Start by marking “バトル・ロワイアル(2)” as Want to Read:
バトル・ロワイアル(2)

バトル・ロワイアル(2) (Battle Royale #2)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  1,608 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Bienvenido a la República Coparticipativa del Gran Este Asiático, un estado militar gobernado por una dictadura que rige con mano de hierro las vidas de todos los habitantes, uno en particular Shuuya Nanahara, amante de la música prohibida (Rock 'N' Roll) es enviado a una isla desierta junto con el resto de sus compañeros de clase, ahí "concursan" en "el programa", un jueg ...more
Paperback
Published by Akita Shoten (first published November 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about バトル・ロワイアル(2), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about バトル・ロワイアル(2)

Emily May
Dec 09, 2010 Emily May rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Delivers a punch just as great as the first and even more shocking. The story begins to develop further in volume 2 and we are given a closer look at our lead characters. The true triumph of the Battle Royale series is that nearly every person is explored intimately until no death (even those of sociopaths) can be taken lightly, it is unique in its startling ability to attach the reader to every character. The girl who one day is killing people mercilessly, is then shown to be nothing but a scar ...more
Argona
I gave this volume 4 stars since I didn't like some of the little differences between the novel and the manga. Certain scenes and events had more depth and impact when I was reading them in the novel. For example, Yumiko and Yukiko's friendship as an example of true friendship between girls, is better depicted in the novel, from their history and their affection for each other to how far they are willing to go to ensure the other's happiness.
René Herrera
Mitsuku Souma es una mezcla entre la maldad de Snow y la locura de Johanna. Raro pero funciona.
description
Joni
Jan 18, 2017 Joni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este segundo tomo la historia en la isla avanza poco, se tejen alianzas y traiciones, hay nuevas formas de morir y matar y los flashbacks son más largos. También se agrega más info del contexto nacional. Y ya son más de una docena los muertos.
Colin
I've figured it out now. Whenever something good or touching happens, I know someone's going to be violently killed in the next page or two. It helps to have an early warning system.
Dexter
I'll start by saying this really isn't my type of manga. I'm not big on needless gore, so it was never like this would become my favorite series.

But I don't like it. I almost set it down during the first chapter because I just did -not- care. But when that plot finally ended, I decided to go ahead and finish it. The only reason I'm going to try to continue the series is because I'm slightly curious as to how the whole thing ends.

But there's only two (living) chars I even like, and it's not like
Hammaad Ansari
Feb 21, 2017 Hammaad Ansari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
bloody brutal
Sergio Bonilla Garcia
La historia continúa en el segundo tomo de la serie, abordando la primera noche para los estudiantes del instituto de Shiroiwa hasta las primeras horas de la mañana siguiente. Una de las cosas que más me gustan de esta historia es que no se centra única y exclusivamente en los protagonistas, y nos permite conocer mucho de las historias y pensamientos de todos los personajes, incluso de secundarios que tienen su "momento de gloria" antes de morir.

En este segundo tomo se introducen algunos de los
Anusha Narasimhan
I'm not a fan of blood and gore. Action - I like. Violence - not my cup of tea. So, it's a given that I don't appreciate most part of this manga. What I hated about this was the way women/girls are portrayed. There is unnecessary vulgarity, the art is tasteless, the 'Teacher' is a pervert, a girl is dragged in for some guy's amusement. I can't take it anymore. I'm not inclined to read the next volumes.

On the plus side, I did like the back stories, though they dragged on a little. (view spoiler)
Robb
Jan 03, 2014 Robb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Battle Royale and gore
Actual rating is 4.5/5 stars.
***SPOILERS BELOW***
Now that the story has been set into motion, we finally get to see each individual's place on Battle Royale. We see Kiriyama, the crazy guy whose been killing everyone with his machine gun, those deaths were horrible. I... it was really hard for me. I just sympathized with them a lot. Yuki and Yumi... okay that scene on the top of the mountain, that was extremely graphic and emotional as well. Because along with the actual events, we have backstor
Aurora Dimitre
Sep 30, 2014 Aurora Dimitre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: october-2014
I always really love all of the characterizations of these guys in the manga - they're close to the novel, that's true, but they always seem a lot more... extreme in the manga, somehow? Their characters are easier to figure out, maybe because you have a facial expression drawn out for you, but either way, Shuuya seems more Shuuya, Shinji seems more Shinji, and so on and so forth.

