Start by marking “Sensitive Chaos(pb)” as Want to Read:
Sensitive Chaos(pb)

Sensitive Chaos(pb)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Why does water, in streams and rivers, always take a winding course? Do common principles and rhythms underlie the movement of water, whether it be in the sea or in a plant -- or in the blood of a human being?The laws revealed in the subtle patterns of water in movement are shown in this thought-provoking work to be the same as those perceptible in the shaping of bones, mu ...more
Published September 1st 1996 by Rudolf Steiner Press (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Sensitive Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sensitive Chaos

Julene
Jun 29, 2008 Julene rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone interesting in body movement
Recommended to Julene by: Emilie Conrad
Shelves: movement
Beautiful book with pictures of water dynamics. It is a recommended book on continuum movement's list and it shows what and how our bodies can move since we are comprised of water. We and water have lots in common and we forget the many naural movements, this book is a reminder and a lovely lesson.
Victoria Haf
No sé que decir de este libro además de que es el que estaba esperando que existiera sin saberlo, es corto, sencillo y con muchas ilustraciones, el prólogo de Jacques Cousteau es un preámbulo perfecto.
"El agua es vida” es una frase que no tiene todo el sentido que debería, el agua está predispuesta a fluir y vivir, es un “órgano sensible” porque todo genera un eco en el agua, hay muchas cosas de este libro que me sorprendieron y muchas respuestas que me resolvió, siento que este es de los libros
kyle
My favorite part of this book is extensive pictures. The text was more challenging than I anticipated, but I found if I just focused on a few pages at a time I got a lot out of it. The book is an odd mixture of science and metaphor, often vacillating between the two without warning. All in all, another text I'm sure I will periodically return to.
Forrest
This was a very provocative book -- about how water (and air) moves when flowing. And then showing how this is related all sorts of other things that we usually assume are not moving, like human bones. Have you ever wondered why water makes that braid as it pours, or why so many cultures revere the spiral?
Gregory Witt
the pictures are ok, i guess, but the overall effect makes me embarrased for the author. i was hoping for some sort of lucid philosophical writing, instead i found a pile of the most repulsive new-agey, hippie-dippey crap. absolutely no rigor whatsoever.
Grace
Feb 27, 2008 Grace marked it as to-read
I love the pictures! Someday I will sit and read about WHY water and smoke make the most beautiful spiral patterns...
Zane
Zane marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Marcello Burani
Marcello Burani marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Jstn P
Jstn P marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Nate
Nate marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Clivemichael
Clivemichael marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Pavel
Pavel marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Emily Oakley
Emily Oakley marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Belen
Belen marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Jo Sullivan
Jo Sullivan marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Keith Robbins
Keith Robbins marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Mzia Gabunia
Mzia Gabunia marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Popcultureimposter
Popcultureimposter marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Rosa Gasull
Rosa Gasull marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Christian Schreib
Christian Schreib marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Water: The Element of Life Sensitive Chaos: The Creation of Flowing Forms in Water and Air El Caos Sensible Das Sensible Chaosströmendes Formenschaffen In Wasser Und Luft Water