Start by marking “The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3)

The Highlander's Touch (Highlander #3)

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  24,584 Ratings  ·  1,025 Reviews
A Warrior of Immortal Powers

He was a mighty Scottish warrior who lived in a world bound by ancient laws and timeless magic. But no immortal powers could prepare the laird of Castle Brodie for the lovely accursed lass who stood before him. A terrible trick of fate had sent her 700 years back in time and into his private chamber to tempt him with her beauty - and seduce him
Audio CD, 9 pages
Published November 20th 2007 by Brilliance Audio (first published November 7th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Highlander's Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Highlander's Touch

Kat Kennedy
In case you're wondering, yes, I am thoroughly ashamed.

How can I possibly give this book more stars than Madame Bovary? It's disgusting. It's tragic. Worst of all, it doesn't even makes sense. I don't LIKE Historical Romance!

romance book
C'mon, I DARE you to find something dignifying about this.

I don't like TIME TRAVEL Historical Romance! I don't like modern woman meets warrior Highlander Hunk. First of all, it's been done - so many times. Never as well as Outlander, in my opinion. And I swear, if life imit
MelissaB
Circenn and Lisa's story - Circenn is a half-human, half-fae man living in the 14th century. He is also immortal thanks to Adam Black slipping the magic Fae liquid that makes humans immortal into his drink when he was in his 30's. Circenn is quite the broody Brud (sorry couldn't resist). He placed a curse on a flask that causes the flask to come back to him. He doesn't realize that his curse will also bring back whoever touches the flask....Enter Lisa, who is working her night time shift in a mu ...more
Dina
Feb 05, 2009 Dina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now I understand why "everyone" loves this series! :)

Circenn Brodie is one of the most "delicious" heroes I've ever met. Truly tall, dark & handsome! The scene where Lisa finds him sleeping at her bedroom door had me melting into a puddle of love. It reminded me of a similar scene from Kinley MacGregor's Born in Sin and, come to think of it, Circenn's nickname was practically identical to MacGregor's hero's name in the same book, but I didn't mind it at all. I'm in love with Circenn and that
Sophia Triad
Circenn is immortal in Scotland and he really hates it. He hates seeing people he loves, wives, favourite pets dying around him for the past 500 years.

Lisa lives in the 21st century. She is looking after her sick mother and she is working 2 jobs to pay for the bills. A little of magic and she ends up in old Scotland while Circenn has already taken an oath to kill her. Of course they fall in love.

In this book Adam Black is manipulating people's lives again and there is a huge revelation about hi
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness

★★★3 Stars★★★-Please excuse my overuse of the word pleasant in this review because I don't think any other word to describe this novel better.*Wince*

The Highlander's Touch was a pleasant enough read to earn a 3 star from me.
I didn't love it but it wasn't in any way a bad read either.Just very forgettable.

Main Characters were pleasant enough but there wasn't anything overly original about them that made me want to root for them as a individual characters or as a couple. :/
The only character that
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

If a cursed flask holding an immortal elixir is what it takes to travel back in time to find a Highlander hottie like Circenn, then I’m getting my butt on the next train to the museum!

Lisa Stone is twenty-three years old. Her mother, Catherine is sick with cancer and solely relies on her daughter to provide for her in her dying days. Instead of attending college with her friends, Lisa works two jobs, one of which is at a museum. Little does Lisa know that the ancient fl
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

The Highlander’s Touch is the third book in Karen Marie Moning’s Highlander series and once again we’re back with a heavy time travel influence. But this time, whether because I’m getting used to it or perhaps it was better written, the time travel didn’t bother me as much as it did in Beyond the Highland Mist and other time travel books I’ve read. I really do hope it’s just me becoming more comfortable with the theme, because it seems I’m missing out on a lot of great Highlander tales.

I thought
Kristen
3 to 3 1/2 stars

I'm glad I read this series out of order (these books can be read out of order). I'm honestly not sure if would have continued the series had I read the first three books in the series first. Personally, I don't think the series was particularly engrossing until after the third book. Books four, five, and six are my favorite, with book six, The Immortal Highlander, my favorite of the series. You must, however, read books four, five, six, and seven in order.

I recommend reading th
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
I was going to write a review, but Im just completely blank. I will however say what I deem important to say - This book was awesome. Circeen had a manclub the size of an elephant. Lisa was horny all the time. They could freakishly read each others minds - a talent I wouldnt mind having with my husband. The story was funny. The story was great. A happily ever after with trimmings on top!
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
★Book Basics★

Genre : - Historical Paranormal Romance
Series : - 3rd in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 3.5 rounded up to 4

★Review★

I enjoyed this one so much more then the first two.

