Start by marking “The Taste of Air : LAM: A Love Story” as Want to Read:
The Taste of Air : LAM: A Love Story

The Taste of Air : LAM: A Love Story

In 1999, Karyn Schad became the two hundreth woman in the world to be diagnosed with Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), a rare disease that mainly affects women of childbearing age. Muscle-like cells grew out of control in her lungs, stealing her breath away. She lived with the disease until finally receiving the gift of life, her new lungs on May 17, 2009, delivering her ...more
Published November 30th 2012 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about The Taste of Air , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Taste of Air

Stormy
Apr 15, 2015 Stormy rated it really liked it
It is a love story - a couple's love for one another - and an appreciation for being able to breathe. Learned of LAM - a rare disorder that affects mostly women. Tells the story of this couple's journey through the prep process at Duke Medical Center in Durham NC for a double lung transplant.

The couple are 'friends of a couple' we've met here in Durham also waiting for a lung transplant.

Tells a lot about the lung transplant program here at Duke. We have a family member in the prep phase and we'
Danielle Benich
Jan 17, 2016 Danielle Benich rated it it was amazing
Okay, this took me forever to read because I kept literally bawling the entire time. Not saying everyone who reads this will cry, but if you have LAM like I do, it was just a little too close for comfort. It does, however, remind me to be thankful for where I am now and pray that a lung transplant isn't something I have to endure anytime soon.
Eric Hansen
Eric Hansen rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2014
Bruce McDonald
Bruce McDonald rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Evelyne
Evelyne rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
C Shotts II
C Shotts II rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2014
Nicole Seefeldt
Nicole Seefeldt marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Eloise Machado
Eloise Machado marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016