Start by marking “The Circle trilogy (Circle trilogy #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Circle trilogy (Circle trilogy #1-3)

The Circle trilogy (Circle Trilogy #1-3)

4.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,862 Ratings  ·  83 Reviews
Morrigan's Cross: As a storm rages, the tale begins...of a powerful vampire's lust for destruction - and of the circle of six charged by the goddess Morrigan to stop her. One of the chosen is a medieval sorcerer whose quest will take him through time - and into the arms of a woman courageous enough to link her destiny to his own... Dance of the Gods: As the circle of six p ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published February 29th 2008 by Brilliance Corp (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Circle trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Circle trilogy

Douglas Meeks
Aug 09, 2011 Douglas Meeks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone with a soul
While not a huge fan of Nora Roberts I have to be impressed by the sheer volume of work she puts out, but most of it does not interest me. This trilogy is what I would call a HUGE exception, it was entertaining, the story-line that some have thought predictable was captivating and I find it an epic example of what I hope to find when I read any book in this genre. This is the gold standard I use to measure other works against. The thing here is why? The main thing for me in any book is to be ent ...more
Karen
Dec 14, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing
This is my favourite Nora Roberts trilogy, it has everything for lovers of Paranormal romance - Sorcerer, witch, scholar, warrior, shapeshifter and vampire, with a sprinkling of time travel. I couldn't put it down and couldn't wait to finish it to see what happened to all the characters. By the same token - I was really sorry when I did finish it. One for the re-read pile I think!
Marjorie Pfister
This is one of my all time favorite series. Nora Roberts at her finest. And the audio reading is in one word. Perfect.
A wizard, and vampire who are twin brothers from the 11th century are charged with a witch from 20th century New York City, and three others in a quest to save worlds(plural) from an ancient vampire queen who wants to turn human kind into one gigantic food source.
The quest outlined by the Morrigan, an ancient goddess is vague, and seemingly impossible, but the circle needed to
Lady's View
Oct 19, 2011 Lady's View rated it it was amazing
Excellent series...you would want to try to audio version, the narrator has a powerful voice. Also get all three books, you won't want to miss what happens to:

1. Sorcerer
2. Witch
3. Vampire
4. Scholar
5. Shape Shifter
6. Warrior

I was sorry when it ended.
Scope
Jan 22, 2011 Scope rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved all of the books that I've read written by Nora Roberts, but this by far is my favourite series! I love Cian! I don't read too many books over again, but this is a series that I've kept close at hand!
Taylor
Jan 27, 2011 Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
read it twice. couldn't help it. romance novels are my vice. add vampires, shape shifters, and witches and my geek side comes out. geek side + romance novel = reread!
Jennifer Clark
Feb 13, 2014 Jennifer Clark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not really a very big fan of fantasy literature, but if there are vampires, witch and dragons in the scene, i would surely love it.. that's why i was so amazed and i can say that this Circle trilogy is really worth reading!

Morrigan's Cross (Book 1), Dance of the Gods (Book 2) & Valley of Silence (Book 3) is a great trilogy book, way better than the Twilight saga, i might say! It's a fantastic mix of time travel, vampire chronicles, and romance.

All of the following characters had some kin
Jan King
Feb 27, 2013 Jan King rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I believe this series is Nora Roberts' writing at her very best. I love the whole fairytale aspect of it. I actually wanted to give the series a five star rating, but I am giving it 4.5, only because of what I felt were the silly conversations between Lilith, the Vampire Queen, and her subjects. To wit:
"Bring me someone to eat."
OR:
After practically draining a human being between them, Laura uses her napkin, delicately dabbing at her lips, and says, "I needed a civilized meal." Absolutely silly.
T
Lerato
Jan 06, 2013 Lerato rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cian was the very first vampire I fell in love with and I still love him even now. The series was so good I read right through the night and finished it and started all over again.

The first book is about Hoyt and Jenna and basically sets up the rest of the story. The second is about Blair and Larkin and the last book is about Cian and Moira. The 6 are enlisted by the goddess Morrigan to fight the vampire queen Lilith and army of vampires. In the midst of all this they find love.

By far one of t
Caitlyn "Books Are My Life" Baker
My dad made me read this set last summer. And boy, am I glad I did!

Morrigan's Cross took a while to really get going and become interesting, but by the end I was clamouring for more. Honestly, take a rainy afternoon and just get through the first few chapters. Once they all arrive in Ireland, it gets really interesting.

Once I got to book two and three, I was completely into it. I was like: "NEXT BOOK PLEASE!!!" The constant wonder of where they would all end up in the middle of the third book
Stephany
Aug 01, 2014 Stephany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I would never be into vampire romance novels...
oh dear... this is absolutely one of my favourite books.

I love thrillers, sci-fi, essays on lit. and yes, this is 'chick lit', but its good!