Either way, the manga is becoming my favorite version of the story, even though I love the novel (and the movie, for
Lee
Mar 13, 2012 Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Battle Royale again dishes out some of the most compelling drama I have seen. It's sad because a lot of the people want to do the right thing and yet the circumstances favor those who want to win the game. Those who want to kill.

The flashbacks each of the characters has adds to the tragedy that befalls all of them. Yes, there is death, there is spectacle in this manga, but the true message lies in the battle of the characters to deal with the twisted reality into which they have been thrown.

You
Nancy
Oct 21, 2007 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now that the story has been set into motion, vol 2 of Battle Royale takes the time to tell many of the character's individual stories. Most of the characters you meet are simply scared, confused kids. Some, like main characters Shuuya and Noriko, give the reader hope that this whole thing isn't as hopeless at it feels, while other character reveal that they have dark, psychotic sides. Occasionally, between chapters, the author gives us short blurbs on what the world of Battle Royale really is li ...more
Sara
This volume had what I am guessing will be my favourite chapter in probably the whole series, as there were not gory deaths and it was very sweet. I mean the suicide chapter where the couple jumps off the cliff, as deaths go they seemed reasonably content and were holding hands (awwww!).

It also has my least favourite chapter so far, where the main guy (I still haven't gotten the hang of all the names, I think he's nicknamed Shuu) has a nightmare, why did the guy who's hand fell off become massiv
Indah Threez Lestari
Baca ulang.

Kazuo Kiriyama, si jenius tanpa ekspresi, juga bisa dengan ringan membunuh, termasuk mereka yang selama ini mengaku sebagai anak buahnya. Ia bermain untuk menang, dan... punya senapan otomatis.

Pasangan kekasih Sakura Ogawai dan Kazuhiko Yamamoto memilih bunuh diri bersama dengan terjun dari tebing pantai.

Sementara itu, saat membela diri tanpa sengaja Shuuya membunuh teman yang menyerangnya dengan parang. Di saat bahaya masih mengancam, Shogo Kawada menolongnya. Shuuya, Noriko dan Shog
Miss Ryoko
May 25, 2015 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, adult
I really like how the back stories of the students are being intermingled in with what is happening to them in The Program. It really makes their reactions more understandable and relatable. I think this was a real genius move by Takami-san and Taguchi-san. It also doesn't take away from the story or really even put the action on hold, because it's almost like you're getting that "life flashing before you eyes" sort of thing they say happens when you die - almost like the characters are reliving ...more
Devina
Ternyata dibuku ini ketemu psikopat baru, temen sendiri pun dibunuh..kejamnya.. Bener2 tanpa ekspresi mukanya.. Makin suka dengan gaya penceritaan di manga ini dengan adanya flashback2 dari masa lalu masing-masing tokoh.. Jd semakin mengenal karakter masing2 tokoh.. Paling sedih waktu liat pasangan kekasih yang bunuh diri sama2.. Aiiihhh.. Sebel!!

Divolume ini akhirnya Shuuya dan Noriko punya partner baru.. Ada lagi cerita Yumi dan Yuki, dua sahabat dari kecil yang selalu bersama disaat seperti a
leynes
Apr 21, 2016 leynes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay this was brilliant!

Kazuo is a crazy MOTHERFUCKER and I Love him for it! Deciding to hang out with poor kids and then playing to win by tossing a coin - scar face much? I'm loving it!

The LOVEEERS Kaz and Saki commiting suicide! Gaaaaahhhh !

