Start by marking “Stink and the Great Guinea Pig Express (Stink, #4)” as Want to Read:
Stink and the Great Guinea Pig Express (Stink, #4)

Stink and the Great Guinea Pig Express (Stink #4)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  1,535 Ratings  ·  91 Reviews
When three guinea pigs from the local pet shop make a great escape, Stink Moody and his friends Webster and Sophie spring into action.
TA-DA! The Fantastic Fur Friends round up the little hairballs and bring them safely back to Mrs. Birdwistle’s shop, where they discover — OH-LA-LA! — guinea pig pandemonium! Time for the Great Guinea Pig Giveaway! Stink and company hit the
Published March 11th 2008 by Candlewick Press (first published January 1st 2008)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyThe Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav PilkeyDragon Howl by Vanessa RouseDragon Rider by Cornelia FunkeHorrid Henry by Francesca Simon
2nd Grade Book List for Boys
55th out of 103 books — 57 voters
Plumedini's True Tales of Super Chicken Freaks as Retold by C... by John Brady WoodsonA Piece of Sky by Ann  HunterCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlCharlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald DahlFallen by Ann  Hunter
books or chickens
77th out of 102 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Ahmad Sharabiani
Stink and the Great Guinea Pig Express (Stink #4), Megan McDonald
عنوان: استینک و سفر پرماجرا با خوکچه های هندی (گینه ای) - کتاب 4؛ نویسنده: مگان مک دونالد؛ مترجم: ریحانه جعفری؛ تهران، افق، 1394؛ در 107 ص؛ شابک: 9786003531741؛
عنوان: استینک و خوکچه های گینه ای - کتاب 4؛ نویسنده: مگان مک دونالد؛ مترجم: آناهیتا جعفری؛ تهران، افق، 1394؛ در 112 ص؛ شابک: 9786005419337؛
Jinky
Nov 16, 2013 Jinky rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
(3.5)
My 7yo brought this home from school to read. Nabbed it for a quick read. Cute. I especially liked the "Stink's Furry Facts" at the end of each chapter. They were fun and interesting facts about guinea pigs ..like more than 10,000yrs ago South American Indians ate them and in the Andes mountains of Bolivia and Peru they still do! Moreover, the story itself was a wholesome tale of a traveling adventure to find homes for 101 guinea pigs that were saved from being put down.

My first Stink book
Penny McGill
Feb 07, 2013 Penny McGill rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-kids
Stink is lovable. Add in a guinea pig storyline and it is just perfect. Not just for boys though, everyone will love this series.
Brenda Montesdeoca
Nov 04, 2015 Brenda Montesdeoca rated it it was amazing
This was a good book to read. It put me in a good mood.
Sam
May 08, 2011 Sam rated it it was amazing
The guinea pigs in this book were really cute! This was my favorite Stink book!
Emily
Jul 09, 2009 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was MUCH better than the stinky sneakers book.
Carissa Haston
Oct 27, 2016 Carissa Haston rated it it was amazing
I'm an adult, but I love guinea pigs and kids books too. For a kids book, this is a five star book. As an adult I wouldn't rank it that high in comparison to others I've read, but subtract 30 years from my life and that's what I would have given it :) So cute, and I love how it gives true piggy facts at the end of each chapter.
EldoradoFives
Oct 26, 2016 EldoradoFives rated it did not like it
It was about Guinea pigs
Joshua Xiao
Dec 01, 2016 Joshua Xiao rated it really liked it
The hamsters in the book are really cute, and the story is ok
Mirko Liang
Sep 19, 2016 Mirko Liang rated it liked it
Another cute Stink story, as theme focused as the previous. Not extremely funny but still a nice reading.
Steven R. McEvoy
Stink Moody and his friends, Sophie and Webster, are trying to make a replica of the Great Wall of China using cereal boxes. But as they finish building it, it starts moving and as they investigate they discover it is making strange sounds also. The sound it is making is wee, wee, wee, wee. And the three children discover 3 Guinea pigs. And that is the beginning of a grand adventure of the 101 guinea pigs and the Great Guinea Pig Express. The chapters in this book are:

