Start by marking “Timeless Moments (Timeless Moments, #1)” as Want to Read:
Timeless Moments (Timeless Moments, #1)

Timeless Moments (Timeless Moments)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  430 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Paige St. Claire is a survivor. After battling breast cancer and suffering through a painful divorce, she is working on rebuilding a simple, uncomplicated life. Quite by accident, she stumbles across a link to her past that will forever change her future—the M.I.A./P.O.W. bracelet she wore as a teenager. Paige wonders if the soldier ever made it home.

Dalton McNamara did re
Published August 28th 2003 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Timeless Moments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Timeless Moments

Tamera Westhoff
Jan 25, 2012 Tamera Westhoff rated it it was amazing
This one is absolutely gripping! It's about Paige, who got breast cancer and her selfish husband couldn't handle it, so he divorced her! Leaving her to fend for herself and her son (who was in high school)! Mad craziness! Luckily, she had her best friend who gave her a MIA/POW bracelet when she was 16, which leads her to write to the soldier's family and when her son finds out about it as they're going through stuff before he leaves for college, he makes her promise to write them and see if he w ...more
Kristen
Feb 17, 2016 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story moves right along and doesn't waste time with a lot of extra-fluffy-fill-in stuff. A wonderful story about rediscovering one's past, following one's heart, and finding love in the unlikeliest of places. I can't wait to read the second book in the series.
Lorie
Aug 25, 2013 Lorie rated it really liked it
TIMELESS MOMENTS by Michelle Ashman Bell. 4 STARS

This is a fairly predictable Mormon romance, but with a mature twist that lifts it above the usual A-B-C plotline:

The main characters are older, in their 40s, have both suffered the loss of spouses to death or divorce, and struggle with the challenges of less-than-wise teenage children. Added to that, the hero has PTSD and an artificial leg. The heroine is a breast cancer survivor with a mastectomy. Viola! We have mature people with real and rath
Crystal
Apr 08, 2008 Crystal rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book as well as it's sequel Forget Me Not because, at least for me, it was not only easy, enjoyable reading, but it was very educational. I learned more about Vietnam--both the war and the country--as well as seeing more into the life of a breast-cancer survivor. It reminded me a lot of and Anita Stansfield novel, although instead of learning more about abuse, etc., I learned more about history. The normal things about Anita Stansfield novels drove me crazy in this book, to ...more
Mollie
Aug 04, 2011 Mollie rated it it was ok
Ok. I just finished an installment in a fantasy series and all I have next to my bed are other fantasy books - can't start them until I finish this other series (Or I get characters confused). I found this one under my bed - my gram is a big fan of LDS lit and enjoyed it and sent it to me...

Oh man, it is a shameless (although clean) romance. All kinds of angst, emotional and physical baggage, troubled children etc etc etc

