The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord

The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  781 ratings  ·  56 reviews
"If you want to know the secret to a fulfilling life as a lady, if you want to know how to strengthen your relationship with your love, and most of all, if you want to establish a stronger fellowship with your Lord, then this book is for you. Bishop T. D. Jakes is a breath of fresh air as he shares important principles with every woman desiring to live a more positive and...more
Published July 1st 2000 by Berkley Trade (first published 1998)

Rachel
The Lady. T.D.'s insight into the female psyche is uncanny. I know not every woman is going to relate to every aspect he pinpoints, but I've been hard-pressed not to find someone I know that he hasn't touched on so far, be it my mother, my sister, my girl friends, etc. A nice insightful read for the Christian lady. Can't wait to finish! My only wish is that likewise he has written a book regarding The Gentlemen, His Lover, and His Lord. I could use some insight into the male mind! 4 stars

The Lov...more
Elenoa Dolavale
May 26, 2008 Elenoa Dolavale added it
Recommends it for: all young ladies
That life is alll about relationships, meaning three vital relationships firstly with yourself, God and your man. It is a must read for all the ladies out there.

You will the richest woman in the whole world,,,
Mary
Must read for EVERY woman. He's very adept at looking at our internal and external relationships as women. I was taken by surprise by how much insight he had. I would give this as a gift to any female.
Caroline
Ladies are special people and if treated with much care can become the best treasures ever. There are some things a lady can find in only God and therefore gentlemen out there don't try to that place.
Kamryn Adams
I read this back when I was single right after it was released. I still appreciate the insight and credit a lot of the advice to my marital success.
Dana
It was very inspirational and a great guide on how to be a lady of the Lord.
Jemma
I love this book, really good for stuff for women who know Christ :-)
Joyce Edwards
Jun 16, 2008 Joyce Edwards rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ALL WOMEN
this book was very informative
Liz S.
8 combined hours of flying make for great reading time. The content of this book is great. I find the writing style a little distracting because TD Jakes is a wonderful orator but he tends to write in the same way he speaks. He switches from 1st to 2nd to 3rd person from one sentence to the next at times. Nonetheless, a very important read to remind any woman of our own worth, the potential God has built in on the inside of everyone of us, and the fact that regardless of the messages conveyed in...more
Nancy
AMAZING Read!!! I think this book is one of the best Christian books I have ever read. He is so romantic with his words, you fall in love with the idea of becoming a Lady. It encourages you on how to become a woman of virtue, respected, loved. Teaches you how to be a loving wife to your husband. Most importantly having the Lord be the center of your relationship. I woke up today feeling rejuvenated. Grateful to have the man in my life to love me and be my lifetime partner. definite attitude for...more
Kim Brewster
wonderful book very informative, helpful in relationships
Paris Lampkins
Every woman should read this book.
Amanabo Nobility
based on the observation on how many ladies, as the day goes by, are loosing self-esteem, are becoming desperate, and throwing themselves into the arms of men without shame...this is definitely a book to be read- to help you love yourself, adore yourself, respect yourself, appreciate what God has imbedded in you as a lady; this goes to further building a good and right relationship with your lover; and most of all, the place of your Lord as the foundation and covering of your relationship. If yo...more
Morena Caleb
It is a great book that every Christian lady should read. It captivated my attention as all of his books do. It made me take a good hard look at my past. It helped me to understand how God brought me through the death of my mother, father and my husband. It made me come face to face with my Lord. It made me realize that I shoud not look for something in a man that only God can do. It made me come face to face with God as my husband, my lover and as my provider. Great book with a message for the...more
Rehema
The book literally sums up the major relationships in a woman's life and how these relationships affect and work together. Very relatable and well written.
Nosh Nzama
This book is so insightful so far.We have relationships with friends,family,spouses and God.I'm currently reading this book and so far I have understood more the importance of understanding oneself in order nurture existing relationships and make room for new relationships that may present themselves in the future and most importantly understanding that one relationship a lady has with her God..Its one of those books you don't want to put down!
Sonia
Oct 27, 2009 Sonia rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: have
I really didn't have any intention to re-read this book, but during a lull in spirits, I did just that.

