Start by marking “Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is) - A Study Guide for Men” as Want to Read:
Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is) - A Study Guide for Men

Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is) - A Study Guide for Men

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  204 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Overcoming lust is a process that requires diligent focus and accountability from others, and these in-depth guides help establish both. They're designed for a variety of settings, from one-on-one accountability partnerships to Sunday school classes. Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is) made the statement that lust is a human problem (not just a guy problem) and that Jesus can ...more
Published December 15th 2005 by Multnomah Books (first published June 18th 2004)

Be the first to ask a question about Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is) - A Study Guide for Men

Emmett Major
Certainly helps make clear what God's standard is regarding sex for the single and the married. Also provides some practical guidance about things you can do to help stop..well, bad habits. I recommend it for anyone really trying to do better in this area of their life.
Brent Soderstrum
My review goes to the book itself, not the study guide. The book itself doesn't register on goodreads. Not a good sign.

I have enjoyed Harris' other books. This one deals with one of my most formidable opponent-Lust. It never satisfies despite our pursuit and the dumb things we do as a result of it. God has better things planned for us-sex in a marriage.

I also like how Harris emphasises that christian men seem to gauge their relationship with God on how often the masterrubate. Mastrubation is a s
Taylor Smith
I read the book, didn't do the study guide, especially not the men's!!
Trixie Gonzalez
An informative book regarding to guarding your mind, soul, body, and eyes. It points out what exactly one is struggling with and why. I am a female and was able to see the issue and problem. It had good insight about the issue of lust a many ways we as Christians can overcome it and although there is no solution there should be limitations and arduous discipline. Over all a very easy and useful read. I enjoyed it.
Kendra
Although I didn't read this in its entirety (more of a heavy skim), it had good thoughts and practical ideas for any person (male of female)caught in the trap of lust. Seems to focus more on heart issues leading to masturbation rather than heart issues leading to fornication.
Ann Dowd
Aug 31, 2012 Ann Dowd is currently reading it
Reading this with my husband, although the copy we have doesn't say it is for men. Wanting to communicate a helpful, responsible, God-centered view on this to our boys.
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
1Nate1
1Nate1 marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Mjroco Hutchin
Mjroco Hutchin marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Sarah Hannah
Sarah Hannah marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Michael Gerber
Michael Gerber marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Liza
Liza marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Evangeline Navarone
Evangeline Navarone marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Caleb Josh
Caleb Josh marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Riley Sheehan
Riley Sheehan marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Daniel John
Daniel John marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Alona Diano
Alona Diano marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Brighton Brandt
Brighton Brandt marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
  • Church Membership: How the World Knows Who Represents Jesus
  • Business for the Glory of God: The Bible's Teaching on the Moral Goodness of Business
  • What Is a Healthy Church?
  • Secret Keeper: The Delicate Power of Modesty
  • Tempted and Tried: Temptation and the Triumph of Christ
  • The Masculine Mandate: God's Calling to Men
  • Suffering and the Sovereignty of God
  • Leadership: Tidbits and Treasures
  • Voyage of a Viking
  • Reason to Believe: A Response to Common Objections to Christianity
  • Am I Really a Christian?
  • The Lombardi Rules: Twenty-Six Lessons from Vince Lombardi--The World's Greatest Coach
  • Freedom Shift: 3 Choices to Reclaim America's Destiny
  • Man of Steel and Velvet
  • Showing the Spirit
  • Samson and the Pirate Monks: Calling Men to Authentic Brotherhood
  • Rescuing Ambition
  • Thoughts for Young Men
Joshua Harris lives outside Washington, D.C., in Gaithersburg, Maryland, where he's a pastor at Covenant Life Church. His greatest passion is preaching the gospel and calling his generation to wholehearted devotion to God. Each January he leads a national conference for singles called New Attitude.
More about Joshua Harris...
I Kissed Dating Goodbye: A New Attitude Toward Relationships and Romance Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship Not Even a Hint: Guarding Your Heart Against Lust Dug Down Deep: Unearthing What I Believe and Why It Matters Stop Dating the Church!: Fall in Love with the Family of God (Lifechange Books)