The Great Wall
One Hundred a
Bethany
Jul 25, 2008 Bethany rated it liked it
Gr 1–3—Stink is back. This time, he and friends Webster and Sophie are working on a cereal-box re-creation of the Great Wall of China when the youngsters discover some mysterious guinea pigs hiding in one of the boxes. They figure out that the animals escaped from the local pet store. Store owner Mrs. Birdwistle informs the kids that she has rescued 101 guinea pigs but can't keep them all. Immediately, Stink and company volunteer to help find homes for them. With funny, and at times quite witty, ...more
Beth
Jul 05, 2011 Beth rated it liked it
Stink Moody (AKA Judy's younger brother) has his own series and kids are devouring them. Written by Megan McDonald (the same author as the Judy Moody series) Stink has his own pals and his own escapades. In the fourth book of the series Stink and his friends happen upon Mrs. Birdwhistle and her overabudance of guinea pigs who need homes. While the book can be classified as contemporary realistic fiction there are a few far-fetched ideas thrown in here and there. (Example: Kids going on a short ...more
Claire Scott
I loved it! Also, I learned lots of interesting facts about guinea pigs.

Along with the (fascinating) nonfiction comics, there were lots of opportunities to suspend my disbelief. The pet shop owner had a driveable trailer just waiting to be cleaned and turned into a rescue van? Check! She's totally into the idea of three second-graders (?) using it as a mobile adoption center? Check! She then wants to take them on a road trip to her guinea-pig rescue center friend in Virginia? Check! Hijinks ensu
Ubalstecha
Stink is back, and this time he is on a mission to find homes for a ridiculous number of guinea pigs. The local pet store owner, Mrs. Birdwhistle has 101 guinea pigs that she is trying to get to a guinea pig rescue centre where a friend of hers can take some of the pets. But its up to Stink, Webster and Sophie to help Mrs. Birdwhistle find homes for the rest.

Author Megan Morgan gives Stink a cross-country rescue adventure that makes him as much of a hero as his sister Judy. She also manages to s
Ingrid
Sep 13, 2009 Ingrid rated it liked it
Stink is a very popular character with students and after reading this book I can understand why. Stink and the rest of the characters in this book are all very likable and fun. Stink and his friends help Mrs. Birdwhistle from the local pet store find homes for 101 guinea pigs that she has rescued. The kids come up with a creative solution to finding homes for so many guinea pigs. Not only is their solution creative, but it is also a lot of fun for them. The book also gives some interesting ...more
Erin
May 23, 2010 Erin rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
I am a huge fan of Judy Moody, but I have a hard time getting my son interested in any book with a female main character. So, I had to check out this early chapter book about Moody's little brother Stink. I just finished reading this out loud to my son, and he laughed so hard that he had hiccups for 20 minutes afterwards. Though I didn't feel the same personal connection with Stink as I did with his sister, this book was winner in my son's eyes.
babyhippoface
Apr 13, 2008 babyhippoface rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-fiction, humor
Stink and his friends Sophie and Webster help the local pet shop owner, Mrs. Birdwistle, find homes for 101 fluffy guinea pigs in this fur-and-fun-filled romp. This series already has a solid fan base, but this title is sure to garner even more. The cuddly subject matter, extra-large font, frequent illustrations in Reynolds' signature cartoon style, and additional "Stink's Furry Facts" comics are sure to attract many new fans. This one is just fun.
Jen
Feb 04, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it
Stink Moody is one of my favorite characters in children's literature today. When he, Webster and Sophie of the Elves embark on saving a bunch of guinea pigs in the Squeals on Wheels van, oh what fun they have! The guinea pig facts included in this book are very interesting and kids loved hearing those. I know that I learned a lot by reading them! This book makes for a great read aloud. I read it to my 2nd graders who are guinea pig crazy and it was a hit!
Jenny
Apr 16, 2008 Jenny rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 3rd graders
Shelves: adventure
Cute story about Stink Moody and his friends as they help to find good homes for 101 guinea pigs who were rescued by Mrs. Birdwistle. Trying to find homes for these cute little criters is harder than they thought. So they embark on an adventure trip to Virginia to try to find good homes for them....well except for one special guinea pig that Stink grows overly attached too.
Talia
Oct 12, 2008 Talia rated it really liked it
Stink, Webster, and Sophie of the Elves team up with a neighbor to help give away 101 rescued guinea pigs. They even go on a cross-state trip in an old bus, and things are going well until Stink becomes a little too attached to a certain guinea pig named Astro.

