Start by marking “Tuey's Course (Prairie Winds Golf Course)” as Want to Read:
Tuey's Course (Prairie Winds Golf Course)

Tuey's Course (Prairie Winds Golf Course #3)

Racial tension had been building for years near Prairie Winds Golf Course on the east side of St. Louis. In 2007, black businessman, Tuey O'Tweety faced the brunt of the discrimination.

Can the game of golf resolve the issue?

Life becomes even more difficult for Tuey when the frustrations of harassment become a daily nuisance. Corrupt politicians, manipulated city hall emp
Published November 4th 2013 by Xlibris (first published January 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Tuey's Course, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tuey's Course

Barbaramilbourn
Jul 23, 2010 Barbaramilbourn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the first book in the Prairie Winds series, Lifetime Loser, author James Ross shows his penchant for exposing the bad guys—those unscrupulous and unsavory among us in the fields of real estate, law, accounting, and governance who play dirty politics and prey upon the well-intended but not-overly-astute average Joe. In Tuey’s Course, Ross ratchets up the heat and widens the gap between the haves and have-nots, shining a glaring light on a wider-than-you’d imagine ring of greed, power, and ...more
Susie
Mar 16, 2011 Susie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody, ever.
As someone who doesn't work for Mr. Ross (see Barbara Milbourne and that first Sarah up there), or someone who hasn't received a free copy of this book and traded links with Mr. Ross (Sherry), I can give a more objective viewpoint of this book, I think.

First, I will share a few passages (which can be found on Mr. Ross's own website, so I'm not abusing privilege here):

“Uh few uh da guys wanted ta go golfin’,” Tuey responded as he
walked toward the television set. He lifted his fingers to the blin
Jul 24, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy the opportunity to review more than one work by the same author. I am able to see the evolution of his writing as well as develop a better sense of what he is trying to accomplish through the sharing of his stories and characters. Tuey’s Course is the third book by author James Ross, with his previous publications, Lifetime Loser and Finish Line on the bookshelves last year and earlier this year, respectively. The Prairie Winds Golf Course serves as the consistent backdrop for all ...more
Sherry
Jul 28, 2010 Sherry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tuey’s Course is the 3rd novel in James Ross’ series of 3 that showcase the human spirit, flaws, resilience and frailties using a golf course as a backdrop and plot enhancer. I have already registered my opinion on Ross’ first 2 novels; Lifetime Loser and The Finish Line.

This 3rd novel was not my favorite of the three but that does not mean you should ignore it. Ross again displays his adeptness at showing how the world of golf mirrors life in so many ways. This story is about a hapless and down
Sarah Sammis
Tuey's Course by James Ross is the third of the Prairie Winds Golf Course series. It, though, has little to do with golf (and could use some more).

Tuey is a down and out African American man living in the inner city. He feels he is being targeted by a ruthless cop who is regularly fining him and his business for things that other businesses seem to get away with. When he can't get a fair hearing or even a sympathetic ear, he's driven to extreme measures.

I read the book against the context of som
P.S. Winn
Apr 20, 2016 P.S. Winn rated it liked it
This is the second in the series I have read. This book takes readers back to the Prairie wind Gold course and adds new characters to the others from book one. I found it a bit racist, but I think that may have been the author's point.Anyway, the book is an interesting look at people and the times we live in. I am going to read one more in this series. I think I liked this one a bit less than the first and hoping number three may be the lucky chair of the bunch.
James Ross
Jul 15, 2010 James Ross rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Mark Twain, a distant relative, was a master of dialect. This is my attempt to portray various ethnic groups.
Jeané Sashi
Jeané Sashi rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2014
sally lewis
sally lewis rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2010
Bree
Bree marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2010
Darcy Stewart
Darcy Stewart marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2010
Gia
Gia marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2010
Candice Bundy
Candice Bundy marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
Patricia Tompkins
Patricia Tompkins marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2012
Molly Campbell
Molly Campbell marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Rhonda L.
Rhonda L. marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Kimi
Kimi added it
Apr 12, 2016
I'm a cancer survivor who had something to say. One story has become several novels from fictitious Prairie Winds Golf Course high atop the Mississippi river bluffs just east of St. Louis.

My stories are character-based with the genre being realistic fiction. My writing style utilizes the use of dialogue from an eclectic cast of characters. Aside from the recurring regulars roughly 20 new personali
More about James Ross...

Prairie Winds Golf Course (6 books)
  • Lifetime Loser (Prairie Winds Golf Course)
  • Finish Line (Prairie Winds Golf Course)
  • Opur's Blade (Prairie Winds Golf Course)
  • Pabby's Score
  • Shari's Shot (Prairie Winds Golf Course #6)