Start by marking “How I Play Golf [With 16-Page Instructional Booklet]” as Want to Read:
How I Play Golf [With 16-Page Instructional Booklet]

How I Play Golf [With 16-Page Instructional Booklet]

There's no denying that Tiger Woods has taken golf by storm. It seems like every time this 25-year-old swings a club, another PGA record is shattered. While his explosive drives, accurate approach shots, and steady putter certainly contribute to this success, both fans and critics agree that it's Tiger's devastating mental game that has propelled him to become the premier ...more
Audio Cassette, Abridged, 0 pages
Published October 1st 2001 by Time Warner AudioBooks

J.
Apr 15, 2012 J. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
Just like your great aunt who won't give you all the ingredients to her famous pie, Tiger withholds the key to his golf game. There was not one mention of women or drugs. Just a review of golf fundamentals with a healthy dose of Tiger's ego. What a disappointment.
Malone
Nov 01, 2013 Malone rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grade-9-term-1
I read the Book How I Play The Game by Tiger Woods. The genre is an autobiography, but also says how he plays the game. This book is not part of a series. I thought this book was okay. Some facts were cool and some i already knew. This book might help me some in my golf game. It was a decent book.
Kenny Daily
Sep 08, 2007 Kenny Daily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is where I got my monster drive...

"We will not negotiate with terrorists...now watch me hit this drive." - G Dubya
PeytonS
Feb 28, 2017 PeytonS rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports, non-fiction
Tiger Woods How I Play is a instructional book. It gives different tips to how to play better. It is also filled with his life story's and how he learned different things. It is a very good book if you want to get better or learn how to play golf. It is a pretty good book for golfers.
Alan Livingston
For most of this book, I was ready to give it a solid 3-star rating: I liked it just fine. It was tooling along as "OK" as I had expected it to be. I found the title to be perfect, since Tiger (circa early 2000's) pretty much is telling us how HE plays golf. Not many can play, nor should they play, like Tiger does or did. Golf Digest obviously put a lot into this book's writing and their terrific photography is a huge plus. What pumped it up from a 3 to a 4-star for me was the final two sections ...more
Iskreads
May 23, 2011 Iskreads rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TIGER WOODS
How I Play Golf
BY Tiger Woods
Genre: Non Fiction

How I Play Golf by Tiger Woods is a five star books by a five star man. Tiger Woods has written an amazing books to help you learn the game. He mentions and teaches you every aspect of the game. Putting, driving and even chipping. This book has helped me with my game, it has taught me useful tricks and important styles. I think it is a great learning tool for golfers and lovers of the game everywhere.

Tiger wrote about the game, about his
John
Nov 01, 2009 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tiger Woods is undoubtedly the best player to ever play the game of golf. The books title kinda says it all "How I Play Golf". Tiger talks about in the book the ways he looks at the game of golf and how he plays it and how the game should be played. It brings an insightful eye on how the worlds best player plays the game of golf. It looks at what he thinks about from shot to shot, tough putts and how he trains and eats to keep his body in tip top shape. He also talks about the mental aspect of t ...more
Jeff Goldenberg
Jan 26, 2010 Jeff Goldenberg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Overall, an interesting, informative and entertaining book that every golfer could benefit from. The world's greatest golfer is a pretty decent writer who manages to share some useful, easy to understand tips mixed in with a healthy dose of reflection and storytelling. The book abounds with large, clear photographs from some of Tiger's memorable tournament wins as well as his practice sessions, which he uses to illustrate the concepts he is trying to impart upon the reader. Tiger covers every as ...more
Jordan Bowden
Apr 28, 2015 Jordan Bowden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
About the book, "How I Play Golf" is what the the title is about how Tiger Woods plays and how he started playing. Tiger Woods dominated the Golf game. He won the Masters in 1997 and 2001, also Tiger Woods has written books about how he plays golf of course. Views of both his game, mental and physical and his unique personality on and off the golf course.
Mason Zimmerer
Apr 18, 2013 Mason Zimmerer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was very helpful to my game. I liked reading this book because there is a lot of information that would help me learn the golf game more than i already know. It is very helpful there are easy lessons and steps that will help my game dramatically if i had to suggest this book to anyone wanting to get better or learn the game of golf.
Brady Grafton
Dec 09, 2016 Brady Grafton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tiger Woods as many know is one of the greatest if not the greatest golfer of all time. In his book How I Play Golf, he gives us great advice on simple fundamentals of the game anywhere from putting to driving. This book I recommend to anyone who is wanting to figure out the little things that may be wrong with their game.
Greenwood1
Dec 31, 2011 Greenwood1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy my self on a 18 holes course in the nature, relax and listings the wild talking to me....

