Start by marking “The Parable Series: The Parable Of The Lily” as Want to Read:
The Parable Series: The Parable Of The Lily

The Parable Series: The Parable Of The Lily (The Parable Series)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The Parable of the Lily begins with a mysterious gift on a gray wintry day and ends one Spring morning with a joyous discovery.

The gentle Farmer from The Pumpkin Patch Parable lovingly helps His young daughter, Maggie, understand the power of grace and forgiveness and the true meaning of Easter.
Published November 7th 1997 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about The Parable Series, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parable Series

Jodie
As a mom, I often find myself trying to figure out how to teach my kids about appreciating the gifts they've been given. And as an adult, I realize that sometimes I myself am not very good about appreciating gifts I've been given. Grumbling about life, struggles, kids making me crazy, and on and on. The Parable Series: The Parable Of The Lily was a great reminder to be thankful for every gift, even the seemingly small ones for they can turn out to be some of the greatest gifts ever received. Wha ...more
Mrsinserra
The Parable of the Lily is a wonderful children’s book. It would be perfect to read to children on Easter evening before bed. It would also be a great story to read at a children’s chapel, the priest or pastor could follow it up with a little sermon, or in Sunday school. I love a Christian children’s book, there are not that many good ones out there. This book is also nice because it has appropriate bible verses on the bottom of the pages.

The book has beautiful pictures that will keep any child’
Lisa
Would you like to give your child something special for Easter this year? Would you like to give them a gift that would have lasting value and would have a definite impact on his or her life?

Easter is not so much a time of bunny rabbits and Easter eggs as it is a time of forgiveness and rebirth. The Parable of the Lily is a beautiful Easter story written by Liz Curtis Higgs. The author has written several entertaining fiction books, non-fiction books, and children's books. In The Parable of the
Margaret
Mar 26, 2012 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Liz Curtis Higgs
I love Liz Curtis Higgs, I love giant lap board books. What could be a better book for this Easter season than a parable story we already love?! There are four books in the Parables Series from Liz, and now this spring we have a third one republished as a lap board book. (Last Christmas we got The Pine Tree Parable and before that for Thanksgiving we had The Pumpkin Patch Parable.) I cannot wait for the fourth one The Sunflower Parable to come as a board book - I can only assume that will be our ...more
Audrey
This is a cute little story about Maggie who receives a box of dirt for her birthday. Disappointed she throws it away only to discover that it contained a bulb that sprouted and grew into a lovely lily. The story compares Jesus as a flower. We don't appreciate Him as our Gift until He is revealed to us. Bible verses are woven through out the story bringing it to life. It is a charming story to be read at Easter or any time of the year. It will be enjoyed by both children and adults.
Miss Mae
My name is Maggie and my little sister is named Lilly. So my parents bought this for us when we were little. It was my favorite book back then. It still is one of my favorite children's books today.
Susan
A wonderful lesson related to the Easter holiday. Teaches young ones that receiving a gift that may not be exactly what they wanted, might not be a bad thing after all. Sometimes the gifts we don't think to ask for are the best ones to receive. I love the way this story is written, and how fun it was to read with my kiddos. Even my 10 year old son liked the story. Great for ages infant through young child (with the older ones pretending not to listen, but enjoying it too).

*I received a free digi
Neuharth Family
This is a pretty nice book, a little advanced for us right now, as it is a parable, but I think we'll be learning from this book for a very long time into the future. There are Bible verses which accompany every page, and all the concepts presented are sound.

It is SO hard to find quality Easter books, and this is just plain excellent compared to most.
Amanda
A great Easter story about a girl who gets a gift she doesn't appreciate and then in the end realizes what a beautiful thing is has become and who it's from. There are Bible verses noted at the bottom of most pages, but they were very small and after I read the first one, my 5 yr old requested I just skip them.
Bill Tillman
This is a great picture book, about Maggie the Farmer's daughter. She gets a winter letter in the mail that says a gift will come soon. She struggles with the gift because its something to grow, little does she know the surprise awaiting her.
I love Liz Curtis Higgs. Her Parable of the Pumpkin Patch was a favorite of mine and this one did not disappoint. Great read for easter season. Love the scripture and analogy of the lily.
Christal Eldridge
AWESOME children Christian book. It give scripture with every page to back up every reaction/scenario or action that is taken by the characters. Both my boys loved this book!
Mollywainio
maybe when they get to be school age and have sinned more i will reconsider reading it but puts too many bad ideas in a toddlers mind
Dietra Henschel
Good Children's book
Mindy Adams
Another great children's book.
Tracy Ralston
Wonderful book about Easter.
Anna
Anna added it
Aug 19, 2015
Dhwani Jain
Dhwani Jain marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Cjl
Cjl marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Lori Ann
Lori Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Kathely
Kathely marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Liz Elliott
Liz Elliott marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Gina
Gina added it
Jul 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • God Gave Us Love
  • Little Bear's Little Boat
  • Who is Coming to Our House?
  • Pantone: Colors
  • The Night Before Easter
  • Ennara and the Book of Shadows (Ennara, #2)
  • Time for a Hug
  • Squanto and the Miracle of Thanksgiving
  • Fletcher and the Falling Leaves
  • The Dragon in the Sea (Dragon Keepers #5)
  • Tabitha's Travels: A Family Story For Advent (Jotham's Journey Trilogy)
  • If Only I Had a Green Nose
  • Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt - Neverwinter Tales
  • The Warden and the Wolf King (The Wingfeather Saga #4)
  • Of the Persecuted (Legends of the Woodlands, #1)
  • Story of Jonah
  • Bears on Chairs
  • Barn Dance!
Former Bad Girl, grateful for the grace God offers. Happy wife of Bill, one of the Good Guys. Proud mom of two grown-up kids with tender hearts. Lame housekeeper. Marginal cook. Pitiful gardener. Stuff I love? Encouraging my sisters in Christ—across the page, from the platform, online, in person. Unpacking Scripture. Traveling wherever God leads. Listening to his heart. Leaning into his embrace.
More about Liz Curtis Higgs...

The Parable Series (4 books)
  • The Parable Series: The Pine Tree Parable
  • The Pumpkin Patch Parable (The Parable Series)
  • The Sunflower Parable
Bad Girls of the Bible: And What We Can Learn from Them Thorn in My Heart (Lowlands of Scotland, #1) Whence Came a Prince (Lowlands of Scotland, #3) Fair Is the Rose (Lowlands of Scotland, #2) Grace in Thine Eyes (Lowlands of Scotland, #4)