Start by marking “Demon Eyes” as Want to Read:
Demon Eyes

Demon Eyes

Emma has just started her new job as personal assistant to Alex Keltner when he invites her to a party he is throwing. It'll be a party she will never forget - if she survives. As it progresses, Emma slowly learns the true nature of the guests and her mysterious host - and the real, grotesque purpose of the party.
Mass Market Paperback, 338 pages
Published December 1st 2007 by Leisure Books (first published November 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Demon Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon Eyes

Matthew (M.G.) Allen
May 25, 2016 Matthew (M.G.) Allen rated it it was amazing
I found this book at a Dollar General which I bought with a bottle of Windex and some Skittles. Didn't think I'd ever read it because it was called freakin Demon Eyes. Boring title, huh? Well, this book stayed on my dresser for a while, on the back floor board of my car, various places then I started to read it...Couldn't put it down. Wonderfully detailed, characterization was amazing and the concept, a young woman seduced into a demonic company, offered a refreshing and original voice that deft ...more
Michael Blackburn
Maynard Sims at their best

I started reading this some time ago, but never finished it, no idea why. I've just re-read it, only this time I completed it, and I'm glad I did. Although in one way I wish I hadn't started up until 2am to finish it. Thank heavens I'm not in work tomorrow :)
William M.
Jun 29, 2011 William M. rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror
Although much of this book was fun to read, a lot really didn't make sense, even the small details. For instance, both Helen and Emma have decent jobs and although the livery/stable where Helen works is supposedly flourishing with business, the two can't afford to pay their gas and electric bills. People spoke and acted very oddly to each other, overreacting, and many times simply speaking rudely without provocation. On her first day of work, Emma's boss tells her she looks terrible and needs to ...more
Amy
Jun 12, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: demons
Emma Porter begins her new job as personal assistant to Alex Keltner, a very powerful man, head of Keltner Industries, with powerful friends, soon after the accidental death of her lover, Helen, grateful for the distraction. She attends a party at the secluded Keltner estate and soon after realizes that she is working for a sexual vampire, that Keltner Industries is nothing more than a brothel, and that his friends are nothing but hungry soul fuckers, demons that get their energy from sex. These ...more
Ms. Nikki
This is my first read by Sims and Maynard. There was so much wrong with this "creature story" that I will not list it all, but I will say that the storyline was a jumbled mess and everything was wrapped up so quickly in the last 5 pages that for a second I thought there was going to be a "to be continued" ending. I did finish it in the hopes that it would get better. It never did. Not recommended.
Darren L.
Nov 26, 2010 Darren L. rated it really liked it
Several of the reviews said it was boring. I disagree. To me this was fast-paced and interesting. Believable? Never. And two men creating a lesbian female lead character is more than risky -- it's almost foolish. But I liked this book more than I expected. And I really grew fond of Emma. The ending wasn't what I expected or liked, but in some ways that may be for the best.
Toni N
Jan 04, 2012 Toni N rated it really liked it
This book was a never-boring page-turner with an unexpected ending. I wanted something scary/frightening. And, it gave me just what I was looking for. I'd definitely recommend to horror/thriller fans.
Michael
Jun 16, 2008 Michael rated it it was ok
I'm not really sure how you can write a book about sex monsters and make it boring. But, here it is, somehow.
Dixie
Dixie rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Shannon Oyer crawford
Shannon Oyer crawford rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2015
Jules
Jules rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2011
Lavell
Lavell rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2012
Jennifer rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2011
K_kay McFarland
K_kay McFarland rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2007
Lindsey Albright
Lindsey Albright rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2012
Horror Bob
Horror Bob rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2008
Josh
Josh rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2011
Tim
Tim rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2009
Metagion
Metagion rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2011
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2013
Angel R
Angel R rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Angela R. Passaro
Angela R. Passaro rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Lesa
Lesa rated it it was ok
Nov 08, 2014
Lynita
Lynita rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2012
Michael R.
Michael R. rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2008
leah ash
leah ash rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2008
Tina
Tina rated it it was ok
Oct 22, 2012
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
L.H. (Len) Maynard writes supernatural horror with M.P.N. (Mick) Sims.
More about L.H. Maynard...