This book is very interesting to teach from the basic to the most expert swing. I do recommend this book to everyone that want a good base of golfing but remember..... to become a pro its practicing :D
Jeff
Jul 11, 2008 Jeff rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mostly personal anecdotes of his golf career, splashed with some pointers on improving your game. The book starts with putting technique and finishes with the driving swing, covering everything in between from short to long game.
Chris Strecker
Jan 19, 2014 Chris Strecker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great instructional book

this book brought some flaws in my swing to light that I would have never thought to fix and in turn has taken five strokes already off my score and I was a 9 handicap and I still have plenty of work to do but this book made me trust my swing.
Paul Russell
May 05, 2015 Paul Russell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great reference swing sequences when Tiger was at the height of his golfing powers. What must it have been like to hit a golf ball as well if not better than anybody on the planet. Unfortunately, I'll never know :(
Eric
Sep 28, 2008 Eric rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
Excellent teaching guide. Solid fundamentals
Kevin Meehan
More like, "How I Make More Unneccessary Cash"
Alan Aldwell
Dec 07, 2011 Alan Aldwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book full of history, tips, and tricks. Great pictures of Tiger throughout the book as well. A great gift for any golf fan!
Adam
Feb 16, 2016 Adam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bit old, but solid and pretty informative on every shot
Justin Bastide
Feb 03, 2009 Justin Bastide rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was a good book for a golfer like me. It gave me tips and helped me learn what Tiger Woods does on the course to make him a better golfer.
Kimberly
Oct 10, 2008 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any golfer
If you're a golfer, of any level, you should seriously read this book. It has great drills in it and the very basic fundementals of golf that you HAVE to have!!!
Jordan B Blanzy
Oct 25, 2007 Jordan B Blanzy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: golfers
It was decent and gave some good tips
Sean Gray
Nov 14, 2007 Sean Gray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Golfers.
The book is in the title. It's honestly the way he plays golf. Which is helpful for golfers. Tiger's the number one golfer in the world, why not try to pick up some tips?
Chris Schaefer
This helped me through my 5 year golf caddying career. Reading putts, etc.
Charlotte Cooper
First rate book by a first class golfer. Tiger Woods is the reason why I love golf, so of course I had to buy this book. It has become my bible. Highly recommend for any golfer.
Stephen
Decent book. I didnt go into it looking for tips, but moreso just to read how a former top player thought about his game. The illustrations in the book are really something too.
Peter Klemperer
Aug 09, 2013 Peter Klemperer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book but it really feels heavy on pictures.
Jeff
Dec 08, 2012 Jeff rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Could be better coming from a guy with so much talent.
Wade
Mar 13, 2008 Wade rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: golfers
I like books that explain technical details, the little things, in a way a student of the game can understand. It's obvious Tiger Woods knows his stuff and knows how to teach it.
  • Golf for Dummies
  • And If You Play Golf, You're My Friend: Further Reflections of a Grown Caddie
  • Golf My Way
  • Golf is Not a Game of Perfect
  • Ben Hogan's Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf
  • Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game
  • The Grand Slam: Bobby Jones, America, and the Story of Golf
  • Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible: Master the Finesse Swing and Lower Your Score (Dave Pelz Scoring Game Series)
  • The Majors
  • Yellow Flag
  • Arnie and Jack: Palmer, Nicklaus, and Golf's Greatest Rivalry
  • The Greatest Player Who Never Lived: A Golf Story
  • My Life in and out of the Rough: The Truth Behind All That Bull**** You Think You Know About Me
  • The Inner Game of Golf
  • The Bill James Handbook
  • Who's Your Caddy?: Looping for the Great, Near Great, and Reprobates of Golf
  • Growing Up in Coal Country
Tiger Woods (born Eldrick Tiger Woods is an American professional golfer whose achievements to date rank him among the most successful golfers of all time. Currently the World No. 1, he was the highest-paid professional athlete in 2007, having earned an estimated $122 million from winnings and endorsements. According to Golf Digest, Woods made $769,440,709 from 1996 to 2007, and the magazine predi ...more
More about Tiger Woods...