Start by marking “25 Ways to Win with People: How to Make Others Feel Like a Million Bucks” as Want to Read:
25 Ways to Win with People: How to Make Others Feel Like a Million Bucks

25 Ways to Win with People: How to Make Others Feel Like a Million Bucks

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  974 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
You've read John Maxwell's best-selling Winning with People, and now you're ready for some specific action steps to build on the knowledge you gained. 25 Ways to Win With People has just what you need! This complementary companion to the full-sized book is ideal for a quick refresher course on interpersonal relationships.

A small sampling of the twenty-five specific actions
Published June 5th 2005 by Thomas Nelson (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about 25 Ways to Win with People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 25 Ways to Win with People

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. CoveyHow to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieOh, The Places You'll Go! by Dr. SeussThe Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoGetting Things Done by David Allen
Motivational and Self-Improvement Books
131st out of 1,022 books — 1,292 voters
See You at the Top by Zig ZiglarThe Richest Man in Babylon by George S. ClasonThe Extremely Successful Salesman's Club by Chris     MurrayThe Go-Giver by Bob BurgThe Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
Top Christian Business Books
22nd out of 24 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Ryan Ladage
Feb 13, 2014 Ryan Ladage rated it it was ok
Like the stars show, it was just ok. There were some quality suggestions and strategies in there about being an effective leader, but like the title says, it's a way to "win with people." Many of the strategies felt like being a people pleaser and putting your own personal preferences and ideals be the wayside for the sake of making others feel good. Some things that I will take out of it and use, but taken as a whole it was too much.
Tri
Oct 10, 2009 Tri rated it really liked it
great team..

subhanallah, if they're moslems, i'm sure it they would get more bless from Allah, that they can help people be better friends, better parents, better teachers, better students, or even becoming better president..
Pablo Rognone
A typical John Maxwell book, with small bits and quite practical stories and examples. It's not a bad book, actually I liked many of the ideas presented.
On the other hand I think Maxwell stays too much on the surface without digging into deeper details.
Nicole
Jul 21, 2015 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I will put these concepts to use in the workplace. Great way to enhance leadership characteristics and quality without attending a seminar or conference!
Mohamad Dahrouj
مقارنة بكتب ماكسويل الاخری هو كتاب ضعيف وخفيف لم يعجبني الكاتب ليس الذي كان يقدم لكل وسيلة بقصة جون .
فيه كثير من الافكار والعبارات المكررة في كتبه الاخری .
Yiye
Apr 02, 2012 Yiye rated it liked it
The book listed 25 tactics to teach people how to better connect and communicate with others, starting from embracing one's own personal value to giving credits to other people. Some of the methods are overlapped. For example, both "Add value to people" and "Give others a reputation to uphold" are basically saying the same thing: treat people as if they have achieved their potentials.

The strategies are intuitive and easy to comprehend but I wonder how a person is able to memorize and practice t
Atif Choudhury
Mar 24, 2014 Atif Choudhury rated it really liked it
"Recognize when you help others win, you also win" - John C Maxwell

I totally agree.

I am a Forex trader and I also wrote a book on Forex trading. I wrote that book to teach others, how to trade Forex profitably. It wasn't for money or fame.
Jeremy
Feb 14, 2015 Jeremy rated it it was amazing
A relatively short book, but extremely similar to "How to Win Friends and Influence People." I'd recommend to read this in the realm of wanting to develop people skills.
Jonathan Brooker
Sep 20, 2013 Jonathan Brooker rated it really liked it
A relatively short work, this book takes the principles and leaves them as that without too much dressing. Maxwell, a person known for his great skills with people, gives 25 of the top things you can do to win with people to make them feel significant and like they matter. As a pastor I find this to be one of the most important parts of my job. However, I don't know many jobs at all out there were it wouldn't help or be incredibly important to improve at making people feel like a million bucks. ...more
Aleesha Nash
May 04, 2015 Aleesha Nash rated it really liked it
It's straight forward like all Maxwell books! It works if you do it! :) Great reminder of how to be a "nice" person and put others first.
Andreea
May 14, 2012 Andreea rated it really liked it
I regard this self-help book as a very useful one because it contains pieces of advice for people who want to improve their relationships with others. The relevant examples and interesting stories the author tells to support his theories prove the truth in his words. I must admit that, so far, the book has been helpful to me. It has made me revise my attitude towards others and constantly try to improve myself in various ways, which is exactly what I expected from it. All in all, I declare mysel ...more
Lisa
Jun 04, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great hands on tools for leaders! I will definitely be listening to this many times to keep it fresh!
Cristian Marrero
Aug 27, 2015 Cristian Marrero rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. 25 great ideas and simply explained to maintain the readers attention.
Lain
Dec 13, 2010 Lain rated it it was amazing
Don't let the topic fool you -- this book is not winning in the competitive sense, but in truly in the WITH sense. Maxwell and his co-author present twenty-five skills in twenty-five different lessons, each of which will increase your leadership and interpersonal skills. Nothing is said about manipulating others to reach your own goals; instead, the focus is on making others feel important and helping them reach THEIR goals. I appreciated the examples and takeaways to help me figure out how to a ...more
Kevin Cortez
Dec 04, 2015 Kevin Cortez rated it liked it
realmente cambia tu forma de ver a las personas
Meshaal Alshehri
Jul 21, 2014 Meshaal Alshehri rated it it was amazing
The BEST book of dealing with people ever
I loved it , I would like to rate it as 7 stars leadership book
Kevin
Mar 08, 2014 Kevin rated it really liked it
Now we just need to apply the principles.
Calvin
Jan 23, 2016 Calvin rated it really liked it
I think this book is great if you want to start implementing these practices over a long term. The points that are brought up are very eye opening. I noticed things that I already do and some things that I didn't realize others were doing that I already admired.

