Start by marking “Of Course You're Angry: A Guide to Dealing with the Emotions of Substance Abuse” as Want to Read:
Of Course You're Angry: A Guide to Dealing with the Emotions of Substance Abuse

Of Course You're Angry: A Guide to Dealing with the Emotions of Substance Abuse

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  3 reviews

Though we may not like to admit it, all of us get angry. At times we feel irked, exasperated, irritated, resentful, even enraged. Anger is a normal and healthy human emotion; learning to acknowledge and express it appropriately, however, especially for those in early recovery, is another story.

First published in 1985, this timely revision of the best-selling Hazelden titl

Paperback, Second Edition, 144 pages
Published March 5th 1997 by Hazelden (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Of Course You're Angry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Course You're Angry

James
An update of the 1985 book - a great resource for people struggling with anger management, especially if it's related to use of alcohol or other drugs, and for their families. Like these authors' book Here Comes the Sun, which addresses depression, this is a practical and solution-oriented work that provides clear information about how anger works and what people can do about it when it becomes a problem.
Kate
It will be one of the books that I will get back to for reference, it's an exercise book to me and I placed lot's of stickers where I can really relate with my emotions and learn to deal with them. Made me happy I am not the worse that I can be, but with lot's of room to improve.
Joielechong
great book about managing your anger and angry. even though this book focusing angry management for ex-addicted people, most part of its advices is applicable for non-addicted.
Cutie Canesares
Cutie Canesares marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Sarah Winiecki
Sarah Winiecki marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Cheyenne
Cheyenne is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Jim Bender
Jim Bender marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2012
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2012
Mattymatt184
Mattymatt184 marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2011
Janel Quakenbush
Janel Quakenbush is currently reading it
Feb 08, 2011
Ticia
Ticia marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2010
Here Comes The Sundealing With Depression Of Course You're Angry Second Edition Of Course You're Angry Strong Choices, Weak Choices: The Challenge Of Change In Recovery Drinking, Drugs & Driving