Start by marking “Highlander in Her Dreams (Highlander #2)” as Want to Read:
Highlander in Her Dreams (Highlander #2)

Highlander in Her Dreams (Highlander #2)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  673 ratings  ·  40 reviews
As a paranormal inestigator, Kira Bedwell know that her gift as a far-seer had its advantages. But while touring the ruins of a Scottish castle, she never expected to gaze upon the noble figure of medieval clan chieftain Aidan MacDonald....

And she certainly never thought the irresistible Scot would appear in her dreams from then on.

Years later, while investigating time por
Mass Market Paperback, 332 pages
Published November 6th 2007 by Signet Eclipse

To ask other readers questions about Highlander in Her Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highlander in Her Dreams

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuirePerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesDevil in Winter by Lisa KleypasA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
Bad boys meet the virgins
437th out of 770 books — 1,755 voters
Never Love a Highlander by Maya BanksHighlander Most Wanted by Maya BanksHighland Shifters by Michelle FoxIn Bed with a Highlander by Maya BanksIf You Deceive by Kresley Cole
Men In Kilts
129th out of 129 books — 44 voters

More lists with this book...

Anne
Not the best time travel Scottish book I have read. It dragged a lot nothing much happening for ages and somehow couldn't get into the characters. I won't be getting any other ones in this series.
Tegan Genone darkhaven
This makes you wanna go and pray you get list in the past and meet the highlander of your dreams.
Lover of Romance
Originally Posted On My Blog at Addicted To Romance

Short Review:
Kira has had dreams of Aiden, a Scot from the 1300's, and she has always had a certain fascination with everything Scotland. It is her greatest passion. Then one day she has the strongest urge to return to Scotland, and while searching through some ruins, she finds herself in Scotland only in Aiden's time, and she is face to face with a man that she has been dreaming of. Aiden has been dreaming of Kira and won't be satisfied until s
Richelle
I loved this book. The whole idea ignite dreams of my own for weeks. This book was incredible love story and extremely funny...as all the books in this series are. If you are a fan of comedic paranormal, treat yourself and read these books.
Kecia
I loved this book , actually she is one of my favorite writer's. I have read the entire series, and can't get enough of her sexy highlanders.
Leah
Another re-read for me. I love Allie MacKay's stories so much I can't help but re-visit them occasionally.

Castle Wrath, Isle of Skye 1315, and modern day...

Kira Bedwell has a run in with Aiden MacDonald while in Scotland shortly after her 18th birthday. What makes it so special and heart-rending is that it only lasts for a few minutes....because Aiden is from the 13th century and their run in happens at the ruins of Castle Wrath, Aiden's castle. 12 years pass....12 years of them meeting in the d
Rachel Thompson
Nov 17, 2008 Rachel Thompson rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of historical and paranormal romance
Shelves: historical
Kira Bedwell fell in love with Scotland from the first instant she set foot on its soil. It's also the place her paranormal powers first manifested, allowing her a glimpse into the past at a medieval clan chieftain. From that moment on Kira is captivated and can't get the image of Aidan MacDonald out of her head.

Ten years later she's offered the chance to return to Scotland to perform some paranormal investigations, but this time she doesn't simply glimpse Aidan--she slips back into his time whe
Vina Raintree
ceritanya bener-bener kerent,, hehe

ceritanya gini, perempuan amerika namanya Kira. keluarganya suka banget sama scotlandia. dan suatu hari kira pergi ke scotland pake tur2 wisata gitu. pas di salah satu tempat pemberhentiannya yg namanya kastil wrath ato bisa dibilang reruntuhan. kira ini penasaran. jadi dia minta sama supir tur nya untuk ditinggal selama 2 jam biar dia bisa menjelajhi kastil wrath itu. padahal kira ini udh diperingatkan loh kalo kastil ini berhantu and bahaya banget. tapi kira
Nicole Laverdure
Great paranormal 4.5
I loved reading this romantic love story HIGHLANDER IN HER DREAMS by Allie MacKay. This is the first book that I read by this author AKA Sue-Ellen Welfonder. Some scenes are so charming and fun to read. I loved her two characters Kira and Aidan. Since, I like time-travel , this book was a delight to read! A great paranormal romance to recommend! Great paranormal 4.5
Amanda
Book #25 o 2009 - Officially halfway to 50... I think I might have to extend my goal!
This book was OK and a fun and light read, but I didn't like it as much as the other two books this author wrote under this name. I think it was because it took place in Medieval Scotland and not modern day Scotland and although its fun to imagine what that time would have been like, I seem to have an easier time with the Medieval men marrying the women in modern time they modern women going back and marrying t
Clara
This had the potential to be pretty good and then it ended up disappointing me...I mean I can suspend disbelief for characters to time travel, see into the past, have shared dreams and all that but I had some issues with the story towards the end. Without being spoilerish there were conversations between characters where I had to say "she wouldn't say that to them"...it totally ruined the story for me.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Kira went on her dream vacation as her graduation from high school present from her parents and fell even more in love with Scotland. She also saw a vision of a medieval highlander in the ruins of an ancient castle, fell in love at first sight, and discovered she has a far-seeing ability. Years later, she returns to Scotland and goes back to the ruins hoping to see her highlander, Aidan, the one she has gotten to know intimately in her dreams. Instead, she time travels back to his time and is ab ...more
Michelle
I love paranormal romance, and I love time-travel, especially stories containing sexy Highland Scottish lairds. Unfortunately this one fell a bit flat for me. I liked the heroine and hero - Aidan and Kira were fun and smart and lovable together. The storyline was even very good and the issue with his cousin was believable. I just had a hard time loving this book. I don't know if it was the writing or not, but something was missing. It seemed at times there was too much information or detail, and ...more
Laurie Bongiorno
Interesting romance; it makes me want to go to Scotland;) See some castles, reenactors, and the three fairy rings.
Lemon
This was pure chick-lit type fluff, but enjoyable fluff. Very similar to Lynn Kurland's A Dance Through Time (MacLeod, #1) but much less artful and involved. There is really no character development, plot development, romance or complexity in this book. But Aiden is every kilt wearing Scottish medieval laird admiring reader's fantasy come true. Aiden made this pure fluff of a book quite an enjoyable light read.

