Start by marking “The Circle trilogy (Circle trilogy #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Circle trilogy (Circle trilogy #1-3)

The Circle trilogy (Circle Trilogy #1-3)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  2,971 ratings  ·  70 reviews
Morrigan's Cross: As a storm rages, the tale begins...of a powerful vampire's lust for destruction - and of the circle of six charged by the goddess Morrigan to stop her. One of the chosen is a medieval sorcerer whose quest will take him through time - and into the arms of a woman courageous enough to link her destiny to his own... Dance of the Gods: As the circle of six p ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published February 29th 2008 by Brilliance Corp (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Circle trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Circle trilogy

Karen
This is my favourite Nora Roberts trilogy, it has everything for lovers of Paranormal romance - Sorcerer, witch, scholar, warrior, shapeshifter and vampire, with a sprinkling of time travel. I couldn't put it down and couldn't wait to finish it to see what happened to all the characters. By the same token - I was really sorry when I did finish it. One for the re-read pile I think!
Marjorie Pfister
This is one of my all time favorite series. Nora Roberts at her finest. And the audio reading is in one word. Perfect.
A wizard, and vampire who are twin brothers from the 11th century are charged with a witch from 20th century New York City, and three others in a quest to save worlds(plural) from an ancient vampire queen who wants to turn human kind into one gigantic food source.
The quest outlined by the Morrigan, an ancient goddess is vague, and seemingly impossible, but the circle needed to
Lady's View
Excellent series...you would want to try to audio version, the narrator has a powerful voice. Also get all three books, you won't want to miss what happens to:

1. Sorcerer
2. Witch
3. Vampire
4. Scholar
5. Shape Shifter
6. Warrior

I was sorry when it ended.
Jennifer Clark
I'm not really a very big fan of fantasy literature, but if there are vampires, witch and dragons in the scene, i would surely love it.. that's why i was so amazed and i can say that this Circle trilogy is really worth reading!

Morrigan's Cross (Book 1), Dance of the Gods (Book 2) & Valley of Silence (Book 3) is a great trilogy book, way better than the Twilight saga, i might say! It's a fantastic mix of time travel, vampire chronicles, and romance.

All of the following characters had some kin
Scope
I have loved all of the books that I've read written by Nora Roberts, but this by far is my favourite series! I love Cian! I don't read too many books over again, but this is a series that I've kept close at hand!
Taylor
read it twice. couldn't help it. romance novels are my vice. add vampires, shape shifters, and witches and my geek side comes out. geek side + romance novel = reread!
Douglas Meeks
Aug 09, 2011 Douglas Meeks rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone with a soul
While not a huge fan of Nora Roberts I have to be impressed by the sheer volume of work she puts out, but most of it does not interest me. This trilogy is what I would call a HUGE exception, it was entertaining, the story-line that some have thought predictable was captivating and I find it an epic example of what I hope to find when I read any book in this genre. This is the gold standard I use to measure other works against. The thing here is why? The main thing for me in any book is to be ent ...more
Jan King
I believe this series is Nora Roberts' writing at her very best. I love the whole fairytale aspect of it. I actually wanted to give the series a five star rating, but I am giving it 4.5, only because of what I felt were the silly conversations between Lilith, the Vampire Queen, and her subjects. To wit:
"Bring me someone to eat."
OR:
After practically draining a human being between them, Laura uses her napkin, delicately dabbing at her lips, and says, "I needed a civilized meal." Absolutely silly.
T
Lerato
Cian was the very first vampire I fell in love with and I still love him even now. The series was so good I read right through the night and finished it and started all over again.

The first book is about Hoyt and Jenna and basically sets up the rest of the story. The second is about Blair and Larkin and the last book is about Cian and Moira. The 6 are enlisted by the goddess Morrigan to fight the vampire queen Lilith and army of vampires. In the midst of all this they find love.

By far one of t
Maura
Morrigan's Cross - 3/5 - This series is something of a mess. I can't figure out what genre this is supposed to be categorized in...paranormal? Yes. Contemporary? Yes. Historical? Kind of. Fantasy? Yes. Action? Not much. There is definitely romance. Hoyt and Glenna - the sorcerer and the wiccan. He's from another time, she's from NYC and they're trapped in a house with a whole cast of characters (some of them rather annoying) and they're training to fight vampires and having lots of sex. Mostly I ...more
Stephany
I thought I would never be into vampire romance novels...
oh dear... this is absolutely one of my favourite books.

I love thrillers, sci-fi, essays on lit. and yes, this is 'chick lit', but its good!

