Start by marking “The Dream Spheres (Forgotten Realms: Songs & Swords, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Dream Spheres (Forgotten Realms: Songs & Swords, #5)

The Dream Spheres (Forgotten Realms: Songs & Swords #5)

Welcome to Waterdeep
Here, everything imaginable is for sale. Even dreams can be purchased if one is willing to pay the price.
When the sale of dream spheres threatens the life of his newfound half sister, Danilo Thann joins forces with Arilyn Moonblade to uncover the source of this deadly trade. Their search leads them into the dark heart of Waterdeep, and to personal sec
Published December 3rd 2005 by TSR (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Dream Spheres, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dream Spheres

Homeland by R.A. SalvatoreThe Dark Elf Trilogy Collector's Edition by R.A. SalvatoreThe Icewind Dale Trilogy Collector's Edition by R.A. SalvatoreThe Halfling's Gem by R.A. SalvatoreDissolution by Richard Lee Byers
Best Forgotten Realms Novels
40th out of 133 books — 129 voters
The Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienThe Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. TolkienThe Two Towers by J.R.R. TolkienThe Return of the King by J.R.R. TolkienWicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
The Best Books about Elves or Faeries
457th out of 725 books — 913 voters

More lists with this book...

Sohvi
When you and your friends start a nostalgic book club and you think it is a good idea to read the whole Swords and songs series. White wine wasn't enough. I recommend whiskey or vodka. Possibly both.
Adam Duclos
Feb 11, 2016 Adam Duclos rated it liked it
Well, I finally finished the Songs and Swords series, chronicling the adventures of the Harper Bard/Mage Danilo Thann and the half elven secret princess moon blade wielding assassin/fighter Arylin. It took me a while to find the fourth book Thornhold, although that turned out to only be tangentially related because Danilo is in it as a side character, so it's been years since I started the series.

Maybe that was why the book didn't tickle my fancy... I was no longer caught up in the character's s
Jesse
May 14, 2011 Jesse rated it liked it
Shelves: forgotten-realms
I liked it, but not as much as other books I've read by Cunningham.

The three characters that have been stars of 5(I think) of her books, have come back together one more time; the jaded half-elf, Arilyn, the psudo fop/mage, Danilo, and the evilish crime lord of Waterdeep, Elaith. In this story, they spend their time almost entirely within the city of Waterdeep. This was cool, and I like the way that Cunningham continues to flesh out the "Manhattan" of Forgotten Realms.

The reason I only gave th
Hacedores Desierto
Muy bien, llegamos al quinto libro de esta saga. Aunque personalmente para mí es el cuarto, siendo el Bastión del Espino algo más parecido a un spin off que una parte de la saga propiamente dicha.

Una de las cosas que más me ha llamado la atención de este libro es lo bien colocado que está en el tiempo. Como está colocado bastante después de las aventuras sucedidas en el segundo y tercer libro, nos mantiene en la intriga de qué es lo que ha sucedido de lo que no nos hemos enterado.
Sigue leyendo
Grzegorz Oleksa
Feb 25, 2016 Grzegorz Oleksa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: forgotten-realms
A big improvement over the previous book, I really enjoyed it. Smaller scale allowed for better descriptions and more character development. Thanks to this, the novel doesn't feel rushed. The book features well-known characters that the author had been able to polish along the years, the plot itself is less predictable and more involving and I simply enjoyed spending so much time in Waterdeep. What I have never encountered to such an extent in a Forgotten Realms' novel were all the racism ...more
Doris
Aug 30, 2013 Doris rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
It took over halfway through the book for it to get interesting. I almost tossed it in my discard pile, but kept reading mainly to fill time while traveling and during lunch breaks on those days when I had no errands and no lunch companion. Once it picked up, it was hard to put down.

Recommendation – if you read this, speed read through the first 100 pages or so, just enough to get a feel for the characters. Once the action starts though it engages your interest!

Ronald Moore
Oct 13, 2015 Ronald Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good story of the continued problems of Dan and Aralyn weaved into the lives of those in Waterdeep and is Dan,s faith-based of elffriend be kept by the elf that tried to kill him several times.

Very good story of the continued problems of Dan and Arilyn. Weaving the lives of those of Waterdeep,s noble family,s and the troublesome dream spheres. And can Dan,s faith-based of a rouge elf that named him elffriend be trusted.
Veronica
Feb 25, 2016 Veronica rated it it was ok
Neither the mystery plot nor Danilo and Arilyn's relationship drama was really working for me in this book, unfortunately. Also the background characters weren't sketched out as well as they have been in previous books, so... that doesn't leave a whole lot to enjoy. I took a break in the middle of this book to read the most awful racist erotica book I have ever seen and I still didn't feel terribly compelled to put away the terrible erotica and pick this back up.
Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides
I think that this book was somewhat hampered by its setting (tabletop gaming campaign). And possibly editorial guidelines. I don't know this for certain, but I got the feeling that violence is allowed, and bawdiness is allowed, but that romance is to be limited.

Something that just dawned on me: Danilo and Arilyn are Mulder and Scully. With swords.
Keith Craig
Jun 13, 2010 Keith Craig rated it liked it
An average fantasy novel. I can't say I would recommend it but I won't discourage you either. Good mindless entertainment.
Cindi Smith
Aug 26, 2014 Cindi Smith rated it really liked it
I liked it, but it took to long before it got good. The ending was surprising and Elaith got more than I thought he would. It's a must read:)
Ivan
Ivan rated it it was ok
May 03, 2011
Chris Luk
Chris Luk rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Sabriel
Sabriel rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2008
Dara
Dara rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2009
Anna Pipatti
Anna Pipatti rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2013
Tiara
Tiara rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2013
Mónica Ruiz
Mónica Ruiz rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2013
Kuro_no
Kuro_no rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2015
Jesse
Jesse rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Brannigan
Brannigan rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2010
Liriel27
Liriel27 rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2009
Chad Johnson
Chad Johnson rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2013
JEFF AITES
JEFF AITES rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2009
Jack Dalphin
Jack Dalphin rated it it was ok
Aug 11, 2007
Joe
Joe rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2014
Lp
Lp rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2012
William
William rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2009
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2008
the dread pirate roberts
the dread pirate roberts rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2014
  • Cloak of Shadows (Forgotten Realms: Shadow of the Avatar, #2)
  • Dangerous Games (Forgotten Realms: Netheril, #2)
  • The Veiled Dragon (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #12)
  • Rising Tide (The Threat from the Sea #1)
  • Masquerades (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #10)
  • Curse of the Shadowmage (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #11)
  • The Council of Blades (Forgotten Realms: The Nobles, #5)
  • War in Tethyr (Forgotten Realms: The Nobles, #2)
  • The Crimson Gold (Forgotten Realms: The Rogues, #3)
  • The Simbul's Gift (Forgotten Realms: The Nobles, #6)
  • Maiden of Pain (Forgotten Realms: The Priests, #3)
  • Soldiers of Ice (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #7)

Elaine Cunningham is an American fantasy author, best known for her contributions to shared-world settings such as the Forgotten Realms, Star Wars, EverQuest, and Pathfinder Tales.
More about Elaine Cunningham...

Forgotten Realms: Songs & Swords (6 books)
  • Elfshadow (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #2; Songs & Swords, #1)
  • Elfsong (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #8; Songs & Swords, #2)
  • Silver Shadows (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #13; Songs & Swords, #3)
  • Thornhold (The Harpers, #16; Songs & Swords, #4)
  • Reclamation (Forgotten Realms: Songs & Swords, #6)