5+ stars for Aiden, 3.5 stars for the book
Lindsay Spivey
ugh the passion and sizzle from aiden to Kira was steaming. very different from the books I used to be reading. but loved it!!!!!!
Pam
I loved this book and Aidan and Kira were great together. This is one of Allie Mackay's better books. Time travel really looks possible when you read this story.

There is a mystery in this book as well as a nice romance. Aidan adores Kira and has since he saw her years before ( she was on her high school graduation trip) when he gets a glimpse of her 700 yrs into the future. Kira loves him too. After that glimpse they meet in their hot steamy dreams. Many years later, ( about 12 yrs I think) she
More like 2.5 stars. This book took me forever to read. Normally, I can read a book this size in a day, two if I'm busy, but this took almost a week. It started super slow and did not hook me right away. I almost gave up on it. In the end, it was just ok. I felt the ending, not the epilogue, the conclusion of the drama, was rushed. The middle was good, but the beginning and end let the story down. Not sure if I will go back and read the first in the series and then continue on or not.
Anne
Although a stand-alone book, I would recommend reading Highlander In Her Bed first as there is some minor overlap of characters.

An interesting look at how characters from different times interact in each others centuries, but not one of the best time travel stories I've read.
kingshearte
This was probably the most unadulterated, straight-up bodice-ripper of a book I've read in an awfully long time. Full of raw animal magnetism, and pure Highland maleness, and other such hilarious descriptors. It was smutty enough in some parts to make me a little embarassed to be reading it on the bus, but it was fun, as these things should be.
Katie
Oct 04, 2010 Katie added it
I loved the descriptive writing about Scotland, it was as if I was there and could feel it. Slow going for a little bit for me. Loved the 14th century :) Loved Kira and Aiden, Tavish and Aiden's sword. Loved the ending and Ferlie. And I loved the parents and that we got to see some of the ghosts and Alex and Mara for a bit again.
Annette
Though I really can't see the reason to give her that last name, I enjoyed the book. I always enjoy the story so much better when they both get to experience where they are from, instead of just one feeling frustrated trying to get the other to believe.
Kate
It was a fun read! I was hooked for the first 200 pages or so, but then suddenly the storyline felt rushed and less imaginative. So I was slightly disappointed with the ending, but did enjoy reading about Aidan and Kira.
Trina
This book was just as fluffy as the first...and I enjoyed it just as much. The content held some of my favourite things: romance, time travel and Scotland. This was a good, mindless read. It has been a nice break.
Catherine
Apr 27, 2008 Catherine rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Time Travel Lovers
I do love anything time travel. Add a Scott in a kilt and I am so there.
There were a few places in this book that confused me, but all in all it was a very believable story with loveable characters.
Renee
Liked this better than the first book (highlander in her bed). It was easier to read and the characters spoke more to me. I liked the fact that you got a glimpse of the characters from the first book.
Jody
fast, trashy, romance novel read
not especially effective, well-written, steamy scenes
setting Scotland
very similar but extremely watered down version of the -Outlander-series by Diana Gabaldoon
Carrie Olguin
DNF.

Written like eroica. H/h have explicit dream sex in chapter one, before I have a chance to get to know and possibly like the characters. I want a love story, not a sex story.
Jen Taylor
A wonderfully well written fantasy story about magic, time-travel and love. Filled with action, adventure and romance. Great for romance of historical novel lovers alike.
Jessica
The female can sometimes be a little ditzy, but it was still a really great book. A little bit of mystery going, too, although it takes up about 1/7 of the story.
  • Highland Knight
  • Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1)
  • Highland Rogue (Highland Dream, #4)
  • Lord of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #1)
  • Soul of a Highlander (Daughters of the Glen, #3)
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • The Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance
  • Loving the Highlander (Highlander, #2)
  • Return of the Highlander (Immortal Warriors, #1)
  • Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands, #1)
aka Sue Ellen Welfonder

Allie Mackay is the alter ego of USA Today bestselling author, Sue-Ellen Welfonder, who writes Scottish medieval romances www.welfonder.com. A former flight attendant of Scottish descent, she spent fifteen years living in Europe and still makes annual visits to Scotland. Most inspired by the wild places of Scotland’s far north, she is also fascinated by the paranormal, Scott
More about Allie Mackay...

Highlander (6 books)
  • Highlander In Her Bed (Highlander, #1)
  • Tall, Dark and Kilted (Highlander #3)
  • Some Like it Kilted (Highlander #4)
  • Must Love Kilts (Highlander, #5)
  • Haunted Warrior (Highlander, #6)
Highlander In Her Bed (Highlander, #1) Must Love Kilts (Highlander, #5) Some Like it Kilted (Highlander #4) Tall, Dark and Kilted (Highlander #3) Haunted Warrior (Highlander, #6)