Start by marking “Queen of Christmas” as Want to Read:
Queen of Christmas

Queen of Christmas (Ann Estelle Stories)

Ann Estelle is very busy working on The List. The Queen of Christmas knows there's nothing more important! How else can she get all the things she really wants?

As the Christmas countdown moves along, there's so much for the Queen to do! Sledding, baking, singing, trimming the tree . . . Ann Estelle wants to enjoy every minute. But will she manage to get The List finished i
Published September 21st 2004 by Harpercoll (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Christmas

Shelly Hammond
Nov 29, 2015 Shelly Hammond rated it it was amazing
Queen of Christmas is one of those books that can be read every year (a few times if you'd like) without getting sick of it. Of course, the beautiful illustrations don't hurt there either.

Although the story is... well, it's one that I'd say is just a little above ok, the story along with the illustrations really make the book earn that five star rating. The little girl has one heck of a list, and the end sort of wraps that up. I won't give the end away so I'll just leave it there so you can read
Cara Farmer
I read this book and was so excited. I had never seen this in a book store which is crazy because I am very drawn to anything involving Mary Engelbreit. When I first started it I was worried that it was going to be the story of a selfish little girl, but it turned into a very pleasant surprise. The illustrations were absolutely beautiful. They added so much to the story. This would be a great story to read counting to Christmas. It is a great read a loud book. I loved it and the best part is ...more
Cathi
Dec 24, 2015 Cathi rated it really liked it
Despite Ann Estelle's greediness and fantasies about all the things that would make her life better, she really is quite sweet, and this story is a heartwarming and enjoyable. The backward counting (7-6-5-4-3-2-1) is always fun for kids in stories leading up to a big event, and the sweet story and delightful illustrations are perfect. This book will definitely go to my younger daughter someday because Ann Estelle looks much like she did as a little girl (short blonde hair in a blunt cut, ...more
Natalie
Dec 23, 2010 Natalie rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
We love this book. There are always a million things that could be done and something could always be better... it reminds us to keep it in check and just enjoy. Our book also came with paper dolls in the back, fun.
Jennifer Hughes
Dec 12, 2013 Jennifer Hughes rated it it was ok
I love Mary Engelbreit's illustrations, but this story of a selfish little girl who only thought of what she wanted to ask for for Christmas didn't work for me. I think my daughter liked it ok though.
Katrina Sutton
Aug 06, 2011 Katrina Sutton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bedtime-stories, own
I got this book from the school I was working at. They were handing them out as Christmas gifts. I read it to my children and found this book enchanting and the pictures blew me away. My daughter loves these type of books.
Jaime
Jun 25, 2012 Jaime rated it it was amazing
My daughter Ella loves this book and all other Mary Engelbreit books. The stories are always cute & sweet. The the artwork is vintage looking and great! This one is here favorite out of the series because she just loves Christmas! :) She just loved the paper dolls that came with this book!
Sara
Dec 18, 2014 Sara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-list
This book is on our Christmas Reading List Tradition! We love the cute illustrations. And there's a good message in it too!
Diana
Dec 06, 2015 Diana rated it liked it
I love Mary Engelbreit's art, and this story is adorable and sweet. After counting down the days to Christmas and adding many things to The List, Ann Estelle discovers a wonderful thing.
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2009
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2010
Tami
Tami rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2010
Em
Em rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2013
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2016
Kristen Jorgensen
Kristen Jorgensen rated it it was ok
Jan 05, 2009
Michael Dellosa
Michael Dellosa rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2011
Ilean
Ilean rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2009
Morgan
Morgan rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2012
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2012
April T. Verne
April T. Verne rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Emily Lund
Emily Lund rated it did not like it
Dec 14, 2015
Emma Simmons
Emma Simmons rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Yara
Yara rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2008
Julia
Cute story and good message about appreciating Christmas without obsessing about presents.
Mariana
Mariana rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2009
STEPHANIE
STEPHANIE rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2008
Rebecca Durham sagoe
Rebecca Durham sagoe rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2014
Sunshine ♥
Sunshine ♥ rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
19054
Mary Engelbreit grew up studying the illustrations in the vintage storybooks of her mother’s childhood, and she developed a unique style that harkens back to those simpler times. Mary’s distinctive images have made her a celebrity to millions, who eagerly snap up gift items, calendars, books, fabrics, and more.

Mary’s New York Times bestselling The Night Before Christmas is part of the holiday trad
More about Mary Engelbreit...

Ann Estelle Stories (6 books)
  • Queen of Hearts (Ann Estelle Stories)
  • Queen of Halloween
  • Queen of Easter
  • Queen of the Class (Ann Estelle Stories)
  • Fun and Games with Ann Estelle