and riding) against the perfect Greycoats school, they are totally unenthusiastic but rally when a teacher encourages them.
Published August 17th 1995 by Oxford University Press (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Who, Sir? Me, Sir?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who, Sir? Me, Sir?

Elle Kang
Oct 01, 2014 Elle Kang rated it liked it
Greycoats was a school with smart, rich and neat students and there was a school called Hawkwood which were really different with Greycoats. A teacher in Hawkwood, Sam Sylvester wanted them to have ambition so he made a Hawkwood team which against Greycoats in the sporting competition. He chose Rossiter, who was usually called 'Hoomey' by his habit to say, 'Who? Me?', Nutty, a girl fighter,Bean, Jazz and Gary. They thought it would be impossible to win but who knows? This book continued boringly ...more
P.D.R. Lindsay
Jan 13, 2016 P.D.R. Lindsay rated it really liked it
We loved this book as a family and it still makes me laugh. British author, K. M. Peyton, wrote some great YA, the Flambards series, various horse and musical stories, always stories kids like to read. Her school library ratings were always tops.

Her ear for teenage dialogue is good. She doesn't use slang which becomes outdated and she tells a great story. Her writing style is excellent, her characters are 3D and her plots move along with great twists and turns.

'Who Sir? Me Sir?' is about a bunc
Shoichi Momiyama
Oct 29, 2012 Shoichi Momiyama rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review for 10/22

-MACMILLAN READINGS,Level 3
-Time 10/19=10minutes 10/20=20minutes 10/21=10minutes 10/22=20minutes
-7 word summary:teacher-ambition-chance-pool-horses-competition-shooting
-Discussion question
1:What are you called by your friends?(Do you have your own nickname?)
A:I am called "Momi" by my friends because my family name is "Momiyama". But, some friends call me "Shoichi". They are my local friends in my childhood.
2:What do you want in your life? Please give three things.
A:For me, money,
2 Time 11/10=70minutes
3 7-word summary
teacher-school-game-swimming-horses-shooting-training
4 Discussion question
Do you have the period when you studied hard?
Yes, when I was 2nd-4th year elementary school student, I studied hard at home and friends' home. So sometimes they seemed to be angry with me because I would play at friends' home, but actually I studied there. I guess they wanted to play.
5 My reflection
I always think what make student do their bes
Ayumi Ogawa
Oct 14, 2015 Ayumi Ogawa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1. Publisher: Oxford
Level: 3

2. 10/10 = 60 minutes, 10/12 = 20 minutes, 10/13 = 20 minutes.

3. Teacher
Ambition
Team
Competition
Swimming
Riding
Horse

4.a. It's not their team any more. It's us, our team.If we want to do the competition, they can't stop us.
b.I liked this passage. This passage was said when Nutty persuaded her team's member Nails into participating in the competition. Nutty also hegitated to patcipate in it at first, but she decided to try it. I thought she said this passage not o
Yuka Sugiura
Oct 17, 2014 Yuka Sugiura rated it really liked it
1. 10/9=50m 10/10=50m
2. Oxford level3
3. Competition,running, swimming, horse, practice, girl, cheat

4. Greycoats students are richer and more clever than Hawkeood students. Therefore, Hawkwood students decided to join the competition against Greycoats students.
3boys and a girl whose name is Nutty was chosen by teacher. They want to win them!
They practiced running, swimming, shooting and riding horses everyday. At first, they are not good at doing everything but...
At last... Which school win???
HonokaAndo
1.level 3
2.Oct 9,20min Oct 10,40min Oct 12,30min oct 13,20min
3.children,school,ambition,competition,cheating,parents,swimming
4.a)There are two schools. The children who go to Greycoats school are clean and tidy and study a lot. The children who go to Hawkwood school have a lot of trouble and don't study . But one teacher try them to have ambition. So he made team which take part in triathlon competition.

b)I was disappointed the scene Hawkwood's student cheated because Greycoats student cheated
Miyu Kojima
1. Oxford, level 3
2. 10/12=50 min. 10/13=60.
3. Teacher, school, Hoomey, Nutty, trouble, horse, competition
4. a: I want you to have ambition. To do things. To want things.
b: An ambition is very important to do something. However, it is difficult thing, I think. In my case, it is slow that I show a motivation, so I want to find that I can be absorbed and I do hard it.
5. Students in Hawkwood school were good at fighting than at passing examination. Students in Greycoats were very clever. A teacher
Masahito Ueto
May 25, 2016 Masahito Ueto rated it liked it
1.level 3
2.Apr 19,45min. Apr 20, 45min
3.children, school, competition, ambition, cheating, parents, swimming
4.The children who go to Greycoats school are neat and serious. The children who go to Hawkwood school don't like studying. They are very different. A teacher in Hawkwood, Sam Sylvester, try the students to have ambition. So he made team which take part in triathlon competition.