Yuki and Yumi and what Shu did for them in the past oh myyyyy he's the best!

Also that side Story at the end... Nori and Mimura becoming a Clique with Shu and Yoshiii AWEEE
Kerry
Jun 08, 2013 Kerry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so glad after however many years it's been that I've been able to find a resource to continue reading this! A great continuance from the first book, every page is action packed and draws you further and further into the story - the backgrounds of the characters and what may happen to them. Despite having read the book and having seen the film, the manga still left me in fresh anticipation for what lies just around the corner. Bloody epic!
Taruia
Aug 26, 2014 Taruia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This series is engrossing. I have read the novel and am constantly trying to remember how I imagined each scene. The backstory for 'major-minor' characters are good, as the backstory for 'major-major' characters continue to develop. I like the drawings and think they are as gory as they need to be - I'm not convinced they aren't necessary, and easily depict each scene. As characters are being shot at close range, butterflies or bunny rabbits wont emerge.
Feather Mista
Aug 23, 2013 Feather Mista rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Estoy bastante seguro de que había "readeado" todos los tomos del manga de Battle Royale, pero por algún motivo parece que cuando el infame Deleted Member empezó a borrar ediciones a rolete, hubo ediciones que directamente desaparecieron. Por ahora copipasteo esto a toda la serie para disminuir el riesgo de que vuelvan a hacer una forrada semejante.
Isis
Apr 21, 2016 Isis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just. Like. The. Book.
Awesome.
And you know what? That's all I ever ask from any kind of adaptation of a favorite book of mine: to do right by it and do it exactly like the book.
Granted the illustration is kind of ultra nineties for me but once you delve into it you hardly even notice it. That's how good it is.
Amazed it took me this long to find it.
Next stop: Volume 3!
Julieta Steyr
Sigo sin convencerme. Es como que todo este capítulo habla de lo maravilloso que es "súper" Shuuya Nanahara y explica que originalmente no había sido tan optimista. Hubiera sido mejor la idea original.
Plague
Apr 11, 2014 Plague rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-school
What I love about Battle Royale (The novel) is how the author creates a beautiful, touching moment and then destroys your hopes and dreams with a horrific scene with gory and lots of bloody imagery. I feel they have captured this perfectly in the manga too.
Jamie
Jun 27, 2012 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it. However, the action seemed to slow down a bit from the previous volume and lost a bit of momentum. Also - not Mitsuko. :(

Still has a lot more depth than the film, and some of the deaths are quite heart-breaking, it has an emotional element that the film didn't have at all.
Shawn Kass
Bad remake of Hunger Games, but at least its more bloody.
Tracy Klein
Jul 23, 2015 Tracy Klein rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sakura and Kazuhiko's deaths were remarkably depressing.
Adriana
Lloran demasiado para mi gusto.
Tina
Jan 12, 2011 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series it totally disturbing but I have to know how it ends.
  • Gantz /9
  • Berserk, Vol. 17
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 10 (Deadman Wonderland, #10)
  • エルフェンリート 9 [Elfen Lied 9]
Koushun Takami (高見 広春 Takami Kōshun, born 1969) is the author of the novel Battle Royale, originally published in Japanese, and later translated into English by Yuji Oniki and published by Viz Media and, later, in an expanded edition by Haika Soru, a division of Viz Media.

Takami was born in Amagasaki, Hyōgo Prefecture near Osaka and grew up in the Kagawa Prefecture of Shikoku. After graduating fro
More about Koushun Takami...

Battle Royale (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 01 (Battle Royale, #1)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 03 (Battle Royale, #3)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 04 (Battle Royale, #4)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 05 (Battle Royale, #5)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 06 (Battle Royale, #6)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 07 (Battle Royale, #7)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 08 (Battle Royale, #8)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 09 (Battle Royale, #9)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 10 (Battle Royale, #10)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 11 (Battle Royale, #11)