The whole trilogy is exciting, but romantic. It isnt silly, lost girls that discover they need a man (the second one, mayyybe stears a bit in that direction, but the action back-story compensates). These are different, strong women. And the men, there are hunky, timid and sexy, fun, nerdy, all availabl
R.T. Wolfe
Aug 13, 2012 R.T. Wolfe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I highly suggest getting ahold of an audio book of this trilogy. The narrator is wonderful. He has this authentic Irish accent. Wow. The characters are as diverse as the plot. Twists and turns. Gothic, time travel, vampires, queens, sorcerers--Nora included them all. I still cry in book three and know the ending. I've read them and listened to them. Hmm...I think I'll go read again!
Maura
Dianne
Jan 11, 2015 Dianne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series. I've read and re-read it so often. Wish it would be made into a movie, the characters and storyline are very exciting.
Lisa
Jul 24, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this trilogy! I really don't read Nora Roberts, but if she writes more of this genre, I'd definitely read more.
Daltonzagng
Jan 10, 2013 Daltonzagng rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These characters were terrific!! I loved the story, chemistry, fantasy, love. Just great.
Meagan
Sep 22, 2009 Meagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By far my favorite Nora Trilogys!!
Kaita
Mar 22, 2010 Kaita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One word INCREDIBLE!
The Bookish Chick
Morrigan’s Cross: As a storm rages, the tale begins...of a powerful vampire’s lust for destruction - and of the circle of six charged by the goddess Morrigan to stop her. One of the chosen is a medieval sorcerer whose quest will take him through time - and into the arms of a woman courageous enough to link her destiny to his own... Dance of the Gods: As the circle of six prepare for their final clash with the dark army of the vampire Lilith, the battleground shifts. In Ireland, a stone circle se ...more
Carrie Olguin
Aug 12, 2013 Carrie Olguin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
When I sought out a new subgenre for romance (from historical to whatever), I went to my digital library and looked for books with a long waiting list. I figured if that many people were willing to wait that long to read that book, it had to be worth reading.

This three-book collection wasn't the most popular book on the waiting list. (till number 280 of 360 for that one). I didn't bother to read the BOB blurb figuring it would be a surprise. And heck, three ebooks in one and I didn't have to wai
Jessica
Jan 06, 2016 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is definitely nora roberts and paranormal romance at its best. i read alot of romances and most are adorably cheesy and predictable. while i love that sometimes nora roberts is a treat because of her unbelievable talent. i forgot how easy it is to get lost in her writing but this is definitely one of my favorites by her. frst of all the storyline is essentially a modern day epic albeit with a softer perspective than the older ones. roberts manages to bring the story and characters to life. ...more
Lorie
Mar 27, 2009 Lorie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes fantasy
This trilogy was recommended to my by a coworker, since I liked the Twilight series. The only thing this set has in common with Twilight is that some of the characters were vampires. The first book in this set took forever to read, the second and third went pretty quickly. I'm not going to go into the story line, but I'll say that it was fairly predictable, and had guessed the identity of the narrator of the story before I finished the second book. There was a lot in these novels that I thought ...more
Chrissy Carl
May 17, 2014 Chrissy Carl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have search high and low to find another mystical series that even halfway compares to the trilogy! This is the series I compare all others to! COMPLETELY GRIPPING AND I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!!!! I have even fell in love with Cian!

This books has witches, sorcerers, shape shifters, vampires, time and dimension traveling, etc! There is so much to get swept up in that it is the perfect summer escape reading!!!!! Love love love!!!!!
Jacque Holst
Mar 05, 2015 Jacque Holst rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like ' The Cousins O'Dwyer' one of Nora Roberts bes

I enjoyed the history, the mystic insight into the Irish, into a country of priests and kings. The development of each of the members of the circle and their worlds. The courage and love shared by the circle, by the couples making up the circle. Lovely adventure and romance. Like ' The Cousins O'Dwyer' one of Nora Roberts best.
Marie
Jan 27, 2015 Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazing

This trilogy captured me from the very beginning! I will say it's best to read all three together. As the books began with an old man telling a story, I was reminded of my grandfather. As the final book ended and found out who the old man was I believed once again in the gods.
Cat Rogers
Apr 28, 2016 Cat Rogers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved all three books. Awesome characters, enjoyable story line. The books definitely followed what I've come to think of as Roberts trilogy format, but were thoroughly enjoyable stories that didn't disappoint. Once I started one book I just wanted to keep reading until the end of the trilogy.
Yasmine Tabone
This series was one of my earliest ones. I had read it right after the Twilight Saga and I enjoyed reading it. It's along the same lines as Twilight but the story is more intriguing and more complicated, with time travel and family quarrels, etc. Not bad..
Debbie
Nov 08, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable reads about vampires, they were easy to follow. I enjoy that each character is different and you get to know they they're characteristics in the stories. It's a fast paced series and you get transported to a different time/place.
Lynn Verrill
Aug 07, 2014 Lynn Verrill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great twist of alternate realities and realms fighting of good vs evil with classic vampire and sorcery. loved how the characters meshed together while being so utterly different from each other both time and place.
Gaylene A Cornell
My favorite trilogy yet

I was riveted from the very beginning and each book was better and better. So much love and action, good vs evil.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The In Death Collection: Books 21-25
  • Gabriel
  • Bell, Book, and Murder: The Bast Mysteries
  • Patty's Gamble (Montana Collection, Book 3)
  • Immortal (Immortals Saga, #1)
  • Strange Magic: Part One (Magic, #1)
  • Bad Mouth (Immortalis, #1)
  • Catherine Coulter the FBI Thrillers Collection Books 6-10
  • A Summer Affair (Calhoun Chronicles #5)
  • Piper's Fury (Passion of the Soul, #1)
  • Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)
  • The Golden Princess (Emberverse, #11)
  • Blood Redemption (Blood Destiny, #9)
  • Laced with Magic (Sugar Maple, #2)
  • Ladies of the Lair (Dragon Knights, #1 & 2)
  • Healing Touch
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Circle Trilogy (3 books)
  • Morrigan's Cross (Circle Trilogy, #1)
  • Dance of the Gods (Circle Trilogy, #2)
  • Valley of Silence (Circle Trilogy, #3)

“could feel the power of it, of her across the dream. And he knew she was seeking him out. Even in sleep he felt the pull of her, and that same impatience he’d sensed from her within his circle, within his own time. It seemed for an instant that their” 0 likes
“such sacrifice, to damn an innocent to” 0 likes