Start by marking “Master of Swords (Mageverse, #4)” as Want to Read:
Master of Swords (Mageverse, #4)

Master of Swords (Mageverse #4)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  2,357 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Witch Lark McClure has survived a vicious vampire attack that shook her confidence and left her struggling with feelings of helplessness and fear. The last thing she needs is a partnership with Gawain, a handsome vampire knight who means to seduce her every chance he gets.

Gawain believes he needs Lark for one thing and one thing only—and it’s not her skill with magic. In t
Mass Market Paperback, First Edition, 294 pages
Published October 3rd 2006 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Master of Swords, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Master of Swords

Lover Awakened by J.R. WardFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardFifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
Books with the Hottest Sex!
357th out of 2,519 books — 2,476 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. WardFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia Day
Favorite Erotic Romance
442nd out of 2,087 books — 2,304 voters

More lists with this book...

Natalie
This is the second book I've read of this series. The other one was Master of Wolves, which I highly recommend. I think I've re-read Master of Wolves about three or four times. And for me and a romance, that doesn't happen very often.

For this series, I'm tentative when I say you don't really need to have read the previous books to understand what's going on. Ms. Knight does a fairly good job of blending in the present with background.

With that being said, I found this book gripping, exciting and
Kathy Davie
I do like how Knight blends vampires with the tales of King Arthur and his court into this hot paranormal romance.
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Book #4 in the Mageverse series

This is Gawain's story. He has a simbiotic relationship with Kel - a dragon who's been trapped in a sword for 1600 years - Kel provides him with magic which makes him pretty badass.

After losing several Magi & Magae in the battle with Geirolf, Arthur decides that each rookie should be paired with a seasoned veteran. Gawain gets paired with Lark, who is Tristan's great-granddaughter. Since Magi have to feed from Magae, Gawain & Lark also pair up in the bedroo
Jg
I have just discovered what may potentially be a new favorite series, hopefully the rest of the books will be just as good!

The Mageverse series presents yet another take on vampire lore, with the Knights of the Round Table (yes, you heard that right) as vamps, whose sustenance comes from feeding off of Maja, or witches. Sounds suspiciously like the Black Dagger Brotherhood, which strangely enough, doesn't bother me (although I do want to find out which author wrote what series first!).

This part
Robin
It only took four novels to get the one I expected at the start of this series once I learned of the Arthurian (with a lot of poetic license) premise of the Mageverse series. Finally a love story about one of the Arthurian Knights: Gawain. His love interest: Tristan's great-granddaughter. Gawain is a happy bachelor, quite satisfied with his 15-century bromance with his dragon friend Kel who has been enchanted into a talking sword and who shares a mental link with Gawain. Having to take on Lark M ...more
J.R. Newell
Let me start by saying that I haven't read any of the other books in this series (although I plan to change that in the near future). Which means that I almost didn't read past the first 50 pages. But I am so glad I did! Once I figured out the backstory and the rules to this alternate universe, the story just flew! Sexy hero, strong and interesting heroine, great writing and HOT sex scenes. This story is well written, has great pacing and is exactly what I hope a romance will deliver when I'm lo ...more
Margaret Konecsni
I came REALLY late to this series, so I'm only going on what I've gleaned from it.

While the romance was sweet and the sex scenes hot, I found myself skimming the bad guys' scenes, and was still able to follow along after their initial introduction.
Good story, wish I had read the earlier books in the series first to get better background details on the secondary plot that seems to be running through the whole series - the war between the maji/majae led by King Arthur and sorcerers created by a bad guy who was killed in a previous book. I liked the main characters but felt that there wasn't quite enough back story for the woman - Lark. Gawain - the guy - had a whole chapter of back story, but Lark only had a couple of paragraphs, which I as ...more
Nichola connor
If you enjoy a good vampire romance then these are definately worth a look at it did take me a couple of chapters before i was really able to sink my teeth into the story line.
For me i think the whole idea of( merlin,King Arthur and his Knights of the round table)as the vampires confused me a little to start with. However once i could relate to the concept it was an easy read and i got to know the characters a little better. For me there was just enough romance fighting and humour to keep me ent
Missy Jane
This was (and still is) my favorite book in the Mageverse series. In fact, this was my third reading. I like each of the main characters, especially Kel. Also, this is the closest the characters have come to admitting their love before being forced into bonding for life in this series. The life or death situation is still there, but they were so close I was able to overlook the coercion this time.
JazzRizz
I completely adore this series. Gawain and Lark are amazing. The intrigue in the Mageverse keeps getting thicker with each book. A dragon locked in a sword, linked to Gawain. Love Kel . . . and can't wait to read his book!

