Start by marking “Windwalker (Starlight & Shadows #3)” as Want to Read:
Windwalker (Starlight & Shadows #3)

Windwalker (Starlight & Shadows #3)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  1,649 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Liriel has achieved her goal: her drow powers are hers to command wherever she might go. Her companion, Fyodor of Rashemen, has mastered his out-of-control berserker rages. The future seems bright for the companions as they set out to return the Windwalker amulet to the Witches of Rashemen, for Fyodor has reason to believe that Liriel will be welcomed in his homeland.

But L
Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages
Published April 1st 2004 by Wizards of the Coast (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Windwalker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Windwalker

Homeland by R.A. SalvatoreThe Dark Elf Trilogy Collector's Edition by R.A. SalvatoreThe Icewind Dale Trilogy Collector's Edition by R.A. SalvatoreThe Halfling's Gem by R.A. SalvatoreDissolution by Richard Lee Byers
Best Forgotten Realms Novels
53rd out of 118 books — 99 voters
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienPeter and the Elven Songs by T.J. DixonPeter and the Kuroneko by T.J. DixonEragon by Christopher PaoliniThe Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien
Books With Elves -- NOT Faeries
86th out of 100 books — 75 voters

More lists with this book...

Espresso
More masterwork story writing from this author. I am still praying for another book to the series.
Travis
Ugur
Windwalker is the third and last book of Starlight & Shadows series, which was written by Elaine Cunningham in 2003.

It’s easy to read whole series, but I could not like it. I like Fyodor of Rashemen and Liriel Baenre characters, but there is no depth for them. It is just like reading a story and what is happening in this story. There are not enough dialogs.

The plot is not well defined in the story, our characters are working to achieve something but could not feel their motivations. Also cou
Tony
2.5 stars, The dark elf Liriel struggles to get out from under the hold of the evil spider-goddess Lolth, while traveling with Fyodor to Rashemen, a land of witches and berserkers.

This book may have been better appreciated if I had more extensive knowledge of the Forgotten Realms universe and Cunningham's other work. Many of the characters including the Seven Sisters had poor development. The Seven Sisters are supposed to be supremely powerful, but I did not get that impression throughout the no
Epistretes
This book comes only second in my most-disappointed list. The end to this trilogy was sloppy, badly written and made little sense. Characters behaved very out-of-character for no apparent reason and I got the distinct feeling a deadline had either passed or was looming for this to be the end to this otherwise good series.
David
Richard Poffenberger
Jesse
I finally got around to finishing this series. I took a 4 year break inbetween the 2nd and 3rd book, so the plot seemed a bit jarbled and characters seemed to be just tossed in for flavor. Often enough, the books in Forgotten Realms need to have a bunch of loose ends tied up at the end of a series, and this was seemed to be no different.

The heros, Liriel and Fyodor, make their way back to Rashemen. This takes half the book, as they get into lots of misadventures and must fight through their old
Darren Jacobs
Oh boy!
Elaine can write such poetic and beautiful stories, with believable characters to boot...
Sadly this was not one of them
It was rushed, badly edited, forced, and in the end, frustrating.
I remember reading one page - about half way through - and I wondered why the rest of it lacked the solidity of that one moment.
Personally, i would say it is not worth the time reading the series.
It's a shame, because she can be great as a writer.
Zachary White
This was, unfortunately, the worst in Cunningham's trilogy. Although the beginning was good and held promise, the ending felt rushed and without purpose.
Hitbybus
Much like the last 2 books, this book was good but not great. I was disappointed by the ending on a couple of different levels. I don't want to say too much because I'll spoil it, but I really felt the ending was a let down. I'm also not sure I really cared about the antagonist for this book and didn't really understand some of the inter-character relationships. Yeah, I pretty much didn't like this book as much as the last 2.
Twig
Ein passender Abschluss für die Reihe, mit einigen Wendungen die durch aus vorhersehbar waren.
Alles in allem hat die Reihe mit gut gefallen. Anfangs hätte ich noch eine etwas andere Story erwatet aber ich muss sagen das sie mich so auch überzeugen konnte.
Für alle Fans von Abenteuerromanen, mit nicht zu viel Tiefgang, ist es auf alle fälle eine Empfehlung.
Tiana
I'm very sad to reach the end of this wonderful series, for more reasons than just because it had ended. I will not state what happened, just that I found it very heartbreaking. I can't say that I didn't see it coming, because I did... but Cunningham still pulled it off fantastically magical. I will not forget this series.
Brandy
I really enjoyed this last book in the series, although, I will admit, I was a little disappointed with the ending, although the ending certainly worked well and made sense, and even set up the opening for another series (that very well may exsist, I haven't looked into it yet). All in all, a good book and series.
Kyleigh
This book was pretty basic. It was simply an adventure story. There wasn’t growth or difficult decisions for the characters to make really; it was just a story of something that happened. It was relatively exciting, but it just didn’t have that spark that makes a really great book.
Zack
A critical turning point in the history of the forgotten realms, disguised as a quest of rediscovery. The impact of Liriel's journey will have effects spanning the entire land (hopefully in the form of plenty of books).
Ruth Phillips
i don't want to give any spoilers.. all i can say is i did not like the ending. too many questions. too much unanswered. and.. i just did not like the way it ended. it felt rushed.
Kofi
one of the few fantasy novels that doesn't go for the happy ever after ending. a refreshing break from the conventional norm. a hero and heroine with faults and a believable outcome.
Fox
This title is inaccurate. Windwalker is the third book of the series. The trilogy is one that I have read and reread and still enjoy.
Marita
Harder to get to than the rest. I did not feel like this one was as thought provoking or deep as the others. Sad ending...:(
Rosalie
Stephanie
tears were shed. why o why!
Andrew Anderson
great ending to the trilogy
Maritza
Mar 30, 2015
Dan
Dan added it
Mar 29, 2015
  • Ascendancy of the Last (Lady Penitent #3)
  • Silverfall: Stories of the Seven Sisters (Forgotten Realms)
  • Sands of the Soul (Forgotten Realms: Sembia, #6)
  • Farthest Reach (Forgotten Realms: The Last Mythal, #2)
  • Beyond The High Road (Forgotten Realms: Cormyr Saga, #2)
  • The Gossamer Plain (Forgotten Realms: The Empyrean Odyssey, #1)
  • Rising Tide (The Threat from the Sea #1)
  • Midnight's Mask (Forgotten Realms: Erevis Cale, #3)
  • Prince of Lies (Forgotten Realms: Avatar, #4)

Elaine Cunningham is an American fantasy and science fiction author, especially known for her almost poetic literary style and her contributions to the Dungeons & Dragons role playing game campaign setting of Forgotten Realms, including the realms of Evermeet, Halruaa,
More about Elaine Cunningham...

Starlight & Shadows (3 books)
  • Daughter of the Drow (Starlight & Shadows #1)
  • Tangled Webs (Starlight & Shadows #2)
Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10) Daughter of the Drow (Starlight & Shadows #1) Elfshadow (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #2; Songs & Swords, #1) Tangled Webs (Starlight & Shadows #2) Elfsong (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #8; Songs & Swords, #2)

“More things in this world have been accomplished in this world by persistence than by wisdom.” 3 likes
“If you use a wolf to hunt a wolf, keep two arrows near to hand.” 3 likes