Start by marking “Curious George and the Hot Air Balloon” as Want to Read:
Curious George and the Hot Air Balloon

Curious George and the Hot Air Balloon (Curious George New Adventures)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  339 ratings  ·  24 reviews
While on vacation, George and the man with the yellow hat stop to see Mt. Rushmore. There's no time to take a helicopter ride for a close-up view - the hot air balloon races are about to start! Whisked up and away at the races, a surprised George gets a close-up view of the presidents after all.
Published October 26th 1998 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George and the Hot Air Balloon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George and the Hot Air Balloon

Neha Amin
Review: This is a fun and cute Curious George story just like all the others in this series. I particularly like this one because it is full of adventure. I personally always wanted to fly in a hot air balloon. This story also features some historical places such as Mount Rushmore.

Margret and H.A Reys Facts: This is a couple who wrote and illustrated children's books. They are famously known for writing and illustrating the Curious George series. Their first book was "Cecily G. and the Nine Mon
Liz
I have to read this book 10 times a day to my son. When I try to read him ANY OTHER book, he WAILS!
Grammatical errors and crappy storytelling aside, how can it not be amazing when my 2 year old demands I read to him?
Sarah Sammis
The Curious George stories are so formulaic that any one can tell a story in style of of Margret and H. A. Rey. The Man in the Yellow Hat (TMYH) has a chore, job, business trip, etc that takes him and of course George somewhere new. TMYH of course then is called away on some emergency or has to leave for some reason, leaving George to his own devices. After an initial series of goof-ups, everything works out for George and he ends up a better monkey for the ordeal.

The original series that can a
Asho
My two-year-old is very into Curious George right now and picks out a few "George books" whenever we go to the library. This is one of the better ones he has picked out so far. It's the usual George story: he gets curious about something and gets into mischief that actually ends up being helpful. My little boy is a fan of balloons and helicopters, so this story is appealing. He prefers Curious George and the Puppies, but I think this one is better.
Lashae Rhodes
The author used the craft of playfulness with time by telling the story in chronicle order. On almost every page there was a phrase or a word connecting the event to the next thing that was to occur. The only thing that made it get off course was the observation of the main character, but that too lead up to the next thing to come.
I like how the author used the craft, the excitement of the event went from nonfiction information or fiction, and gradually became exciting. Everything was from the
Loren Max
Curious George and the hot air balloon
By Margret & H.A. Rey’s
(Classic Picture Book)
How can you go wrong with Curious George! That darn monkey is always getting into trouble. I have always liked these books, they are easy for youngsters to understand and the books are always at a high entertainment level. The illustrations are kept simple but not so much that they become boring. It’s been a long time since I have read any of these stories but I can see a great amount of educational value in
Alexa David
Curious George and the Hot Air Balloon is a story about a monkey named George that gets into some mischief when he accidentally take a ride on a hot air balloon white visiting Mt. Rushmore. The illustrations are colorful and descriptive. They are a great addition to the text. H.A. Rey and Vipah Interactive do a thorough job at depicting exactly what George is thinking and/or feeling. Curious George and the Hot Air Balloon would be a neat book to read to younger elementary aged students.
Rebekah
Don't know where goodreads got the description but his has nothing to do with an animal shelter. Yet again, the man in the yellow hat thinks George won't get into trouble. At least this time he genuinely helps someone, and not because he first got that person into trouble. And as with "In the Snow", it's in the Rey's style, not by them.
Deanna Mcdonough
This story is good for younger readers. The font is bigger, so that a child's finger could fit under each word to help them read. The pictures are bright and fun. George is a very curious monkey. George show that even smiple curiousity can lead to an adventure.
Kelly Whelchel
Fiction

Great read aloud to start to introduce the presidents that are carved out of the mountain in South Dekato. Good read for presidents. Also a good read when needing to buy some times.
Rianabay
Read this to my baby brother last night so he could go to sleep. <3
Sam
Curious George and BALOON!

(Curious George is automatic, slam-dunk 5 star all the time, 6 days a week and twice on Sundays)

Ryu Tri
Gak pernah bosen baca Curious George! Ngikutin kisah George semuanya seru! Love u, George! The stories so much fun!
Maren
Looks like I finally have a kid who likes Curious George! This was Quinn's first, and he LOVED it.
Megan
George's curiosity predictably gets him into trouble, but everything turns out alright in the end.
Barbara
Personally I find Curious George boring but the 3 and 5-year-olds seemed to like it.
Theresa
continues the story of the cute little monkey who moves to the city
Shala Howell
Made me want to go to South Dakota. Go figure.
Indah Threez Lestari
303 - 2013

Dibeli untuk koleksi TBA.
Amanda
very cute, like all curious geroge
Dimps
One of my childhood favorites. :)
Jessie
I loved Curious George.
Camille Diemont
Camille Diemont marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Jeff
Jeff added it
Jan 27, 2015
  • Curious George's Are You Curious?
  • The Magic School Bus in the Time of the Dinosaurs (The Magic School Bus, #6)
  • Little Mommy
  • Tacky and the Emperor
  • Froggy Rides a Bike
  • A Crack in the Track (Bright & Early Board Books)
  • My Goodnight Book
  • Grandma, Grandpa, and Me
  • Dogs Don't Wear Sneakers
  • Summer (Beginner Books)
  • The Jolly Barnyard
  • Countdown to Kindergarten
  • Boo!
  • Planes Board Book
  • Mooncake
  • Franklin Fibs
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium
  • Curious George and the Dump Truck
  • Curious George Goes Fishing
  • Curious George at the Fire Station
  • Curious George at the Ballet
The Complete Adventures of Curious George Curious George Goes to the Hospital Curious George Visits the Library Curious George Visits the Zoo Curious George Flies a Kite