Start by marking “25 Ways to Win with People: How to Make Others Feel Like a Million Bucks” as Want to Read:
25 Ways to Win with People: How to Make Others Feel Like a Million Bucks

25 Ways to Win with People: How to Make Others Feel Like a Million Bucks

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  1,218 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
You've read John Maxwell's best-selling Winning with People, and now you're ready for some specific action steps to build on the knowledge you gained. 25 Ways to Win With People has just what you need! This complementary companion to the full-sized book is ideal for a quick refresher course on interpersonal relationships.A small sampling of the twenty-five specific actions ...more
Published June 5th 2005 by Thomas Nelson (first published June 1st 2005)

Ryan Ladage
Feb 06, 2014 Ryan Ladage rated it it was ok
Like the stars show, it was just ok. There were some quality suggestions and strategies in there about being an effective leader, but like the title says, it's a way to "win with people." Many of the strategies felt like being a people pleaser and putting your own personal preferences and ideals be the wayside for the sake of making others feel good. Some things that I will take out of it and use, but taken as a whole it was too much.
Tri
Oct 10, 2009 Tri rated it really liked it
great team..

subhanallah, if they're moslems, i'm sure it they would get more bless from Allah, that they can help people be better friends, better parents, better teachers, better students, or even becoming better president..
Pablo Rognone
A typical John Maxwell book, with small bits and quite practical stories and examples. It's not a bad book, actually I liked many of the ideas presented.
On the other hand I think Maxwell stays too much on the surface without digging into deeper details.
Mohamad Dahrouj
مقارنة بكتب ماكسويل الاخری هو كتاب ضعيف وخفيف لم يعجبني الكاتب ليس الذي كان يقدم لكل وسيلة بقصة جون .
فيه كثير من الافكار والعبارات المكررة في كتبه الاخری .
Nicole
Jul 18, 2015 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I will put these concepts to use in the workplace. Great way to enhance leadership characteristics and quality without attending a seminar or conference!
C. He
Feb 08, 2017 C. He rated it liked it
Good ideas but not so original. Remembering people's names, connecting them with others, giving undivided attention when talking to them... All sounds very familiar. But it is a good book in a sense that it puts all these things together and reaffirms the long-held belief of helping people and being connected with them is what makes the world go around.
Harvey Castro
Jan 20, 2017 Harvey Castro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy read

Great book enjoyed the book. I would re read this book again. I will look for other books by same authors.
Kristen Hafer
Jan 07, 2017 Kristen Hafer rated it it was ok
This concept of this book is good, but it is a mile wide and an inch deep. The authors gloss over the science and psychology of the elements so it feels like there is no depth. It was the most disappointing part of the book. I really do appreciate that the focus is on others, not yourself. Can we have more of that in our culture, please?
Monica
Jan 09, 2017 Monica rated it liked it
Two part book full of common sense practical actions to take in the pursuit of helping others and therefore "win." Requires reader to be less selfish and more mindful.
Roman Pindela
Jan 27, 2016 Roman Pindela rated it it was amazing
John presents winning mindset in living with people. Knowing their motives, adding to and recognizing their values also praising their strength are those little things a little people appreciate in everyday both work and home. Amators motivate with only money or fear, Professionals motivate with money and hearts. It's not easy cause it comes down to integrity, being a valuable person, seeing good parts in people and situations. Trust also play enormous part in that. How far can you trust yoursel ...more
Yiye
Apr 02, 2012 Yiye rated it liked it
The book listed 25 tactics to teach people how to better connect and communicate with others, starting from embracing one's own personal value to giving credits to other people. Some of the methods are overlapped. For example, both "Add value to people" and "Give others a reputation to uphold" are basically saying the same thing: treat people as if they have achieved their potentials.

