Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury: Holiday Stories to Warm the Heart” as Want to Read:
Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury: Holiday Stories to Warm the Heart

Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury: Holiday Stories to Warm the Heart

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  276 ratings  ·  26 reviews

Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury captures the holiday spirit through an extensive story collection that demonstrates the humor, profound joy, and spiritedness that envelops the holiday season known as Christmas.

Join popular humorist Dave Barry, bestselling author Robert Fulghum, renowned author and lecturer Joan Wester Anderson, among many others, as they re

Published October 7th 2007 by HCI (first published November 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury

Marisa
Chicken soup is always a favorite of mine and these stories are always a sweet story about a family coming closer together or helping ones in need. Which is exactly what Christmas and everyday life is about. So I think not only is this a great book but a good example for everyone out there!
Juergen John Roscher
“Chicken Soup for the Soul – Christmas Treasury” is a compilation of short Christmas stories from many contributors (authors). It has sections in the collection about “The True Meaning of Christmas”, “The Spirit of Giving”, “Yuletide Memories”, “Holiday Traditions”, Boughs, Holly, and Mistle … Aneous”. Each section has a few Christmas stories that fit into the section theme.

I found most of the Christmas stories to be okay but a few of the stories were fantastic, especially the following:
• The La
Nancy
This is not great literature, but a perfect ‘feel-good’ book to read for the holidays, sort of like watching a Hallmark movie. I particularly enjoyed the more classic additions, like rereading “The Gift of the Magi” by O. Henry and “An Account of a Visit by St. Nicholas” by Clement Moore along with the background of how this well-known poem was written back in 1822. Besides the heart-warming stories and essays covering not just Christian but Jewish traditions, there are numerous humorous pieces ...more
♥Xeni♥
I still own a copy of this book, thanks to my 7th grade history teacher, Mr. Almryde (sp?). He lent me his copy and I accidently-on-purpose still have it. :S Oops.

Still, I really adore the Chicken Soup books. They have such uplifting stories. Even if there is an occasional sad one in them, there is always a lesson to be learned, or something to be gained from reading it!! I really miss that on a lot of published fiction.

The Christmas Treasury is a great one to read during the holiday season. I
Deyanne
A feel good book...heartwarming, religious stories for the most part. Should be something here for everyone.
Barbara Repan
This was the first Chicken Soup book I read and I enjoyed the short stories. Some are funny, some inspiring, some sad.
Julie
I was hoping this book would get me in the Christmas spirit...it was mostly terrible.

1. If being poor for Christmas makes you learn the true meaning of love and Christmas, why does everybody keep asking me for money?
2. Some of the charity recipients had a lot of dignity and gave the stuff away.
3. I LOVED the story, though, about the woman who was giving with an "uncheerful" heart...and God showed her how He used it to bless a little girl. That made the book worthwhile...kind of.
Britz
Suka semua edisi Chicken Soup. Walaupun ini edisi Natal (aku tidak merayakan Natal), tetapi ceritanya tetap menyentuh dan membuatku merenung, karena agamaku (dan agama lainnya) pasti mengajarkan hal yang sama dengan yang ada dalam cerita ini. Apalagi di bab tentang Semangat Memberi. Aduh, rasanya aku masih jauh banget dari semangat itu. Aku masih suka mikir-mikir kalau mau memberi. Semoga semakin sering baca Chicken Soup secara tak sadar sudah menata hatiku untuk menjadi lebih baik. Amin... ^_^
Kirei
This is a book of very short stories filled with Christmas spirit.

For some odd reason, I had assumed the Chicken Soup for the Soul series was secular, but it definitely is not. Many of the stories are religious.
Pitterpat
These are heartwarming Christmas stories which I enjoyed. I rated it 4 because in one section several stories were similar and I had to force myself to continue to get to more orginal stories.
Karin
Great read for the month of December when I don't have time to get sucked into a full book. Lots of quick short stories that motivate you to remember the true spirit of Christmas.
Amber
Not exactly what I was looking for. I didn't realize the stories would be religious. And listen, I'm incredibly sappy but wow, even this made me groan.
Deb Sharp
I read this book a few years ago and loved it so much I bought a copy for my mother and also for my son's Teacher.
Tammy
Love, Love, Love this book. Had to keep the tissues handy for those stories that got me all choked up.
Meghan
Oct 18, 2007 Meghan rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: non-fiction
This book has many touching stories. The Chicken Soup for the Soul books are really good.
Mary
Dec 20, 2009 Mary marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I marked this book by mistake I have another Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas book.
Shari
Nice compilation of Christmas stories. Some made me laugh, some made me cry.
Alberta
Inspirational storys and some cartoons about the Christmas season.
Linda
A great book to receive as gift during this special time of year.
Linda
Just reread this again during the pre Christmas season...
Merceda
Decent stories. Many of them were from years ago.

Theresa Meyer
I am enjoing the Christmas season and all of its gifts.
Margrit
pengalaman natal setiap orang berbeda2. love it
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Sweet stories to warm your heart at Christmas.
Sheila
Makes me feel all "Christmasy".

Becky
Kelly K Williams
Kelly K Williams marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
  • How to Take the Grrrr Out of Anger
  • Cries of the Spirit: More Than 300 Poems in Celebration of Women's Spirituality
  • Taste Berries for Teens: Inspirational Short Stories and Encouragement on Life, Love, Friendship and Tough Issues
  • Taking Stock
  • Eight Tales of Terror
  • Hawk's Way: Callen & Zach: The Headstrong Bride\The Disobedient Bride
  • My King The President
  • On Grandma's Porch: Stories and True Facts about Growing up Southern in the Good Old Days
  • Crow's Landing
  • Hadiah Terindah (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Mackenzies Bundle: Mackenzie's Mountain / Mackenzie's Mission / Mackenzie's Pleasure / A Game of Chance
  • Friendship Cake (Hope Springs #1)
  • Wedding Bell Blues
  • Virginia
  • Jennifer Crusie Bundle: Welcome to Temptation/ Fast Women/ Faking It
  • Central Park (Austen Series, #3)
  • A Very NASCAR Holiday (Colby Agency, #35)
  • Hope Again

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)