Start by marking “30 Guys in 30 Days” as Want to Read:
30 Guys in 30 Days

30 Guys in 30 Days

3.56  ·  Rating Details ·  1,882 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Practice makes not-quite-perfect.

Claudia Clarkson just cut the cord from her high school love-you-forever boyfriend. Sure, she misses Drew. But with so many eligibles on her new college campus, why study ancient history?

Problem is, CLaudia's lived in la-la-loveland for so long that she's completely forgotten how to meet boys - and how to flirt.

Then her roommate proposes a
Published May 31st 2005 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about 30 Guys in 30 Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 30 Guys in 30 Days

Melissa
Sep 21, 2014 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
This just wasn't my sort of thing. Aside from the fact that Claudia was an idiot and kind of a bitch, I hated the weird email crossed with normal first person story telling format style. And there were errors and typo's. And the ending was predictable from the beginning. All in all, I didn't hate it but it just wasn't for me.
Taylor miller
Can you say clingy? Well yes, I can, because she is. She broke up with her long term boyfriend of 4 years right before she went to college. But yet she still manages to find herself a boyfriend that has the same personality as her ex so she is still in the comfort zone. The ending was very predictable, not the best, but it wasnt the worst book ever.
Charmaine
Dec 19, 2010 Charmaine rated it it was ok
It's a light read that is somewhat pleasurable, although after finishing it I got the impression that it was kind of a waste of my time. The main character had sex with someone, which was unnecessary to the storyline, but thankfully no details were given. That lowered the rating of this book by one star. The storyline sounds interesting, but in reality the whole plot seemed like it was about the main character going around in a circle with her relationships. You will see what I mean if you decid ...more
Claire
Jan 15, 2012 Claire rated it really liked it
My first book read of these series-like books.
The beginning was a bit slow and made me bored, but the rest of the book was quite nice. I loved the ending!
Isabella
Aug 14, 2015 Isabella rated it it was amazing
Hahahha wow !!! this book got me laughing XD! Definitely enjoyed it and it deserves a big fat 5 rating :)))))) ...more
Nicole
Oct 22, 2009 Nicole rated it did not like it
couldn't relate.
Sarah Gresham
Oct 28, 2016 Sarah Gresham rated it liked it
I thought this book was going to be about something nasty but when you actually read it you will realize that it is not you just get twisted in the heading of the book. It's actually about a girl who seeks out to find the man of her dreams the book is very descriptive and I love the characters personalities it is a very good and I think you should read it to find out what happens.

Mary H
Sep 23, 2012 Mary H rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who are fans of the Simon Pulse RomCom series
Not my favorite of the romantic comedies. There were a few consistency errors (Brett vs Jesse in comp sci) and the prevalency of alcohol to underage college students made me ill. Yes, I am in college and have several underage friends who drink, but I was really uncomfortable with all the businesses who supplied alcohol to minors. That's not how it works. Also, I felt like the number of guys was a little off. Maybe I counted wrong, but it seemed like Claudia's numbers weren't completely accurate. ...more
Nothing
Nov 13, 2009 Nothing rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: College freshmen, people that want to laugh at awkward humor
Recommended to Nothing by: Found it at the library
Y'see, I've been reading mistly horror books since I was like 13 or so (with mysteries and a few other things put in there within the last 3 years and the sprinking of the List Of Shame authors). So I've been lately on a kick of "let's try something new". That could be anything (except straight up harlequin romance, I will never do that. The romantic comedies, that's fine. Luanne Rice's family-drama with romance IN it, that's fine. Straight up romance novels- NEVER).
But I digress, this book CRAC
Juliet24
Oct 08, 2012 Juliet24 rated it liked it
Tiffany
Aug 25, 2010 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Dana
Sep 13, 2011 Dana rated it really liked it
I laughed my self silly. I mean seriously I was laughing so hard I cried.

If all her books are this way I'll have to read more.

This one made me wish I'd gone away to college I mean seriously I think even if this is nothing like real life the experience of being on own is key to like yourself and becoming who you are meant to be.

Cute book; adore Claudia and her "Georgia Peach" roommate (probably because I'm a GA Peach) and the gym scene; read and you'll know what I mean almost had me falling in t
Cleverly
Feb 02, 2011 Cleverly rated it really liked it
Claudia was headed off to college and decided she needed to find herself while away. She figured if she has a boyfriend that she has been with for over 4 yrs she won't be able to figure out what she wants and who he is. You really had the idea of what Claudia's character was like. You also could easily fall in love with Gabe. The idea of the plot was great but the execution of it not so much. I really felt the ending lacked. I didn't quite know how it ended like it did. The ex-boyfriend you real ...more
Gabriella Benedicta
Apr 28, 2013 Gabriella Benedicta rated it liked it
The book is good enough for light reading... you might think the girl's a bitch cause the title is '30 guys in 30 days' it kinda sounds like she had sex everyday with different guys for 30 days in a row. Well let me tell you that its's not. It's actually a story of a girl who just broke up with her boyfriend (whom she loved so much) and just can't get over him, so her best friend at her new college gave her this training sort of game to talk to one guy per day for 30 days.