I believe that this isn't the top book to read, you may want to read some of his other books before working on this one.
Mark S.
Jan 21, 2016 Mark S. rated it really liked it
Great book!
Prince John
Jan 13, 2016 Prince John rated it really liked it
Great book
Joel Stockstill
Nov 28, 2015 Joel Stockstill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Learn to Win with People

Everyone can grow in their ability to relate with people. In this installment, Maxwell gives us practical training in how to win with people on a consistent basis.
Mandi Friedman
Apr 07, 2014 Mandi Friedman rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING! If you are a Christian or have any reason for wanting to add value to other people, this book is a timeless tool. It is short enough that you can move through the book briskly, but gives enough information to inspire, explain, and motivate you to put it into practice.
Deb
Sep 04, 2007 Deb added it
maxwell shares 25 people skills, such as the "10 second rule": within 10 seconds of interacting with someone, say something positive to them such as a compliment, thank you, or word of praise. these are excellent skills to practice and i found his advice very useful. the format made this a quick and easy to understand read, but putting these timeless principles into practise may take much longer. if you want to improve your people skills, this is the book for you!
Bill Warden
Jun 28, 2014 Bill Warden rated it really liked it
Shelves: business, non-fiction
This was a pretty good book. Interesting takes on how to perform CRM. Not too bad, but nothing that I would rush out and read a 2nd time quickly.
Anna Claire
This book came home with my husband from an Australian real estate conference. But I love this little bible so much He has'nt had a chance to read it yet and it is already dog eared. My favorite chapter title is " If Bob has a problem with everyone, then usually the problem is with Bob." Does anyone know a Bob? This gem is suitable for trainers, people with relatives, employees, employers, partners and humans of either sex and of course Bob.
Photomancia
Feb 16, 2014 Photomancia rated it it was amazing
I can't expect less from Mr.John Maxwell to put it simple am gonna use just two words: MIND BLOWING.
Shiloh
Dec 04, 2008 Shiloh rated it really liked it
Great book. Something really everyone should read. I have to confess this is the third time I picked it up. Twice before I got stuck early at one of the ways I really suck at, and thought I would stop there til I got better at it. This time I decided to read through it anyways. I could see some many strenths and weaknesses in myself and others. Great resource for interpersonal relationship.
Tony Canas
Picked this one up because it's by John C. Maxwell who my company is recommending as a good read for leadership stuff. This short 200 page book wasn't up my alley. For the most part it's very logical stuff about putting other people ahead of you and seems mostly filed with hot air and motivational examples. I'm also reading "The 21 Laws of Leadership" and I hope that one is better.
Chris Robertson
Aug 28, 2015 Chris Robertson rated it it was amazing
Another EXCELLENT book by John Maxwell! What great reads on relationships, attitudes, equipping and leadership his books are, all from a good Christian, Biblical perspective!
Heidi
Oct 21, 2014 Heidi rated it really liked it
Normally I would not have picked up a book with this title, but I received it as a gift from a friend whose judgment I value greatly. As it turned out, I found this book to be very inspiring, written from a speaker who truly seems to put others first in his life. The irony is that by doing so, he has filled his life with rich, fulfilling relationships.
  • Dig Your Well before You're Thirsty: The only networking book you'll ever need
  • Little Green Book of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence, and Sell Your Point of View to Others
  • Crunch Point: The 21 Secrets to Succeeding When It Matters Most
  • The On-Time, On-Target Manager: How a "Last-Minute Manager" Conquered Procrastination
  • Overcoming the Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Field Guide for Leaders, Managers, and Facilitators
  • Simpleology: The Simple Science of Getting What You Want
  • You Already Know How to Be Great: A Simple Way to Remove Interference and Unlock Your Greatest Potential
  • Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality
  • The Laws of Lifetime Growth: Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past
  • 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management
  • Selling You!: A Practical Guide to Achieving the Most by Becoming Your Best
  • The Velveteen Principles: A Guide to Becoming Real; Hidden Wisdom from a Children's Classic
  • The Mentor Leader: Secrets to Building People and Teams That Win Consistently
  • Ten Powerful Phrases for Positive People
  • What the Customer Wants You to Know: How Everybody Needs to Think Differently About Sales
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Ac ...more
More about John C. Maxwell...

“You cannot enjoy others until you
enjoy yourself because you cannot give to others what you do not have.”
34 likes