Start by marking “America's God and Country Encyclopedia of Quotations” as Want to Read:
America's God and Country Encyclopedia of Quotations

America's God and Country Encyclopedia of Quotations

Best-selling resource of profound quotes highlighting Amercia's noble heritage. Nearly .250,000 in print! Contains quotes form Presidents, Statesment, Acts of Congress, Supreme Court Decisions, State Constitutions, Colonial Charters, Scientists, Explorers, Pioneers, Business leaders, Military leaders, African-American leaders, Women leaders...Topics include character, virt ...more
Published June 1st 1994 by Amerisearch (first published 1994)

Hannah
Aug 01, 2016 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books, history
A book of references of things our nation's brightest and best have said about God or Christianity. Some were not believers, but still had great respect for the Christian faith. This is a collection of their words.

Excellent, also, as just a regular book of quotes by wise men and women.

There's very little commentary, which I appreciate. A full reference is included in the back of sources for any of those who wish to look up the quotes in a larger context.
Jd Johnson
Oct 16, 2014 Jd Johnson rated it it was amazing
Our founding fathers and others were Christian and it is proved in their quotes.
Philip Hartman
Jan 19, 2013 Philip Hartman rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith, history
Not really a book with a plot or timeline you read from start to finish. This is really a reference book of quotations of famous American historical figures. Some of the quotes give great insight into how famous political, military, other leaders of American society felt about their God and their country.
Chris Walsh
This a tremendous resource that fits my reading style. I can pick it up and read a couple pages while multitasking, and find wonderful Christian nuggets from US History. Great book. Looking forward to hearing him speak on Friday, August 17th at 1 PM at Victory Christian Center here in Tulsa, OK.
Patriot
Aug 27, 2009 Patriot is currently reading it
This book is also one of the BEST, but it's so long I think I will be going through it and through it for the next couple of years, which is good. It's around 700 pages, and it's an encyclopedia of great American quotes, and the author is truly an amazing person!!
Aaron Thompson
May 04, 2013 Aaron Thompson rated it it was amazing
This is a great reference guide of quotations from some of the most influential men and women throughout our nation's history. I have never read an entire reference book from cover to cover, but I did with this one!
Karyn Linnell
Nov 28, 2011 Karyn Linnell rated it it was amazing
This book is AWESOME!!! Because of this book I learned more about George Washington Carver, a man who has become one of my greatest all time heroes. This book is super fascinating, and I love it.
Fred
Jun 16, 2008 Fred rated it liked it
Here's a good quote, "God heals and the doctor takes the fees" --Ben Franklin.

Many good quotes for the appreciative historian.
Chris
May 23, 2016 Chris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious, history, quote
Great reference. Great historical citations relevant to current political climate.
Heather
Aug 06, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing
Beautiful quotes by our founding fathers. It's saddening to see how far we have strayed.
Joel Curtiss
Sep 19, 2009 Joel Curtiss rated it really liked it
Very informative and useful. Both inspiring and challenging.
Beka
Sep 09, 2013 Beka rated it really liked it
A great resource for quotes about America and our Christian heritage.
Gene Schu
Gene Schu marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Edmund Scheffner
Edmund Scheffner rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Arlene Adams-gertsch
Arlene Adams-gertsch is currently reading it
Aug 10, 2016
Wolfy
Wolfy marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Jimmie
Jimmie added it
Jul 07, 2016
Jacob
Jacob marked it as to-read
Jeanette Sease
Jeanette Sease marked it as to-read
Kathleen Chavis
Kathleen Chavis marked it as to-read
Joelle
Joelle added it
Jul 03, 2016
Alona
Alona marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Cecilio Martinez
Cecilio Martinez marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Weston
Weston rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
David Emery McKown
David Emery McKown marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
V.S.
V.S. marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Liberty's Blueprint: How Madison and Hamilton Wrote the Federalist, Defined the Constitution, and Made Democracy Safe for the World
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Presidents: From Wilson to Obama
  • The Causes of the Civil War
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Vietnam War
  • The Founders' Key: The Divine and Natural Connection Between the Declaration and the Constitution and What We Risk by Losing It
  • The Great Game: the Emergence of Wall Street as a World Power 1653-2000
  • Vindicating the Founders: Race, Sex, Class, and Justice in the Origins of America
  • The Second Civil War: How Extreme Partisanship Has Paralyzed Washington and Polarized America
  • Woman's Life in Colonial Days
  • We Still Hold These Truths: Rediscovering Our Principles, Reclaiming Our Future
  • Crisis and Command: A History of Executive Power from George Washington to George W. Bush
  • The Founding Fathers Guide to the Constitution
  • Wilderness at Dawn: The Settling of the North American Continent
  • The American Patriot's Almanac
  • Separation of Church & State: What the Founders Meant
  • The Crisis
  • The Great American Stickup: How Reagan Republicans and Clinton Democrats Enriched Wall Street While Mugging Main Street
  • What Kind of Nation: Thomas Jefferson, John Marshall, and the Epic Struggle to Create a United States