Start by marking “Tangled Minds: Understanding Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias” as Want to Read:
Tangled Minds: Understanding Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias

Tangled Minds: Understanding Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias

Alzheimer's has struck more than 4 million of the nation's elderly and is the most common form of mental degeneration. In Tangled Minds, Dr. Muriel R. Gillick convincingly demonstrates that confusion and loss of memory resulting from Alzheimer's, or in any form, is a disease known as dementia, and not an inevitable part of aging.Tangled Minds provides a comprehensive overv ...more
Published April 1st 1999 by Plume (first published April 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Tangled Minds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tangled Minds

Oct 24, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it
A good overview of the progression of Alzheimer's. I borrowed the copy from a friend, and I would like to see an updated version with the science and research of the the last decade included.
Oct 06, 2011 Kathy rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
My husband bought this 10 years ago when his father died and his mother was diagnosed with severe dementia and we were told she could not live alone. I decided to read it this year as my mother's memory and health declined. I enjoyed the case studies, but some parts were just too technical and dry.
Some interesting facts:
1. "Only three thousand Americans were over one hundred years old in 1960' in 1995 the number reached fifty-four thousand, and the projection for 2050 is 2.7 million."
2. "Belief
May 30, 2009 Les rated it liked it
This was almost too technical to be helpful. It's so dry and textbook-ish that it's hard to read. I suppose someone with more knowledge or a greater interest in the subject would have found this more useful than I, who only read it for fun.
Wporter rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2014
Petra X
Petra X rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2008
Felicia Parker
Felicia Parker rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2011
Kerry rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2010
Lisette Blanco
Lisette Blanco rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2014
Cierra rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Larry rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2012
Becky rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
Teresa rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2011
jeremy rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2011
Jackie Fernandes
Jackie Fernandes rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2015
P't Birdie
P't Birdie rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2009