Shadow Magic (Magic, #4)

Shadow Magic (Magic #4)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  842 ratings  ·  28 reviews
"Bestselling author Cheyenne McCray's "Shadow Magic "is dark and dangerous. And deeply sensual..."

THE SINS OF THE PAST

When Hannah Wentworth temporarily flees her life in San Francisco to join her sister D'Anu witches in Otherworld, she vows to help them conquer the evil bent on destroying the human realm. But the only one who can help "her" happens to be the king of the Da...more
Published April 29th 2008 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Magic

The Iron King by Julie KagawaWicked Lovely by Melissa MarrTithe by Holly BlackDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningWings by Aprilynne Pike
Books about Faery
352nd out of 769 books — 1,638 voters
Party Girl by Rachel HollisBet Me by Jennifer CrusieFirst Grave on the Right by Darynda JonesVision in White by Nora RobertsVenom by Jennifer Estep
Awesome Shoes
83rd out of 113 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie (jjmachshev)
This,the fourth book in Cheyenne McCray's mainstream "Magic" series certainly does NOT disappoint!

"Shadow Magic" gives us the story of Hannah, a D'Anu grey witch with a background that makes it hard for her to trust; and Garran, King of the Drow Dark Elves.

When they meet, the sexual attraction is hot...and immediate. But it's only as they join forces to fight the Fomorii demons and learn to trust each other that this attraction becomes love. At a critical point in their battle to save humans and...more
Mary
Yuck! Read the previous ones in the series, but I stop with this one. Got to page 68, then decided I have better things to do with my life. No really good character development by that point, but lots of gratuitous nipple-hardening described.
Well, I actually picked this up, thinking I hadn't read it, and did finish it this time. The author is really all over the place with this, the bad guys look demonic or curl their lip in human form so everyone knows they are evil, there's way too much warm a...more
Kathy
Another Tremendously Stupendous Installment!,

I strongly suggest the previous books in this series (Forbidden Magic, Seduced by Magic and Wicked Magic) be read before tackling this book. I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down. I've been waiting for the day that Garren met his match! Hannah, a D'Anu witch and Garren, the Drow King make a dynamic duo. Garren is brave and honorable; however, he and his people are often misunderstood. Hannah, is strong-willed, intelligent and a warrior...more
E.
Hannah Wentworth is a D'Anu witch who travels to the realm of the Dark Elves as she accompanies King Garran's daughter Rhiannon as she requests the assistance of the Drow to fight against Ceithlenn and Balor. Little does she know that she is going to end up attracted to Garran despite the archaic and oppressive rules applied toward females in his society. Darkwolf continues to deal with the pain of hiding Balor's eye while trying to evade both Balor and Ceithlenn. The storyline would be more com...more
Angela France
Learned? Much.. romance is alive and kicking.. a renewed sense of success.. Felt like a silly teen again while reading it.. Yet.. had a Dark ominous over tones that was super fantastic to read. It's was grown up and sexy and earns five stars in my mind. Clearly a book worth reading and an Author who knows her stuff.. At times clearly innocent.. and other times clearly erotic, which was truly delish! Yet or maybe because of the erotic nature of the book.. it's truly made it's way into my heart an...more
Amy Freese
Once again I am left breathless and stunned! Cheyenne McCray's Magic Series has been such an amazing ride, and this book keeps it going. Shadow Magic is the witch, Hannah's story. This book also gives the reader a better look into the world of the Drow. I admire Cheyenne's creativity. The witches,the Fae and the human PSF are becoming a stronger team. Darkwolf and Elizabeth are back, only not as prominently. Everything I loved about the previous books is still here, the action, the suspense, the...more
Kerry  sullivan
I have been looking forward to this book as I love Garren. I was not a fan of Hannah though but together they work really well. This book also see the final battle with the bitch goddess and the next baddie is set up, well Darkwolf is a constant baddie but get a boost this time. The story was fast paced and sizzled. I didn't think Garren would be quite so vanilla in the bedroom though, so a little disappointed with that. That's where the book dropped a point for me, but I am looking forward to t...more
July
This may be my favorite book in this series so far. Hannah is so stand offish comared to the other witches in the other books in this series. But this book really brought it for her.
And I always thought of the Drow as being small well I was wrong.... Garran the Drow King is 6'6", that's quite large in my book. And he is described as a yummy man.
I don't want to spoil this book for anyone but let me just say that the sex scenes are spectaclar...
The fight scenes are good. And several familar faces...more
Gypsie Holley
I really enjoyed the story line between Hannah and King Garran. The sex scenes were fantastic as usual. Cheyenne McCray is a master at sizzling erotica! I also found that I have grown to like Darkwolf and his growing affection for Elizabeth/Junga. I am hoping to read more about that relationship. I look forward to Cassia and Jake and what secrets they have.

