Start by marking “Gettin' Lucky” as Want to Read:

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  901 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Looking for love in Las Vegas...

Cass Parker is a big believer in luck, fate, and all things cosmic. So she's devastated when she walks in on her supposed best friend macking with Jesse, the guy she's in total "like" with. Talk about bad karma. Vegas is just full of cheaters, Cass concludes - even the locals.

Cass refuses to sulk. She finds new friends and even gets invited
Mass Market Paperback, 240 pages
Published May 11th 2010 by Simon Pulse (first published April 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Gettin' Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gettin' Lucky

The Boys Next Door by Jennifer EcholsThe Ex Games by Jennifer EcholsMajor Crush by Jennifer EcholsA Novel Idea by Aimee FriedmanEndless Summer by Jennifer Echols
Simon Romantic Comedies
32nd out of 46 books — 266 voters
The Boys Next Door by Jennifer EcholsThe Ex Games by Jennifer EcholsA Novel Idea by Aimee FriedmanDrive Me Crazy by Erin DowningLove Undercover by Jo Edwards
Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies
32nd out of 39 books — 39 voters

More lists with this book...

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jocelyn Pearce for TeensReadToo.com

The story here is not that shocking or remarkable. Cass's boyfriend, Jesse, cheats on her with her best friend, therefore ruining her entire life. However, predictably, she finds new friends, a new hobby (poker, of course--she lives in Las Vegas!), and maybe even a new guy.

What makes GETTIN' LUCKY special is the awesome Las Vegas-poker twist on what is a fairly typical teen romance! That kept my attention througout the book, although there were occ
Kendra
by Micol Ostow

I really like the book not only becasue i liked the story just like i lke the series of books.but the events of everything was very exciting and there was no boring part to this story.

The beginning of the story was such a puller. at first i didnt think it woud be exciting untill it got to the second page then it was totally pulled me in i was so suprised.
The story is about a girl who ahve very bad trouble and she thinks all about horoscopes which i like and she liv
Rubina Aggarwal
I really loved the book!!!
adA
This book is about this girl who thinks luck is everything that runs her life and is whatshe depended on when her boyfriend cheats on her with her best freind. She then becomes an outcast but met new and more realistic friends. She latter learns that she was living a life of guessign and isn't really make her happy. In teh end, she discovers that luck ISN'T everything and told her best friend that her boyfriend is a cheater even if she doesn't see it. They became freinds again.
Connie
I'll give this one 3.5 stars. I liked the premise, but couldn't connect with Cass at all. I liked the secondary characters, especially Kelly. I saw the love interest coming but even so, I didn't quite feel their connection, either.

Overall I'd say it's a cute story, but one that just didn't really work for me.
Claudia Choi
What do you do when you see your boy friend cheats on you will you were away for vacation? What do you do when your best friend makes out with your boy friend while you were away? Do you cry, scream or do both? You lost the most important people in your life. What do you do?
Saleema Parker
Mar 27, 2008 Saleema Parker rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teens
this book is good it was about cassandra parker and she though that she was bad luck her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend when she was away visiting her grandparents in new jersey
Jessica
Mar 27, 2011 Jessica is currently reading it
This book is about a girl called, Cass Parker. She is a big fate believer in lucks. She is totally finds new friends and gets invite to her friend's party.
Nana Lee
I don't know if it's because of their culture or what, but these teens are gambling on a regular basis. whoa.
Siera
This is predictable. Fluffy. Generic. Unorginal. What else? Still, it's rather hilarious and pretty fun.
Savannah
Really liked this, but would not reccomend if you do not understand poker. summer 2010
Emma
It was short, cute, and sweet. Which was exactly what I needed when I read it.
Kate Robinson
Good book, not much to the plot though. Still a enjoyable read :)
Jezza
I want my own Elliot -pout face-
John Paul
Mar 21, 2012 John Paul is currently reading it
..excited 2read dis one..
Shaima
funny and cute
Karen Calderon
Karen Calderon marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Minoakaokalani Steward
Minoakaokalani Steward marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
K
K marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Michelle Stahlman
Michelle Stahlman marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
  • Love, Hollywood Style
  • In the Stars
  • Perfect Shot
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Animal Attraction
  • Love on Cue
  • Dancing Queen
  • Puppy Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Getting to Third Date
  • The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • South Beach Sizzle
  • Hard to Get
  • Scary Beautiful
  • Cupidity
  • Love Undercover (Simon Romantic Comedies)
Micol Ostow has been writing professionally since 2004, and in that time has written and/or ghostwritten over 40 published works for young readers. She started her reign of terror with Egmont with her novel FAMILY, which Elizabeth Burns named a favorite of 2012 on her School Library Journal-syndicated blog, A Chair, a Fireplace, a Tea Cozy. Micol's graphic novel, SO PUNK ROCK (and Other Ways to Di ...more
More about Micol Ostow...
30 Guys in 30 Days Westminster Abby The Quotable Slayer Amity Crush du Jour (Simon Romantic Comedies)