The strategies are intuitive and easy to comprehend but I wonder how a person is able to memorize and practice t
Andreea
Mar 07, 2012 Andreea rated it really liked it
I regard this self-help book as a very useful one because it contains pieces of advice for people who want to improve their relationships with others. The relevant examples and interesting stories the author tells to support his theories prove the truth in his words. I must admit that, so far, the book has been helpful to me. It has made me revise my attitude towards others and constantly try to improve myself in various ways, which is exactly what I expected from it. All in all, I declare mysel ...more
Jonathan Brooker
Sep 20, 2013 Jonathan Brooker rated it really liked it
A relatively short work, this book takes the principles and leaves them as that without too much dressing. Maxwell, a person known for his great skills with people, gives 25 of the top things you can do to win with people to make them feel significant and like they matter. As a pastor I find this to be one of the most important parts of my job. However, I don't know many jobs at all out there were it wouldn't help or be incredibly important to improve at making people feel like a million bucks. ...more
Lain
Dec 13, 2010 Lain rated it it was amazing
Don't let the topic fool you -- this book is not winning in the competitive sense, but in truly in the WITH sense. Maxwell and his co-author present twenty-five skills in twenty-five different lessons, each of which will increase your leadership and interpersonal skills. Nothing is said about manipulating others to reach your own goals; instead, the focus is on making others feel important and helping them reach THEIR goals. I appreciated the examples and takeaways to help me figure out how to a ...more
Anna Claire
This book came home with my husband from an Australian real estate conference. But I love this little bible so much He has'nt had a chance to read it yet and it is already dog eared. My favorite chapter title is " If Bob has a problem with everyone, then usually the problem is with Bob." Does anyone know a Bob? This gem is suitable for trainers, people with relatives, employees, employers, partners and humans of either sex and of course Bob.
Kari Olfert
Aug 01, 2016 Kari Olfert rated it liked it
25 Ways to Win with People is misleading for the fact that John Maxwell didn't write this book. It's actually written by his personal psychologist as almost a tribute to the techniques used by Maxwell. It jumps from 3rd to 1st person constantly and you're not sure if you're being fed 'fact', 'opinion' or 'perception'. That being said, the information is there and laid out in a organized format, making it not the worst book ever.
Deb
Sep 04, 2007 Deb added it
maxwell shares 25 people skills, such as the "10 second rule": within 10 seconds of interacting with someone, say something positive to them such as a compliment, thank you, or word of praise. these are excellent skills to practice and i found his advice very useful. the format made this a quick and easy to understand read, but putting these timeless principles into practise may take much longer. if you want to improve your people skills, this is the book for you!
Shiloh
Dec 03, 2008 Shiloh rated it really liked it
Great book. Something really everyone should read. I have to confess this is the third time I picked it up. Twice before I got stuck early at one of the ways I really suck at, and thought I would stop there til I got better at it. This time I decided to read through it anyways. I could see some many strenths and weaknesses in myself and others. Great resource for interpersonal relationship.
Emmanuel Balan
Mar 04, 2016 Emmanuel Balan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: better-me
Amazing book if you really want to make a difference in your interactions with others. Not just as a first impression but generally increase the well being of others and yourself in the process. I'm generally a people person but after reading this book, I realized how I am not coming across as the best me as possible.
Heidi
Nov 01, 2011 Heidi rated it really liked it
Normally I would not have picked up a book with this title, but I received it as a gift from a friend whose judgment I value greatly. As it turned out, I found this book to be very inspiring, written from a speaker who truly seems to put others first in his life. The irony is that by doing so, he has filled his life with rich, fulfilling relationships.
 Alex
Feb 01, 2014  Alex rated it really liked it
Frases:
«Lo más importante en la comunicación es escuchar lo que no se dice»

"No oculte su secreto a su amigo o perderlo será su merecido."

"Trate a un hombre como aparenta ser y lo empeorará. Pero trátelo como si ya fuera lo que potencialmente pudiera llegar a ser, y hará que sea lo que debe ser."
Calvin
Dec 17, 2015 Calvin rated it really liked it
I think this book is great if you want to start implementing these practices over a long term. The points that are brought up are very eye opening. I noticed things that I already do and some things that I didn't realize others were doing that I already admired.