Liked both main characters and much preferred the story.

The romance felt more real than in the first 2 books, and I much prefer
Hannah
For an entertaining and comprehensive diatribe on this book, please read Zosia's review.
AH
While cleaning her boss' office, Lisa comes across an artifact. She touches it and is transported back in time to the 14th century where she meets a very naked Scottish warrior.

Sounds great doesn't it? Well it is yet another fun summer read. The Highlander's Touch is the third book in Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series. Once again, we have the tall, well built, muscular hunk of a man as our hero. We have the requisite virgin. Add in a little fae mischief and we have a great way to spend the
Lisa (Fic Talk)

So, this was the first book in the series that actually had an immortal dude in it. I know, right? A Highlander series where so far only one guy is immortal.
I'll admit it wasn't bad in the beginning, but close to the end is where it took a turn for the, not worse, but totally and completely ridiculous.

I tell you, I practically saw it coming and had to speed read because I couldn't believe she actually tied it up in such a way.

And like the last two books, the heroines always - I repeat, always -
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬
karen hala seni seviyorum!
okuyun, okutun.
Eastofoz
Feb 25, 2008 Eastofoz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Good, but not as wonderful as the next book in this series. That one is swoon worthy. I really want Adam Black's book now. I know his story is going to be fun.
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
I'm really really liking this series. I fall in love over again with each character.

Lisa and Circenn meet on less than normal cirumstances. She is a girl from the present with a lot of responsibilty on her shoulders. He is a fierce warrior who is immortal from the fourteenth century. The saying Curiousity kills the Cat is basically right on point in this story. She touches a historical flask of her bosses where she wasn't even supposed to be. The Flask had been cursed sending her straight back t
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
Really enjoyed the story of a true Scottish Brute Warrior (of kilt wearing variety OF COURSE!) Cin and a woman from 21st century trapped in 14th century - Lisa Stone.

Lisa living through the worst time of her life with working multiple jobs & doing everything possible to make her mom's last days comfortable. Working as a night cleaning lady at a museum curiosity gets the better of her and opens pandora's box aka cursed object that send her RIGHT TO 14th century -> to Cin -> during bath
BJ Rose
There were a lot of things to like about this book.
Circenn and his insistence on following a few basic rules - until he meets Lisa and starts breaking his own rules one by one. Circenn and his love for his family and his people. Circenn and his old-fashioned morals and gentleness. Circenn and his desire to make Lisa happy. Circenn and...

I found it very easy to empathize with Lisa and her problems in the present time, and to respect her because she put aside her dreams to work menial jobs and car
Lover of Romance
Lisa is shocked when, at one of her two jobs, she ends up through her curse of curiosity persay, she ends up being taken back through time, 700 years in Medieval Scotland, with a sword being pointed at her throat. Definitely not what she imagined her day turning out. Circern, when seeing a woman appear before him holding the "flask" he knows he has to remember his vow, and destroy her, but he hesitates thinking that she could be a innocent.Lisa is determined to find a way back to her own time, b ...more
Natasha
Aug 07, 2009 Natasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! The Highlanders Touch is the third installment in the Highlander series by the amazing Karen Marie Moning!
I'm a huge fan of Moning, she has two amazing series under her belt, the Fever series and of course the Highlander series. Two of which that are very different, yet have similar characters and theories. They cross between each other from time to time, but are not officially connected.

This time around we are dealing with Circenn Brody and Lisa. Circenn is the keeper and guard of t
Lauren
The Highlander's Touch
3.5 Stars

Synopsis
Circenn Brodie is an immortal highland warrior charged with protecting sacred relics belonging to the fae. When a flask goes missing, Circenn ensures its return by attaching a curse to it and vows to kill the person whose touch activates the spell. That person is Lisa Stone, a 21st century beauty who finds herself transported back in time to war-torn Scotland and a man who is determined to kill her but finds himself irresistibly drawn to her instead...

Revie
Susan
Nov 21, 2010 Susan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Sorry, I'll be the odd one out here and like this book less than the previous two. It came in at around a two to three stat rating, which is a pity as the hero is rather scrumptious.

But there are just too many continuity flaws in the plot and I don't mean as in relates to the time travel stuff!! Lisa booby-traps the floor of the room with shards of pottery, Circenn cuts himself on a couple, next thing they're rolling around on the floor with nary another scratch. At one point it's mentioned that
Gemma
Sep 20, 2009 Gemma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about this book?

Overall I really rather enjoyed this book. The characters were engaging and the storyline was intresting. I liked the little spin on the time travel theme in this book.