Another cute Stink book! Also, a good book for introducing kids to the idea of owning a pet.
Cathy
May 14, 2014 Cathy rated it really liked it
Very cute first chapter book. The story was cute and interesting, and it was a challenging - but not too challenging - book for my lower elementary reader, who is making the transition to reading real chapter books on her own. This is a good read aloud (parent or child reading) for lower elementary to middle grade kids. I will be getting more Stink books for her to read.
Melissa Namba
Jul 17, 2016 Melissa Namba rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, coplin
a cute book for little brothers. I like that it actually goes in to describing the amount if work required to keep a pet and the trouble it can cause. I don't think the expectation that a bunch of kids can travel with a non related adult far distances without consulting their parents FIRST is a good one to set.
Johanna Rivas
Apr 24, 2014 Johanna Rivas rated it did not like it
This book is about a boy name stink, who founds a lot of guinea pigs and his friends and him they don't know what to do, but the best solution they just start a little zoo were people can adopt guinea pig. All this was a perfect solution until people were starting to get problem with the guinea pig.... What do u think its going to happen with all this animals and all this problem?? Hmm
Jane Humane
Mar 25, 2014 Jane Humane rated it it was amazing
This book was great!

The characters and their innocence is precious, not to mention funny! I loved their dedication and the fact that the author introduced the horrid problem of animals being used for testing cosmetics in a gentle way. The kids demonstrate commitment and the book promotes adoption instead of buying.

A MUST-READ..................
Kristin R
Aug 24, 2009 Kristin R rated it really liked it
Shelves: juv
This was just as fun as all of McDonald's other books, this one starring Stink, instead of Judy. Join him and his friends as they find, capture and help find good homes for 101 guinea pigs. They help Mrs. Birdwhistle of Fur & Fangs save these creatures and create a travelling guinea pig home to help get them adopted.
Mellodi Parks
Jan 06, 2015 Mellodi Parks rated it it was amazing
I never raised these critters as a kid, but I remembered how much I wanted a pet growing up as well. This one brought those memories right back. I read this book as an adult reader and enjoyed every moment of it. I cannot wait to read the other books in this series. The book had me laughing from beginning to end. It was such a cute story. Won't you give these a read?
Emily Goodin
I lovd this book! It was a cute book that teaches teamwork and finding homes for animals! It was a greta transitional book that would be easy for children to get through. I believe it will have a place in my classroom one day! Great for grades 2 and 3.
Karla
May 06, 2008 Karla rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Beginning Chapter book readers; boys
Shelves: childrens
Learn all about guinea pigs with Stink and friends when they go on the road to try and find homes for a camper full of guinea pigs.
Acton
Oct 02, 2009 Acton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cash
In the book Stink and the Great Guinea Pig Express, Stink, Webster, and Sophie try to give away guinea pigs. The story starts when a boy named Stink and his friends make a Wall of Cereal Boxes instead of the Great Wall of China. This book was great because of the cute, cuddly, furry guinea pigs.
  • Don't Swap Your Sweater for a Dog (Roscoe Riley Rules, #3)
  • Smarter than Squirrels (Down Girl and Sit)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000 (Frankie Pickle, #2)
  • Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa: Rain or Shine
  • Ruby Lu, Brave and True
  • Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3)
  • The Frandidate (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #7)
  • Purple Princess Wins the Prize (Perfectly Princess)
  • Class Trip to the Cave of Doom (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #3)
  • The Unusual Mind of Vincent Shadow
  • Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Stuart Little
  • Mercy Watson: Princess in Disguise (Mercy Watson #4)
  • The Cat on the Mat Is Flat
  • Gooney the Fabulous
  • The Talented Clementine (Clementine, #2)
  • The Magician's Boy
  • Dodsworth in New York
  • Being Teddy Roosevelt
"Sometimes I think I am Judy Moody," says Megan McDonald, author of the Judy Moody series, the Stink series, and THE SISTERS CLUB. "I'm certainly moody, like she is. Judy has a strong voice and always speaks up for herself. I like that."

For Megan McDonald, being able to speak up for herself wasn't always easy. She grew up as the youngest of five sisters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Her father, an
More about Megan McDonald...

Stink (10 books)
  • Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid (Stink, #1)
  • Stink and the Incredible Super-Galactic Jawbreaker (Stink, #2)
  • Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers (Stink, #3)
  • Stink: Solar System Superhero (Stink, #5)
  • Stink: The Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown (Stink, #6)
  • Stink and the Midnight Zombie Walk (Stink, #7)
  • Stink and the Freaky Frog Freakout (Stink, #8)
  • Stink and the Shark Sleepover (Stink, #9)
  • Stink and the Attack of the Slime Mold (Stink, #10)