Unfortunately I found that I had no quotes that struck me as I read so I have nothing to share.
Lisarenee
Liked the book but man it was a little more crude when it came to the relationship interaction than I care for. Made me appreciate all the finesse my favorite authors use when they try to write a romantic scene. About witches, demons, fairies, etc. The city of San Francisco is on lock down after a demons and a previously deceased witch and warlock are released from the underworld reeking havoc on the city.
Tonya Hooten
I really enjoyed this book in the series. I didn't think that I would like Garran and Hannah together, but boy have I changed my mind. They make an awesome couple. I really think that this was the best book out of the series. If you like books about witches and hot sex, then you should pick up the Magic series by Cheyenne McCray. I really have enjoyed every book in the series.
Ansu
I loved this book. I could not wait for Garran's story and I was not disappointed but then again you cannot go wrong with a Cheyenne M book. She does not disappoint with the action and the romance and her heroines are not silly womend you want to shake!!!.

If you enjoy your paranormal romance with spice and action and want something that is light and easy to read then pick this book.
Tammy
I had read this book once before but couldn't really remember it until after I had made it through the book a second time.

Like the first time, I was completely enthralled by the book from beginning to end. The interaction between Hannah and Garran was quite interesting. I look forward to reading the next one.
Nehalemn
I unknowingly jumped into the middle of this series so it was difficult to acclimate to the previously created world and characters. It was an okay read, but I wasn't drawn in enough to want to read the rest of the series.
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
This one was a bit better. Still not too memorable for me. I've read other Ms. McCray books and really enjoyed them. This one was enjoyable, nothing surprising.
Carolyn
The fourth book in Cheyenne McCrays Magic Series is a hit. I read it straight through, could not put it down. Cant for the next one.
Kim
Dec 04, 2009 Kim added it
Just finished this one and about to start the last in this series. Really good paranormal action adventure and naughtiness !
Lynzylee
NOt my favorite of the series, I am about 1/2 through, so we will see if that changes
Jamie
Jan 27, 2012 Jamie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: magic
this is my favorite so far. I like the storyline, and the descriptions are good.
Dawn Roberto
Jan 15, 2008 Dawn Roberto marked it as to-read
Dying to see the further adventures of the witches.
Morgan Sibbett
Nov 18, 2008 Kelly marked it as to-read
magic 4th bk
Mary
sexy and magical
  • Witch Fury (Elemental Witches, #4)
  • No Rest for the Witches (Nightcreature, #7.5) (Magic, #3.5) (The Others, #3.5)
  • Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7)
  • Grave Sins (Cin Craven, #2)
  • Bedeviled (Queen of the Otherworld, #1)
  • Master of Dragons (Mageverse, #5)
  • Velvet Haven (Annwyn Chronicles, #1)
  • Possess Me at Midnight (Doomsday Brethren, #3)
  • Hunting the Hunter (The Hunters, #8)
  • Savage Legacy (Legacies, #3)
  • Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5)
  • Chaos Burning (Bound by Magick, #2)
  • Taken by Passion (Taken by Passion/Wonderland #1)
  • A Darker Crimson (Crimson City, #4)
"New York Times" and "USA Today" bestselling author Cheyenne McCray is the author of several series, including the new "Lawmen" series which debuted with the book "Hidden Prey."

Join Chey on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CheyenneMcCr...
Chey's new Lawmen Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CheyenneMcCr...

Chey has three sons, two dogs, and is an Arizona native who loves the desert and all of...more
More about Cheyenne McCray...
Forbidden Magic (Magic, #1) Demons Not Included (Night Tracker, #1) Seduced by Magic (Magic, #2) Wicked Magic (Magic, #3) No Werewolves Allowed (Night Tracker, #2)