Lisa was a very ballsy heroine, who although seemed to come around to Ciaranns way of thinking, was not the simpering wallflower, who just accepted she was in the 14th centurary and thus acted as was proper for this time.

I did like the little plot twist regarding Ciarrans relationship to Adam and the
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars; B+

I really enjoyed this audiobook. A few years ago I had picked up a different book in this series and didn't care for it so wasn't really expecting too much here. It was a nice surprise to find an intelligent and gutsy heroine and a tough but kindhearted hero. Many parts of this story made me laugh out loud. One thing that I enjoyed was coming to understand the character of Adam Black a bit better. He is not the main character in this book but his shenanigans are behind a lot of
Fani *loves angst*
This was a nice romance about one beautiful, self-sacrificing, kind-hearted heroine and an incredibly handsome, kind-hearted, honorable highlander. The dilemma, should the heroine return to her dying mother in the present, or stay with the man she loved in the past, tried to add some tension to an otherwise tame story. Nice but not really my cuppa; I prefer less perfect protagonists in my romances.
Jamie Arthur
Bu kitap acayip derecede serinin ilk kitabına benziyordu. Ayrıca olaylar sonlara doğru oldu-bitti ye getirilmiş. Tek sevdiğim yanı Ateş serisine dair bilgiler içeriyor olması sanırım :)
Twist
I was kinda bored with this one. Lisa loves history, so she seems to know a lot about most of it. She doesn't have to learn anything of the time. Circenn is your typical warlord except for one not so small thing.

Adam makes an appearance and that makes it more enjoyable. I really liked Douglas and Galen, until Douglas met Elizabeth and Tally and some truths were brought up that put him in a lesser light.

It didn't start getting really interesting until the end when Circenn and Adam had to travel.
PepperP0t
This installment to the series seems to have a clumsy tenuous association to the previous two as Adam Black returns but this is definitely not his story. Hardworking Lisa Stone is struggling to toil at two jobs trying to make ends meet as her mother is in the final stages of a fatal disease. It is at her night cleaning job at the museum where she indulges her love of history that her curiosity gets the better of her and she is pulling 700years in the past by a cursed artifact. This artifact is t ...more
liirogue
Dec 30, 2011 liirogue rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dear God this was horrible! I expected cheesy, but not rampant stupidity, giant plot holes, and the mother-of-all cop out endings.

First of all, a 5'10 woman in the 1300's would have been considered a giant, not "above average." Good luck finding clothes that fit and walking through doorways.

Second, did the main character have even two brain cells to rub together? Because you sure can't tell by her actions. Every possible action is done to ensure maximum chaos and misunderstandings. Bonus points
  • A Highlander's Homecoming (Daughters of the Glen, #6)
  • Tempting the Highlander (Highlander, #4)
  • Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands, #1)
  • Highlander Unchained (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #3)
  • Dark Victory (Masters of Time, #4)
  • Claiming the Highlander (Brotherhood of the Sword #2/MacAllister, #1)
  • Sword of the Highlands (Highlands, #2)
  • Ravished by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #1)
“The only other calling I ever felt was an irrepressible desire to be Captain of my own Starship. I was born in the wrong century and it wasn’t possible, so I chose to explore the universe by writing fiction instead. Books are doors to endless adventure.” -KMM

Karen Marie Moning is the #1 NYT bestselling author of the Fever Series and Highlander novels.

An alum of the Immaculate Conception Academy,
More about Karen Marie Moning...

Highlander (8 books)
  • Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1)
  • To Tame A Highland Warrior (Highlander, #2)
  • Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4)
  • The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5)
  • The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6)
  • Spell of the Highlander (Highlander, #7)
  • Into the Dreaming (Highlander, #8)

“He ran a hand over his face and shook his head. "Lass, I have never lied to you. I adore you and there have never been any other women from the future here. And these"- he flung a tampon in the air- "cleaning swabs, I cannot fathom why they upset you so greatly, but I assure you I have never let the maids use them."

Lisa's brow furrowed. No man could be so stupid. "Cleaning Swabs?"

He snatched up a gun and jerked the barrel in her direction, and an unwrapped tampon shot out. It was coated with black from the slow corrosion of the steel. She eyed it for a moment, bent, and plucked it from the floor. "You clean your guns with these?"

He lowered the gun. "Is that not the purpose for which they were designed? I vow I could not conceive of another."

Didn't you read the box?"

There were too many words I didn't understand!”
90 likes
“Good night, Lisa. Sleep with the angels."
Her eyes stung from quick tears. It had been her mother's nightly benediction: Sleep with the angels. But then he added words her mother never had: "Then come back to earth and sleep with your devil, who would burn in hell for one night in your arms.”
84 likes