Mostly crap (I am not a romance fan, sorry if you are) but I read it in a d
Sep 27, 2014 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, lds, lds-author
This is still a little cheesy but not as bad as some. The Vietnam P.O.W and breast cancer survivor aspects of the story kept me interested.
Susan
Jul 22, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
I always enjoy a Michele Ashman Bell story. You know there will be a happy ending. Paige and Dalton have a mature relationship which made it an interesting read.
Shayne
May 09, 2011 Shayne rated it really liked it
This book has a good story behind it. And I liked the story. I was also grateful that the perspective of the returned war veteran was positive. This is the first of 2 books and I liked this one better than the sequel. Just my personal opinion. As always, Michele focuses on the family and friendships and their importance and struggles. She does a great job here of teaching a lot in a little space of time. Michele tells a great tale without going overboard. I think you'll enjoy this one.
Heather
Jan 22, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed re-reading this book and thought it had a strong, unique plot and interesting characters. My one critique is that I think Bell's writing style could be stronger, especially her description. (Example: she describes shrimp as being "grilled to perfection". This would have had more impact if she'd described it more, i.e., "the shrimp was tantalizingly spicy").(Grade: "B.")
Shellie
Jul 05, 2013 Shellie rated it liked it
Cute story. Paige is a divorced mother who has survived breast cancer. Dalton is a Lieutenant from the Vietnam War who survived a prison camp. As a teen, Paige wore Dalton's POW/MIA bracelet even though she did not know him. Years later, Dalton and Paige meet up and their story of heartache and healing begins.
Sherrie
Oct 30, 2008 Sherrie rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and it's sequel Forget me Not. I listened to both of them via Audiobook while driving in the car. The reader did an awesome job! I enjoyed the story line and couldn't wait to get back in the car and listen some more. I recommend to anyone!
Connie
Jun 20, 2011 Connie rated it liked it
As I read this book, I thought I had already read it, but discovered that I read "Forget Me Not", which is the second book with the same characters. I would like to have read them in the right order.
Chelsea
Jun 18, 2009 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
This book was great. I don't know if I was just emotional, or related well with it, but I sure cried through a lot of it. It has everything I like in a book, military, religion, and romance. Loved it!
Andrea
Feb 28, 2010 Andrea rated it liked it
This was better than the other book I read of Michele Ashman Bell's. The storyline was interesting, but something was lacking. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for her writing style or something.
Apr 21, 2009 Lisa rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this love story. As a person that has been divorced and wonders what a future relationship could be it was nice to read how she over came her fears and found love again.
Verona
Jun 11, 2012 Verona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story had substance to it. The characters were interesting and had unusual backgrounds that made for a good story. It was not just a romance, but a story of healing and growing.
Gayle
Jun 01, 2011 Gayle rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
3.5 stars. Another book (LDS fiction) borrowed from my mom -- this was a story about a Vietnam veteran and the girl who wore his MIA/POW bracelet as a teenager meeting 30 years later.
Heidi
Sep 01, 2008 Heidi rated it it was amazing
I liked the way that people's life came together in this book. I found that the healing process of the lives in this book was a great journey to take with them.
Jul 05, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I give it a thumbs up!!! Very good book...I liked it even it the coincidences were pretty far fetched for me...I had to look past that aspect of the story.
Dianna
Jun 26, 2008 Dianna rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction
This was pretty good, I really enjoyed it, but it is kinda cheesy..... but definitely a feel good, be a survivor, have faith kinda book. A good read!
Michelle
May 14, 2009 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: lds
Interesting, but the writing was stilted at times. I liked that the main character was an 'older' woman, not a young 20-something.
Val Stevenson
Jul 29, 2009 Val Stevenson rated it liked it
Kind of cheesy love story about M.I.A. Vietnam soldier. Good books (I read the sequel, too) to read while on vacation...which I was.
Tori
Feb 05, 2009 Tori rated it it was amazing
I love the whole story with Dalton. I even got my husband into reading this one and the other sequal to it. WONDERFUL!!!
Jeni
Jan 11, 2009 Jeni rated it liked it
A fast, easy read with some historical events from Vietnam set in a fictional story. A love story. I enjoyed it.
Ryanjuliep
Apr 25, 2009 Ryanjuliep rated it it was amazing
This book really illustrates what the soldiers went through in Vietnam as well as a love story mixed in with it.
Gayle
Apr 28, 2012 Gayle rated it really liked it
Reminded me of my POW bracelet I wore in High School and the helicopters flying over FT. Walters, TX.
Nancy
Feb 21, 2013 Nancy rated it really liked it
A really good story about forgiving and letting go. Kept my interest and moved along.
Kay Pierce
May 14, 2009 Kay Pierce rated it really liked it
Very good book. I enjoyed it because it parallels some events in my life.
E.A.
Apr 27, 2011 E.A. rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
I thought it was a cute story. I liked the characters and enjoyed reading it.
Kim
Nov 11, 2009 Kim rated it really liked it
I really enjoy safe books - no bad language and a good story.
  • Chance Encounter
  • No Time for Love
  • Lost and Found
  • Closing in
  • Timeless Waltz (Keane-Morrison Family Saga, #1)
  • Above Suspicion (Haggerty Mystery, #3)
  • At the Journey's End
I grew up in St. George, Utah, where a lot of my family still lives, but now reside with my husband and family in the Salt Lake City area. My favorite thing to do is support my kids in their many interests. Between basketball, ballet and piano lessons we squeeze a lot into a week, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
More about Michele Ashman Bell...

Timeless Moments (2 books)
  • Forget Me Not (Timeless Moments, #2)