Start by marking “The Restorer's Journey” as Want to Read:
The Restorer's Journey

The Restorer's Journey (The Sword of Lyric #3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  17 reviews
When a foreign threat invades their comfortable home, Susan and Jake soon find themselves drawn back through the portal to the world of the People of the Verses. Now Susan will struggle to love a people who have become her captors, while Jake suffers a tragic betrayal and discovers his destiny as the next Restorer.
Published January 29th 2008 by NavPress

To ask other readers questions about The Restorer's Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Restorer's Journey

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisThe Orb of Truth by Brae WyckoffThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Christian Fantasy
88th out of 331 books — 492 voters
Moonblood by Anne Elisabeth StenglThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisTraphis by James D. MaxonHeartless by Anne Elisabeth StenglStarflower by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
Redeeming Fantasy
27th out of 45 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Ron
Sep 15, 2008 Ron rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: fantasy
Had the potential to be the best of the Sword of Lyric series, but not as well developed. Perhaps it was rushed to print.
Rebekah
This book was a wonderful conclusion to an amazing trilogy. It wasn't my favorite book out of the three (No Kieran!), but it was still great at tying up the story. I loved how the Rhusicans got some humanity and depth like the Hazorites in the last book. I don't like purely evil characters because there's usually more to it than that. That situation was a great depiction of just doing what God tells you to do even if you do not get to see the effects of His influence in their lives. Long after S ...more
Sarah Elisabeth
Still spinning from the shock of arc enemies loose in their own world, Mark, Susan and Jake try to come to terms with their recent experiences, and more importantly, the near future.

Nothing prepares them for the horrors that lay ahead. Forced back into another world, Susan faces mental torture that’s impossible to comprehend, yet feels frighteningly familiar. Jake faces dragons from his past, and learns real life challenges in the world of Lyric are nothing like the fairy tales of glory he once
Lacy Williams
Mar 01, 2008 Lacy Williams rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all
Shelves: great-reads
The Restorer’s Journey
By Sharon Hinck
Navpress

Reviewed by Lacy J. Williams for novelinspirations.com

At the end of The Restorer’s Son, Susan, Marc and Jake Mitchell have just returned to their home from Lyric, following closely on the heels of Cameron and Media who have somehow managed to slip through the portal unnoticed.

The Restorer’s Journey opens a few weeks later, with Susan watching over her shoulder for the bad guys that haven’t yet shown their faces. Unfortunately for her, they do show up
Diane
The third one in the series: I didn't think things could be worse in Lyric, but they are! And that makes it wonderful for Hinck's readers as they watch the characters squirm!

Now Susan and Mark's son is the Restorer---and nothing is going right. Anything he does is wrong. Nor can Mark come to the rescue: he's stuck in our world, and the gate won't open for him!

Nor is it well for Susan, captured by dreadful people who play with minds, and torture their prisoners. How is she going to get through
Sofia
I was a little disappointed because my favourite characters didn't appear in it at all, but overall it was a really good finish to this series. I only wish there were more....
Marian Baay
AWESOME - the complete series are SO worth reading!
Erin
A new Restorer bursts onto the scene without friend or ally in the wrap-up of this adventurous trilogy. The world of Lyric is much changed since we last visited, deceived by Cameron and the return of the Rhusicans. What is truth? Whether hiding from the corrupted king's men, fighting off enemy nations or trusting God for survival in a prison cell, our much-loved characters face their own weaknesses and the overwhelming love and leading of God no matter the circumstances.
Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
This one was really good too, and I hope that Sharon makes more books in this series. I was a tad=bit frusterated with it because it didn't have my favoritest character, but other than that it was wonderful, and I couldn't stop reading it.
Joanne
Better than #2 in the series, continues the adventures of a suburban U.S. family caught up the conflicts of an alternative universe. Not as schmaltzy as most Christian fiction.
Magma
Mar 02, 2008 Magma rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fantasy and/or scifi and or adventure lovers
Very good book. I loved the way the trilogy ended. I am completely satisfied with it. SOOOO GOOOODDDDD! and I love the bonus content at the ends of these books.
Suse Michelle
Sharon Hinck is an amazing writer and truth rings through her writing. Once again another amazing chapter in the life of the Restorers.
Carol Arrizza
Book 3, and then it was over ... I could have read more this is a great series I strongly recommend it if you can find it!!!
Jenna
I really enjoyed the first book in the series, but the latter two books did not grip me as the first one did.
Linda
Good final book of the series. Love the characters.
Andrewsmiths
great book for sharon hink
Ambur
Ambur marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Nathan D
Nathan D marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Hexe
Hexe marked it as to-read
Katie Harder-schauer
Katie Harder-schauer marked it as to-read
Nicole Silva
Nicole Silva marked it as to-read
Eric Olsen
Eric Olsen marked it as to-read
Jae Park
Jae Park marked it as to-read
Jonathon
Jonathon marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Nikki Marie
Nikki Marie marked it as to-read
Nicole Mathias
Nicole Mathias marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
  • All My Holy Mountain (Binding of the Blade, #5)
  • The Secret of the Swamp King (The Wilderking Trilogy #2)
  • Venom and Song (The Berinfell Prophecies, #2)
  • The Shadow Within (Legends of the Guardian-King, #2)
  • To Darkness Fled (Blood of Kings, #2)
  • Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)
  • The Book of Names (Legends of Karac Tor, #1)
  • Rise of the Dibor
  • Kestrel's Midnight Song
  • Judge (Books of the Infinite, #2)

Sharon writes "stories for the hero in all of us" - uplifting and entertaining novels about ordinary people called to extraordinary challenges.

She's won several Carol awards for both contemporary Christian fiction and fantasy, and was a Christy finalist for The Restorer - a genre-blending adventure of a soccer-mom in an alternate world.

When she isn’t wrestling with words
More about Sharon Hinck...
The Restorer (Sword of Lyric Series #1) The Restorer's Son (The Sword of Lyric #2) Stepping Into Sunlight The Secret Life of Becky Miller Renovating Becky Miller