b)I was surprised that Hawkwood's student cheated because Greycoats' student cheated first. Hawkwood student pra
Noriho Motokawa
Nov 26, 2014 Noriho Motokawa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1. oxford 3
2. 11/26=100
3. school good bad students competition crazy win
4 a) ”Who, sir? Me, sir?” he said, in a frightened voice. 'But I can't swim, or ride, or shoot! I can't do any of those things!” ”You can learn,” said Sam. ”You'll have to.”
b) Hoomey was chosen a member of sporting competition. At first, he had no confidence but Sam knew it but wouldn't change member. I thougut Hoomey's life started to change at the moment and I was excited.
5. This story is about school life. low-level scho
Wakana Honami
Oct 10, 2012 Wakana Honami rated it it was amazing
*oxford bookworms library, level3
*time:10/8=60min.,10/9=4min.
*7words:school, rich school, competition, 4 boys, fight, practice, win
*questions:
1, Are you good at running, swimming, shooting and riding?
Nothing! I like only swimming but can't swim fast. There are no sports I am able to do well.
2, Did you have good relationship with other schools when you were junior high school?
Yes, I was belong to brass band club and we often met other school students when we had competition.

I like this book. Firs
Aki Kawachi
1. Oxford level3
2. 11/17 30min 11/18 80min
3. School ambition competition swimming horse practice cheat
4. A "I want you to have ambition. To do things. To want things."
B Having ambition is not easy. I don't have ambition. So I have to have ambition because it is important to make an effort toward the ambition.
5. At first, the children didn't have ambition. And they are not good at playing sports and they didn't want to that. But they made an effort, they had a confidence. And through the competi
Hideyuki Takahashi
Oxford university press level 3
10/1 =13min, 10/4 =15min, 10/6 = 20min, 10/7 =14min

boys, horses, swimming, riding, shooting, competition, ambition

Have you ever practiced something hard?
Yes, I have. When I was junior high and high school student, I belonged to track and field club. I had run everyday and It was very hard for me.

I do not like this novel because there are many characters which do not have any features in this novel. I could not remember the characters, so I was also confused the s
Yoichi Takihana
Oct 29, 2012 Yoichi Takihana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read for 60 minutes.
I did not finish.
7summary
School race swimming horse ride end team

DQ
1.Have you ever ridden a horse?
No, I have not. It is terrible, I think.

2.Have you ever raced with someone?
Yes, I belonged to baseball club, so I raced to get a position.

week2
I read for 62 minutes.
7 words
training pool shoot race cheat win dolor
DQ
1. What is your favorite sports?
A: I love baseball. I like soccer too.

2. Have you ever cheated?
A: No, I have not. It should not be allowed to cheat.
Keiko Kawashima
1. Oxford bookworms library

2. 6/9 = 40 minutes, 6/11 = 80 minutes

3. a good fighter, Tetrathlon, competition, horses, pool, riding, shooting

4. a. "You can just get changed. We're going round to the Smiths' and you can tell them you're sorry all this!"
b. Thanks to Nutty's parents, she can apologize using Mr. Smith's pool secretly, what's more, Mr. Smith made her an opportunity to practice shooting. He is a kind man.

5. It's a good story. Students who started trouble corporate each other, and at lo
Kyosuke Torihara
Apr 13, 2016 Kyosuke Torihara rated it liked it
1. OXFORD, Level3
2. Time: 80min.
3. teacher, trouble, swimming, competition, horse, shooting, even
4. a) No winners, no losers.
b) This book is about school. Students joined competitions as a group. The result was not good but they just did their best. So it is like an academically idea. So I like it.
5. I think this book is good for students. We have each goals. This book gave me an opportunity to think about result is not important for students. We must do our best to accomplish our goals.
Aysha
May 08, 2015 Aysha rated it it was amazing
I like this motivated story , I like the idea of challenges and work hard to achieve dreams and goals , although ( Nutty, Jazz , Nails and Hoomey ) didn't win at last . But I like their hardworking and challenging themselves . At last they learned a valuable lesson and all of them have a dream and an ambition to work hard in order to follow it and achieve it .
Chiaki Kinpara
Jun 17, 2015 Chiaki Kinpara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1, Oxford level3
2, 6/14 60min, 6/15 30min, 6/16 40min
3, school, ambition, against, tetrathlon, horses, shooting, win
4a, I don't like the teacher first,
4b, The students didn't want to join the competition but he forced them to join it.
5, I like this story. The school which has some problematic students beated clever school in the competition.
Katie
Katie rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2011
Shobhna
Shobhna rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2011
Robin Ocampo cardona
fghfghfghfghfghf
Karoline
Karoline rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2010
Flb
Flb rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Maria Gomez
Maria Gomez rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2013
Helen Fieldsend
Helen Fieldsend rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2012
Rosalind
Rosalind rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Jack Bates
Jack Bates rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2016
Ebrahim Algubani
Ebrahim Algubani rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2016
Kerri Duff
Kerri Duff rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Tom Tackles the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #22)
  • The House at World's End (World's End, #1)
  • Emma in Winter
  • Kristy and the Mystery Train (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #30)
  • Winter Pony
  • Rivers of London: Body Work, #3
  • Eleven Days (Carrigan and Miller, #2)
  • Will Supervillains Be on the Final? (Liberty Vocational #1)