I'm not particularly religious, but I do believe in God and I think a lot of the points Jakes makes in this book do hold true regardless of your belief system.

It is female-focused and addresses many of the underlying issues women have with relationships and life in general today.

It is very positive and boosting.
Carmen
Great incite to a troubled past, relationships, wonderful marriage and healing. Made me think more of my husband's feelings more than my own. I am so fortunate to have such a relationship with my Lord and then my Lover. Great book! Keep to reference. I know many woman who could benefit from this book, but I can't control anyone's desire to change. They have to want it for themselves. Thanks for a great book.
Dee
I read this during a time I was battling with self-worth. It gave me peace, understanding and clarity. It taught me how to "draw the line in the sand and say nothing beneath this will do." I embraced myself, rekindled a relationship with God and removed those from my life who were unable to see my worth.
Vanz.thamaini
I loved this book. It rreally helped me come out of a phase in my life when i experienced low self esteem and hurts from my past. I learned who I am and whose I am.
Awesome book for every young lady seeking to know herself and her heavenly Father better!!
Anita
Mar 17, 2010 Anita added it
This is the perfect book for any Christian woman. It was given to me by one of my best friends right before I moved to Arizona. TD Jakes hits everything head on. I was inspired by this book to be the Virtuous Woman I feel that I am. A must have!
Rose
Great read for anyone looking to grow their relationships with their spouse by allowing God to bring healing and restoration in our wounded hearts first and foremost and all else falls in place...
Alana
TD Jakes is an orator extraordinaire. I thought this book was dynamic and explosive in its delivery. It was a good, quality read. I'm glad I have my own copy.
Susan
Jakes is a top-notch writer in the category of self-help books for Christian women. God has really gifted him in this area. I highly recommend this book to every woman.
Andrea
This book came to me during some deep, personal heartbreaks. It delves into the relationship between man and woman, and woman and God. Very humbling and healing.
Emily
This book is and was a inspiration to read. I would recommend this book to all ladies who seek spiritual guidance. I will be reading again.
Thea
Dec 29, 2008 Thea added it
I can truly understand how I can serve my God and the man who he has sent to share my life whilst nurturing my spiritual self.
Kimberly Hicks
I'm a huge fan of TD Jakes, and this book was really insightful and I enjoyed it. I highly recommend this for you to read!
Monique
very refreshing, vitalizing, enriching, & cleansing. has accompanying musical CD & VIDEO CONFERENCE.
Tanjlisa Marie
T.D. Jakes is a great motivational author. This book helped me to know my worth as a woman.
  • How to Hear From God: Learn to Know His Voice and Make the Right Decisions
  • Sassy, Single, & Satisfied
  • Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be: A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life
  • Praying God's Will for Your Life: A Prayerful Walk to Spiritual Well Being
  • Daily Readings from Your Best Life Now: 90 Devotions for Living at Your Full Potential
  • When Christ Comes
  • Faith in the Valley: Lessons for Women on the Journey to Peace
  • Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God
  • The God Chasers: My Soul Follows Hard After Thee
  • Beautiful in God's Eyes
  • Peace with God: The Secret Happiness
  • Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship With God
  • The Bible Promise Book - KJV
Bishop T.D. Jakes is the author of the bestsellers God's Leading Lady; The Lady, Her Lover and Her Lord; Maximize the Moment; The Great Investment; His Lady; Woman, Thou art Loosed (the film of which won the Best Film Award at the Santa Barbara Film Festival) and He-Motions. His daily morning show The Potter's Touch and weekly broadcast The Potter's House air on Trinity Broadcasting Network and Bl...more
More about T.D. Jakes...
Woman, Thou Art Loosed!: Healing the Wounds of the Past Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits Not Easily Broken Let it Go: Forgive So You Can Be Forgiven Cover Girls

“The art of avoiding extremes is an art that is drawn on the canvas of maturity and painted with the abstract strokes of many experiences.” 24 likes
“What woman would not appreciate a God who becomes her attorney, assumes her case, requires no fee, and wins her the victory?” 9 likes