Start by marking “The Bean Bible: A Legumaniac's Guide To Lentils, Peas, And Every Edible Bean On The Planet!” as Want to Read:

Earthy, elegant, affordable, and nourishing, the virtuous legume gets star billing in this comprehensive bean primer written by chef, consultant and food writer Aliza Green. More than 200 delectable recipes-gathered from Green's travels and from famous chefs and restaurants-are accompanied by essential information on bean varieties, cooking methods, and equipment.
Published June 7th 2000 by Running Press (first published 2000)

Elie
Jun 19, 2013 Elie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eating
A very complete look at how to cook beans.
There are a few typical recipes like baked beans made with ketchup and mustard, but then followed by a fancier version. I consider most of these dishes an adventure to a far off land.
Each recipe includes about 1 or 2 ingredients that I have never heard of, which I haven't had problems skipping. In addition, I have been introduced to many new spices.
Included in the book are many heirloom beans or beans only available to the home gardener (at least where I
Beth
Jul 08, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tons of detailed info on preparing storing and different cooking methods for every kind of bean you can imagine. I've always thought I should eat more beans, but didn't know what to do with them. There are a wide range if recipes, some relatively simple like lentils with hot dogs, and others more complicated, like Ravioli with spring greens filling and creamy white bean and sage sauce.
Jen
Mar 05, 2007 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Well, I kinda just get a kick out of the title...but this has some good recipes for some savory oven-cooked beans, and helpful cooking times etc. She tries to go into desserts etc, but mostly I just use it for variations on standard boiled black beans. Recipes are marked vegetarian or not.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Chris Beckstrom
Chris Beckstrom rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Tracey
Tracey rated it did not like it
Jun 24, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Linda Webb
Linda Webb marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Edward
Edward is currently reading it
Dec 05, 2015
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Juan
Juan rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Ginzubooksgmail.Com
Ginzubooksgmail.Com marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Janet Taylor
Janet Taylor rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Julie
Julie added it
Apr 11, 2015
Dawne
Dawne rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Shannon Mccabe
Shannon Mccabe marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Katrina
Katrina rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Wendy Hudson
Wendy Hudson marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Jon
Jon marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Rachelle Ternier
Rachelle Ternier marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Kbg503
Kbg503 rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2013
Katie Carrick
Katie Carrick rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2013
Victoria Pike
Victoria Pike marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Samantha Siefert
Samantha Siefert marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2013