Start by marking “Radical Orthodoxy?: A Catholic Enquiry (Heythrop Studies in Contemporary Philosophy, Religion, and Theology) (Heythrop Studies in Contemporary Philosophy, ... Philosophy, Religion, and Theology)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Radical Orthodoxy?: A ...

Laurence Paul Hemming

Heythrop College is part of the University of London. These essays reflect the debates that have taken place there on the nature of radical orthodoxy and the search for a deeper understanding of truth.
Published November 1st 2000 by Ashgate Publishing (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Radical Orthodoxy?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Radical Orthodoxy?

Eric Austin Lee
Mar 18, 2016 Eric Austin Lee rated it really liked it
This is a helpful contribution to the discussion about Radical Orthodoxy. As a Catholic, I am in agreement with much (but not all) of the critiques presented here by the Catholic authors. James Hanvey's remarks about RO's misunderstanding of Barth are surely correct (see also the work by Kenneth Oakes). I do think that Conor Cunningham's book _Genealogy of Nihilism_ goes a long way to address some of Hanvey's concerns regarding analogy, however--not to mention Betz and Hart's work (two friends ...more
Andrew
Jul 02, 2013 Andrew rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As of late I've been getting into Radical Orthodoxy, so I was looking forward to a good critique of it. Unfortunately, this book did not give me what I was looking for. I thought most the criticisms were rather speculative, and only took on implications of R.O. on a theological, epistemic and ecumenical level. It sort of kept itself to the margins of R.O. and rarely ventured to critique it directly.
Crystal
Jul 02, 2013 Crystal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The book has essays on Radical Orthodoxy by different people, including John Milbank and Fergus Kerr. I don't like Radical Orthodoxy and maybe that's why I didn't especially like this book - the Catholic essayists seemed to all approve of it.
Matthew
Matthew rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2013
Charles
Charles marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2009
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Seth Bobbink
Seth Bobbink marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
David Mosley
David Mosley marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Nikolay Osypenko
Nikolay Osypenko marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016