Start by marking “Play It Again, Spam (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #7)” as Want to Read:
Play It Again, Spam (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #7)

Play It Again, Spam (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery #7)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  491 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The newly rebuilt Penn Dutch Inn hosts a gathering of World War II buddies who served in the Afrika Corps. In reality, though, the veterans are looking for their old commander, rumored to have slipped into the U.S. after the war, and to have taken the identity of an Amish man. Also staying over are a world famous concert pianist and her historian husband, who has a mission ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 359 pages
Published November 1st 2005 by Wheeler Publishing (first published April 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Play It Again, Spam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Play It Again, Spam

Karol
I have a feeling Tamar Myers didn't know quite what to do with Magdalena Yoder. Early in the series, she gets married at the end of one book. At the beginning of the next her marriage has already ended - just when I thought having her interact with a love interest would all a third dimension to her otherwise 2-dimensional character. Now, at the beginning of this book, her famous inn that had been so popular with "Babs" and other celebrities has been lost in a tornado and she is starting over wit ...more
Mary  (Biblophile)
You'll find after awhile that if you've read one of these, you've read them all. Same old tired jokes and the author recycles entire paragraphs from one book to another. It gets tiresome.
Ellen
pixel

Play It Again, Spam (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery)

Play It Again, Spam (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery)
by Tamar Myers
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

108 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to the wonderful world of the Amish, October 3, 2013

This review is from: Play It Again, Spam (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery) (
"Play It Again, Spam" by Tamar Myers

Have you ever wondered how life goes on inside an Amish community? Well then, welcome to the wonderful Amish world of Magdalena Yoder
Birgit
Going through my towering stacks of mystery novels I came across this book by Tamar Myers. As I've never read any Amish books before I was certainly curious about it, especially because I always assumed Amish novels would be mostly of the contemporary/romantic kind.
Starting off with an unexpected humorous introduction to the main character, Mrs Yoder, it was all downhill from there. Her snippy personality already started to annoy me by page two. And as far as the story goes, well, there isn't mu
Melody
Funny enough that I looked forward to picking it up again when I had to put it down.I both liked and found annoying the main character. It's like she can't decide if she wants to be genteel or snarky and mean. It was well written with good pace and sense of place. The other characters were drawn to adequate depth to make the story interesting and they played well off each other. I really liked the ending. I'll definitely try another in this series.
Joan Schrock
A Pennnsylvania Dutch mystery with recipes. This mystery has mostly Spam recipes and I truly do not like Spam but the mystery was fun and if you like sarcasism Magdelena Yodel has plenty to spare as she rules over her Amish Bed and Breakfast . Light reading .
Kelsey
Amusing, but not a page-turner. Something to read while I was lying on the couch moaning with morning sickness, especially since the paperback was so lightweight. Easier on the wrists that way! :)
Kitty Tomlinson
Magadelena has a group of war veterans check into the newly refurbished Pennsylvania Dutch Inn as her sister, Susannah, prepares to marry Magadelena's foe, Sheriff Melvin Stoltzfus. Fun read.
Jan
The best thing I can say about this book is that I might want to try some of the recipes, substituting almost anything for the spam. The plot is thin, the writing is awkward, and I don't much like the main character. There is a tenuous connection to WWII in the plot, so the fourth book I've read recently with that subject involved.
Kristen
This is another good new cozy mystery to seek your teeth into, literally. It even features recipes you can do and make at home. I was also introduced to this series by a group read via an Internet egroup on cozies.
Rebecca
I didn't really like it. I think partly I am suspicious of the presentations and attitudes shown by Amish, Mennonite, and other Pennsylvania Dutch. It seems more stereotypical than realistic to me.
Colleen
This was humorous enough, but I'm still not sure what was going on.
Jennifer Fosberry
Campy Spam Amish Country fun
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Debra Hubscher
Debra Hubscher marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
David
David added it
Jul 12, 2015
Vickie Ferg
Vickie Ferg marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Marloes
Marloes marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Rene
Rene marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
  • Courting Disaster (Angie Amalfi, #12)
  • A Catered Valentine's Day (A Mystery with Recipes, #4)
  • Mozzarella Most Murderous (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #7)
  • The Body in the Snowdrift (Faith Fairchild, #15)
  • Bread on Arrival (Heaven Lee, #4)
  • The Art of Magic Knight Rayearth, Vol. 1
  • The Flaming Luau of Death (Madeline Bean, #7)
  • The House of Seven Mabels (Jane Jeffry, #13)
  • Cereal Killer (Savannah Reid, #9)
Tamar Myers was born and raised in the Belgian Congo (now just the Congo). Her parents were missionaries to a tribe which, at that time, were known as headhunters and used human skulls for drinking cups. Hers was the first white family ever to peacefully coexist with the tribe, and Tamar grew up fluent in the local trade language. Because of her pale blue eyes, Tamar’s nickname was Ugly Eyes.

Tamar
More about Tamar Myers...

Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #1)
  • Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #2)
  • No Use Dying Over Spilled Milk (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #3)
  • Just Plain Pickled to Death (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #4)
  • Between a Wok and a Hard Place (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #5)
  • Eat, Drink, and Be Wary (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #6)
  • The Hand That Rocks the Ladle (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #8)
  • The Crepes of Wrath (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #9)
  • Gruel and Unusual Punishment (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #10)
  • Custard's Last Stand (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #11)
Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #1) The Witch Doctor's Wife (Amanda Brown #1) Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #2) No Use Dying Over Spilled Milk (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #3) The Crepes of Wrath (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #9)