Regina
Angela Knight hits another homer in the Mageverse series, this time with Gawain and Lark (who happens to be the great-granddaughter of another Round Table knight). The story and characters rock, and the sex is hot.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Book 6 in this series was a good fast read. Ms. Knight writes another story which sucked me into her Mageverse. I like learning about each knight of the round table. A guaranteed smexy and happily ever after.
Shannon
I have to say I love, love, LOVE the Mageverse! Each couple I read about draws me in even more. Lark and Gawain are awesome and Kel! oh Kel. This is a great blend of comedy, romance, drama and action.
Julia
Oct 25, 2012 Julia marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Michelle
This is definitely one if my favorites of the series! Couldn't put it down! Loved the chemistry..and kel....total yumminess!!!!;)
Terri Pray
Feb 06, 2012 Terri Pray rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Terri by: paranormal romance fans
Angela Knight never fails to deliver. Although this is a re-read for me, it's one I'm glad I went back and picked up again.
Joanne
Always a go to series. What more can you ask for than adventure, romance and sex. Love this series.
Tabi
This series just keeps getting better and better :) Amazing and steamy and action packed all in one!
Danielle Coleman
I drooled every time she mentioned the hero in this book and i was like "YUMMY" all through it lol
Shell
I didn't like this one as much as the others in the series, it was still good though.
Dobarah
This book left me wanting to read the others in this series!
Melissa Wehunt
Master of Swords (Mageverse, Book 7) by Angela Knight (2006)
Brittney Bower
read this and thought who gets to be the dragons lover
Mary
couple "conflict" very artificial, no new plot elements
Bj
very good try to find more. School time book only
Hirosasazaki Sasazaki
loads of imaginations.good book.
Michãel
Vampires, witches and smut. Whoa!
  • Hot Blooded (Dark, #14; Midnight Upyr, #2.5; Mageverse, #.5)
  • Atlantis Awakening (Warriors of Poseidon, #2)
  • Courting Midnight (Midnight, #3)
  • Eternal Prey (Gods of the Night, #3)
  • The Black Dragon (Dragon #2)
  • The Darkening (Immortals, #2)
  • Wolf Hills (Brotherhood of Blood #6)
  • Evermore (Darkyn, #5)
  • Dark Defender (Paladins of Darkness, #2)
  • The Calling (Immortals, #1)
  • Sinful Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #4)
  • Kick Ass (Warlord, #2)
  • Bond of Blood (Texas Vampires #1)
  • Wicked Magic (Magic, #3)
  • Midnight Moon (Nightcreature, #5)
Angela Knight is an American author of mostly erotic fantasy. She was a reporter for ten years and a comic book author. She lives in South Carolina. First published under Red Sage, she was able to write romantic fiction for the first time in 1996. She published several short stories in their Secrets anthologies. Editor Cindy Hwang brought her to Berkley Publishing and has helped her become a best ...more
More about Angela Knight...

Mageverse (9 books)
  • Master of the Night (Mageverse, #1)
  • Master of the Moon (Mageverse, #2)
  • Master of Wolves (Mageverse, #3)
  • Master of Dragons (Mageverse, #5)
  • Master of Fire (Mageverse, #6)
  • Master of Smoke (Mageverse, #7)
  • Master of Shadows (Mageverse, #8)
  • Master of Darkness (Mageverse, #9)
Shifter (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #2.5; Breeds, #15; Children of the Sea Prequel) Burning Up (Children of the Sea, #3.5; Psy-Changeling, #0.6; Iron Seas, #0.5) Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #13) Master of the Night (Mageverse, #1) Master of Wolves (Mageverse, #3)