The whole trilogy is exciting, but romantic. It isnt silly, lost girls that discover they need a man (the second one, mayyybe stears a bit in that direction, but the action back-story compensates). These are different, strong women. And the men, there are hunky, timid and sexy, fun, nerdy, all availabl
R.T. Wolfe
I highly suggest getting ahold of an audio book of this trilogy. The narrator is wonderful. He has this authentic Irish accent. Wow. The characters are as diverse as the plot. Twists and turns. Gothic, time travel, vampires, queens, sorcerers--Nora included them all. I still cry in book three and know the ending. I've read them and listened to them. Hmm...I think I'll go read again!
Dianne
Loved this series. I've read and re-read it so often. Wish it would be made into a movie, the characters and storyline are very exciting.
Lisa
Loved this trilogy! I really don't read Nora Roberts, but if she writes more of this genre, I'd definitely read more.
Daltonzagng
These characters were terrific!! I loved the story, chemistry, fantasy, love. Just great.
Meagan
By far my favorite Nora Trilogys!!
The Bookish Chick
Morrigan’s Cross: As a storm rages, the tale begins...of a powerful vampire’s lust for destruction - and of the circle of six charged by the goddess Morrigan to stop her. One of the chosen is a medieval sorcerer whose quest will take him through time - and into the arms of a woman courageous enough to link her destiny to his own... Dance of the Gods: As the circle of six prepare for their final clash with the dark army of the vampire Lilith, the battleground shifts. In Ireland, a stone circle se ...more
Carrie Olguin
When I sought out a new subgenre for romance (from historical to whatever), I went to my digital library and looked for books with a long waiting list. I figured if that many people were willing to wait that long to read that book, it had to be worth reading.

This three-book collection wasn't the most popular book on the waiting list. (till number 280 of 360 for that one). I didn't bother to read the BOB blurb figuring it would be a surprise. And heck, three ebooks in one and I didn't have to wai
Jessica
this is definitely nora roberts and paranormal romance at its best. i read alot of romances and most are adorably cheesy and predictable. while i love that sometimes nora roberts is a treat because of her unbelievable talent. i forgot how easy it is to get lost in her writing but this is definitely one of my favorites by her. frst of all the storyline is essentially a modern day epic albeit with a softer perspective than the older ones. roberts manages to bring the story and characters to life. ...more
Lorie
Mar 27, 2009 Lorie rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes fantasy
This trilogy was recommended to my by a coworker, since I liked the Twilight series. The only thing this set has in common with Twilight is that some of the characters were vampires. The first book in this set took forever to read, the second and third went pretty quickly. I'm not going to go into the story line, but I'll say that it was fairly predictable, and had guessed the identity of the narrator of the story before I finished the second book. There was a lot in these novels that I thought ...more
Chrissy Carl
I have search high and low to find another mystical series that even halfway compares to the trilogy! This is the series I compare all others to! COMPLETELY GRIPPING AND I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!!!! I have even fell in love with Cian!

This books has witches, sorcerers, shape shifters, vampires, time and dimension traveling, etc! There is so much to get swept up in that it is the perfect summer escape reading!!!!! Love love love!!!!!
Lynn Verrill
great twist of alternate realities and realms fighting of good vs evil with classic vampire and sorcery. loved how the characters meshed together while being so utterly different from each other both time and place.
Mrspam4ever
i enjoyed the trilogy. They were easy weekend reads with a small group of characters that were easy and fun to follow.
Shannon ray
Michele Maliano
Read this trilogy when it first came out. Half way through the first book I had suspected how it would end ... who the actual story was. I had to read each book as soon as I could get my hands on it. Not only to see if I was right but also because the story was so compelling. I wept at the end even though I knew who the story teller was. I had read every Nora Roberts book up to this story. I had read others after. They were good but not the caliber of this story. So, I haven't read much since bu ...more
Lori Crague
The Circle Trilogy is one of my favorite trilogies by Nora Roberts. These books are about a sorcerer, shift changer, and vampire - you go into the future, through different worlds and times - the characters are amazing - there is no way to explain all that happens - but to just read them for yourself. There is wonderful character development and the relationships with all the characters also makes it one of my favorite reads.
Lisa Tsuruda
Nora Roberts is my favorite contemporary author!!! She write all types of romance and just kicks ass!!! This is my favorite set and it's paranormal, but very engaging! My student book club read the entire set when it came out and even the boys loved it!!!! Read this now as the three books cover three months leading up to Halloween in October!!! AWESOME!!!
Jessica Kelishes
Above all one of my favorite by Nora Roberts! I have read this series several times and will continue. It has adventure and romance. Vampires, Witches, Warlock, a shape shifter. I love the strong female leads, the plot, the characters relationships that are built. The scenery.. everything.. Just a wonderful read!
Ginny Leigh

I absolutely loved this trilogy. I can't wait to read it again. I was really impressed with how accurate Nora Roberts was when referring to the magick and witchcraft, she must have done her research. I couldn't put these books down, I read them all in less than a week. Highly recommended.
  • The In Death Collection: Books 21-25
  • The Golden Princess (Emberverse, #11)
  • Immortal (Immortals Saga, #1)
  • Move a Little, Lose a Lot: New N.E.A.T. Science Reveals How to Be Thinner, Happier, and Smarter
  • Catherine Coulter the FBI Thrillers Collection Books 6-10
  • Billionaires Prefer Blondes (Samantha Jellicoe, #3)
  • The Case of the Sinful Santa (End Street Detective Agency #4)
  • Ladies of the Lair (Dragon Knights, #1 & 2)
  • Another Year
  • A Summer Affair (Calhoun Chronicles #5)
  • Blood Rebellion (Blood Destiny, #7)
  • Restless Heart: A Novel
  • Bell, Book, and Murder: The Bast Mysteries
  • The Mercy Thompson Collection Books (Mercy Thompson, #1-5)
  • When You Call My Name (Silhouette Intimate Moments #687)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...