I also like this book
Joann
Feb 23, 2008 Joann rated it liked it
Shelves: advisory07-08
This book was okay for me because it took me quite a while to read. It wasn't one of the best because I have read better. But this book was about college people partying and finding guys. But this one girl named Claudia had an ex who is in a different school as her. Her roommate encouraged her to move on and to find another guy. One day her ex came to the bar and saw her and he heard lots of weird stories about her trying to find other guys.
This book has gave me a clear idea of college life and
Gilber
Jan 24, 2014 Gilber rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom-com
I have read several of the Simon Pulse romantic comedies by now. This one is one of the best. Yes, it's still funny and innocent, but without bordering on silly like some of the other books in this collection. The writing style doesn't feel like it's targeted to a middle school reading level. I would consider this one on a quality level similar to the offerings by Jen Echols. A short, fun, enjoyable read.
Danielle
May 02, 2012 Danielle rated it it was amazing
What a cute little read :). Well not very little, but still. I liked seeing someone struggeling with their guys issues and the idea of 30 guys in 30 days was quite cute. I didn't see the end coming quite like it had (maybe I'm as blind as a bat because I should have) but I loved it.

If you want to read about someone else having love issues to get you're mind off you're own read this one!!
Shawna
This was cute, entertaining, lighthearted read. Bets part is reading some of the things that happens to Claudia on this journey. Her embarassing moments is what made the book in my opinion. I couldn't help but laugh at some of the things she did or would say. Makes me think back to some of my more humiliating moments that I now laugh at.
Jessica T
Jan 31, 2015 Jessica T rated it liked it
I gotta say this was the best out of the three buffer books I've read compared to the others. This book was kind of everywhere and I kept trying to find the focus of it... Kinda hard to tel when the emails would end or when Claudia was talking to someone in real life.. Really thought she was gonna end up with John ft. His abundant amount of freckles tbh Hahhaha
Karin
Nov 24, 2012 Karin rated it liked it
A cute, fun, entertaining, quick read, and sooooo relatable! There wasn't much awe-inspiring content or character growth, the plot was pretty simple - find a boyfriend, and there was some unnecessary swearing and content I could have done without, but it was perfect for reminiscing girl-talk about boys, dating awkwardness, and all that fun stuff :)
Amelia
Dec 04, 2009 Amelia rated it liked it
A very light read. You almost know the end halfway through the book. You want to finish the book to know the ending and how it happens. Great teenager, fresh easy read. Something to read in an evening.
sammy
Jun 02, 2012 sammy rated it it was ok
this book took me like a second to read
there was nothing special about it
the boy wasnt awesome
the romance wasnt super awesome
the humor was really great -> i laughed out loud a few times
but other than that.... eh
i would have been better off studying for exams... woops
Susan Eberhardt
Jun 02, 2013 Susan Eberhardt rated it did not like it
Shelves: young-adult
I hope businesses do not give alcohol to underage teens with the frequency it occurred in this book. Sex with the boyfriend right before breaking up was unnecessary to the story line. No real negative consequences for poor choices. Characters were not very endearing. Not recommended.
Fred
Apr 29, 2011 Fred rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Fred by: Nook
Skinny vanilla decaf extra foam latte -- sweet, frothy angst free w/o a whole lotta substance. A fun & quick read. I did have to wonder if real girls ever talk/think like this, e.g., "I was a smitten kitten?" Take it for what it is, and enjoy the cuteness.
Jezza
Sep 23, 2012 Jezza rated it really liked it
Amber JoLynn
May 12, 2009 Amber JoLynn rated it really liked it
This book is pretty cute. From the cover to the text you'll feel lime green and purple argyle. And when is that ever a bad thing?
Mary Elizabeth Morton
Jul 28, 2011 Mary Elizabeth Morton rated it it was ok
A quick, fun read. Nice break from the serious books I have been reading lately. Reminded me of a chick flick in book format.
Noak
Nov 13, 2011 Noak rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
It gets 4.5 since it is a very cute, fun romantaic comedy book.The romantic plot is the main plot so it doesn't get 5. But I did think it was perfect for it's prepuse as a light and fun reading.
Kendra
Apr 28, 2009 Kendra rated it liked it
Predictable story about a girl meeting new guys in college, after breaking up with her high school boyfriend.
Lisa
Jun 07, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it
I have read this over and over through high school.

I enjoyed reading it because of its setting in Massachusetts.

It's a cute chick lit book.
  • Animal Attraction
  • Something Borrowed
  • Perfect Shot
  • Miss Match
  • Cupidity
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Love Undercover (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • How Not to Spend Your Senior Year
  • A Novel Idea
  • Hard to Get
Micol Ostow has been writing professionally since 2004, and in that time has written and/or ghostwritten over 40 published works for young readers. She started her reign of terror with Egmont with her novel FAMILY, which Elizabeth Burns named a favorite of 2012 on her School Library Journal-syndicated blog, A Chair, a Fireplace, a Tea Cozy. Micol's graphic novel, SO PUNK ROCK (and Other Ways to Di ...more
More about Micol Ostow...