Start by marking “What Shat That?: A Pocket Guide to Poop Identity” as Want to Read:
What Shat That?: A Pocket Guide to Poop Identity

What Shat That?: A Pocket Guide to Poop Identity

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Ideal for any nature lover or backyard biologist, WHAT SHAT THAT? is an original and insightful survey of the substance that—like it or not—unites every living creature, from your pet dog to the African elephant.The fifty entries found here cover a range of mammals, birds, lizards, and even fish, including common domestic creatures as well as wild and exotic species. Full- ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Ten Speed Press (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about What Shat That?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Shat That?

Stiff by Mary RoachSalt by Mark KurlanskyEats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne TrussThe Professor and the Madman by Simon WinchesterThe Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
You Read a Book about What?
317th out of 929 books — 422 voters
Henrietta James by Nerissa N. NordquistEveryone Poops by Taro GomiNever Wipe Your Ass with a Squirrel by Jason RobillardThe Story of the Little Mole Who Went in Search of Whodunit by Werner HolzwarthWhat Shat That? by Matt Pagett
Best Poop Books!
5th out of 11 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Ryan Helton
A hanukah present from my aunt and uncle, this book takes you through the ins and outs of poop. It is funny, practical and best of all perfect bathroom reading. It's also an excellent conversation piece and believe it or not has great references.
Meredith Stranges
I can't recall exactly how long it took to read this book. We got it for Christmas. As you can imagine, it is parked next to the loo, so it gets read in instalments. It's quite amusing and has lots of interesting facts about poo, but unfortunately half the illustrations are sketches and not photos. This is weird. Surely, between the Internet and a worldwide network of zoos, the author could have tracked down actual photos of cougar shit and aardvark poop?
Lana
Mar 11, 2015 Lana added it
Shelves: book-crossing
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Tori
This book was hilarious yet informative. I picked it up at the store several years ago and took it home. I live in the city so the odds of me ever seeing the majority of the "BM's" in this book are not very likely. The pictures and /or illustrations are perfect for anyone who lives amongst more wildlife than a city dweller or for those involved in a lot of outdoor adventures. I loved this book.
John
This should be charming, or diverting, but it mostly is a mishmash of mangled sentences and sophomoric humor. And afterward, you won't be able to identify anything other than the reason for your wasted time. Thankfully, it does not take much longer to read it than it does to do it.
KP
not to copy off of Joe-- but my brother, Kevin, bought this book this summer in Idaho and gave it to his girlfriend, Perry. I read it three times and it told us a lot, but we saw a lot of Bison book and that was not in this book! I suggest this book to read!
Meaghan
An amusing, informative and surprisingly not gross little booklet on animal poop. It would be fun to take along on a walk through the woods, to see if you can identify any little critters based on their poo.
Savina King
Intriguing book, so much to learn about in this book and no, it's not crap!.
ginny hilli
ginny hilli marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Salmon
Salmon marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Benn Marine
Benn Marine marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Suvi Ahonen
Suvi Ahonen marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
David T
David T marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Jeff
Jeff is currently reading it
Aug 29, 2014
Halley Basche
Halley Basche marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Tin
Tin marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Sisay Deneke
Sisay Deneke marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Collette Lauzau
Collette Lauzau marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Best Dance Moves in the World - Ever!: 100 New and Classic Moves and How to Bust Them Make Your Own Sex Toys: 50 Quick and Easy Do-It-Yourself Projects Sketching and Drawing Habitus Disgustica: The Encyclopedia of Annoying, Rude, and Unpleasant Behavior Vehicle Maintenance For Women