I believe that this isn't the top book to read, you may want to read some of his other books before working on this one.
Carren
Nov 06, 2012 Carren rated it it was amazing
After reading this book I found myself at the end of that "pyramid", having me realize that after all these years I wasn't able to win with others, or at least leave a mark in their lives, but what is the point of regret? I have read the book, so might as well apply it, TAKE ACTION! This just proves that reading can create change. A MUST READ!
Tony Canas
Picked this one up because it's by John C. Maxwell who my company is recommending as a good read for leadership stuff. This short 200 page book wasn't up my alley. For the most part it's very logical stuff about putting other people ahead of you and seems mostly filed with hot air and motivational examples. I'm also reading "The 21 Laws of Leadership" and I hope that one is better.
Dan Clapper
Oct 07, 2012 Dan Clapper rated it it was amazing

John Maxwell's writing style connects with me! I meet new people every day, and this book has helped me develop into an expert connector! Life is all about relationships- so I highly recommend this book to anyone that wants to expand the quality and quantity of their social network!
Irene Timm
Dec 21, 2009 Irene Timm rated it it was amazing
audiobook. Excellent perspectives on how to have better relationships with people. Worth your time, especially if you can listen while driving, gardening, shoveling snow, folding laundry, washing dishes, etc.
Greg
Mar 03, 2016 Greg rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help, audiobook
Winning with people is a very important skill for anyone to have especially those who are leading a group. Thankfully John Maxwell, in this very easy to read book, is able to provide many useful ideas to just that.
Dionne
Dec 09, 2008 Dionne rated it really liked it
Shelves: relationships
This was an excellent book and worth listening to on Cd and reading. I printed out the list of 25 and even took notes while listening to it. I need to re-listen to it and pray about applying it to my life.
Cagne
An ok remainder on how to be a positive influence to and look like one among people.

The recurring "Do it." started to become annoying, as it was a bit the same speaker switching between voicing the two authors.
Joel Stockstill
Nov 08, 2015 Joel Stockstill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Learn to Win with People

Everyone can grow in their ability to relate with people. In this installment, Maxwell gives us practical training in how to win with people on a consistent basis.
  • The On-Time, On-Target Manager: How a "Last-Minute Manager" Conquered Procrastination
  • Little Black Book of Connections: 6.5 Assets for Networking Your Way to Rich Relationships
  • 10 Simple Secrets of the World's Greatest Business Communicators
  • Crunch Point: The 21 Secrets to Succeeding When It Matters Most
  • Dig Your Well before You're Thirsty: The only networking book you'll ever need
  • You Already Know How to Be Great: A Simple Way to Remove Interference and Unlock Your Greatest Potential
  • The Laws of Lifetime Growth: Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past
  • Overcoming the Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Field Guide for Leaders, Managers, and Facilitators
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Simpleology: The Simple Science of Getting What You Want
  • Selling You!: A Practical Guide to Achieving the Most by Becoming Your Best
  • Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality
  • The E-Myth Contractor: Why Most Contractors' Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
  • It's Not Just Who You Know: Transform Your Life (and Your Organization) by Turning Colleagues and Contacts into Lasting, Genuine Relationships
  • 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management
  • The Secret Science: For the Physical and Spiritual Transformation of Man (Hermetic Philosophy, Book 1)
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Ac ...more
More about John C. Maxwell...

“You cannot enjoy others until you
enjoy yourself because you cannot give to others what you do not have.”
37 likes
“Since we tend to see ourselves primarily in light of our intentions, which are invisible to others,” said philosopher J. G. Bennett, “while we see others mainly in the light of their actions, which are all that’s visible to us, we have a situation in which misunderstanding and injustice are the order of the day.” And” 1 likes