Start by marking “Ralph S. Mouse: teacher guide” as Want to Read:
Ralph S. Mouse: teacher guide

Ralph S. Mouse: teacher guide

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  9,545 ratings  ·  49 reviews
NOTE: This is not the book by Beverly Cleary, but a guide to teachers to accompany it.

"Look, Ryan," he said. "I'm in trouble and I don't have time to tell you about it. Just take me and my motorcycle with you, and don't ask questions."

"To school?" Ryan was surprised.

Ralph's pesky cousins are wrecking his motorcycle, and his janitor friend, Matt, is in trouble because the

Published by Novel Units

To ask other readers questions about Ralph S. Mouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ralph S. Mouse

Charlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteWatership Down by Richard AdamsThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisAnimal Farm by George OrwellSwitch! The Lost Kingdoms of Karibu by Karen  Prince
Best Talking-Animal Books
56th out of 373 books — 498 voters
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodThe Color Purple by Alice WalkerEnder's Game by Orson Scott CardBeloved by Toni MorrisonWatchmen by Alan Moore
Best Books of the Decade: 1980's
413th out of 1,002 books — 1,085 voters

More lists with this book...

cassie
C'mon -- a mouse on a motorcycle? How long must I suspend my disbelief in this illogical series? Were these books written for children?
Michele Lee
Ralph is tired of his relatives trying to make him share his beloved motorcycle. And he's afraid zooming through the mud puddles in the lobby of the inn where he lives has gotten his friend Matt in trouble. So with the help of his human friend Ralph runs away, to Irwin J. Sneed Elementary School, where there are long halls without carpet to ride on and plenty of good things to eat.
Except that the students of Room 5 turns Ralph into a class project and an article in the town paper accuses the sc
Kirei
Gwen
If only life could be like this. I enjoyed this book immensely as a child and wondered how it would hold up under an adult's scrutiny. I still enjoyed it. Although I can't make my car go by saying "vroom" the world in which Ralph S. Mouse is realistic and relatable to young children. It deals with various issues such as: sibling arguements over property, getting blamed for things or feeling that this are your fault, wanting to run away, single-parent households, economic strife. I know, a lot of ...more
Shellys♥ Journal
The third book in the Ralph series brings a satisfying conclusion to the dilemma of Ralph and his motorcycle. Due to envy and jealous of his mouse cousins, Ralph asks Ryan (who lives at the hotel with his mother who is a maid) to take him to school to avoid conflict. This creates all kinds of new challenges for Ralph and for the class who "adopts" him.

The first book in this series is by far the best, but the two additional books give children more time with lovable Ralph and his dare devil stunt
Stephen
the second book read w/ Sam. I read Beverly Cleary books as a kid. It is a fun story that Sam was hypnotized while I read to him. I often thought he was not paying attention, I would ask him a question and he'd respond - yeah don't you remember Kiss K wanted to do this - so I know he wasw. I also think he enjoyed my using different voices for some of the characters. Ralph, the mouse, spends time in a hotel, and then to Irvin S. Sneed Elementary School. He figures out a faster way to solve the ma ...more
Jenn
This is a fun one, though not as good as the original Mouse and the Motorcycle. My kids were obsessed with the fact that Ralph wasn't still with Keith and kept inventing scenarios in which Ralph would find Keith. We'll have to wait a while to move on to Runaway Ralph. (We are actually reading these out of order, which drives me crazy, but that is the way the audio was put together.)

**Audio Review: Same blah narration as the last, although the kids didn't seem bothered a bit.
Richard Rothaus
Not as good as the Mouse and the Motorcycle, and aimed at children who are struggling with the first social struggles of elementary school. Like many of Cleary's book, the sentiment and tone will ring true for generations. The details of the books are becoming dated. Given the target of young readers with limited attention spans, revised editions might be in order so that children don't get hung up on anachronistic details and language.
Gene
Ralph S. Mouse is excellent. I first read this book when it was newly published. I had enjoyed the previous two mouse and the motorcycle books and was excited to be the first to check it out from the school library. I had great enjoyment reading this story to my children and kept captivated five boys who range in age from 3 to 13, all are Ralph fans and fans of Beverly Cleary, I am pleased to say.
Alida
Dec 03, 2007 Alida rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 3-5
I really enjoyed The Mouse and the Motorcyle when I was younger and thought I might like this one. I think this is a cute and funny book that most kids might like. Ralph gets fed up and wants to go to school. He eventually gets discovered by the kids. Kids will like the adventure side of Ralph and the humor in the book. I would use this book when talking about friends and relationships.
Mr. Coomey teacher
It was a awesome book!! I had a great time reading it.you should read it. it's about a mouse who lost a motorcycle. He was stuck in school.But his was in a fight withI liked that ralph has a new vehicle. Which is a car it was a XL7.He used a motorcycle noise.This was funny because he had to use the car noise but he had to say the car noise backward which is hard to say moorv.
Colin
This is the one that I remember liking best of the series. I remember being utterly delighted as a child that Ralph not only had a middle initial that stood for Smart, but that he also had a last name that was Mouse. How satisfyingly sensible. Afterward, all my stuffed animals acquired middle initials, I believe.
Leigh
I have never read any Beverly Cleary books, maybe I should have started with Ramona. This book was just okay, not memorable, not really even well written, and then the ending had a few happy ending things thrown in that really bugged me. Any other suggestions by Beverly Cleary?
KatieLynn
Ralph S. Mouse is about a mouse and his family who live in a hotel. When Ralph is tired of living in the crowded hotel, he decides to move out of there. And so begins an adventure of a lifetime as Ralph learns to be alone. But something else happens....
Alexandra
A mouse that drives a motorcycle attends school. My boys (my soon to be Kindergartender esp) are very much enjoying reading about this mouse's adventures and emotions as he is initiated into academic life. I just love Beverly Cleary.
Ajcmeyer Meyer
My two girls ages 4 and 8 really enjoyed this book. I read it aloud to them a chapter at a time before they went to bed at night. I found it very dull and not one I would recommend. Hey maybe this is what put them to sleep each night ;)
Lwillis101
This book was good but a little boring to me. The ending was kind of cool with Ryan and Brad becoming brothers. But as far as fantasies go with animals talking, this book wasn't as adventurous as I was anticipating.
Nikki
Another hit with my kids. I even heard my son saying, "You know what? Fighting never solves anything." A direct quote from Miss K from the book. I love it when kids remember GOOD things they hear me say.
DeNae
Another fun adventure with Ralph. It wasn't as endearing as The Mouse and the Motorcycle, but still a good story to share with a young child. Audrey really liked it and is excited to read Runaway Ralph next.
Lindsey
Cleary is a great children's writer.

Favorite quote: Furious with Ryan for not managing to save him from this indignity, he crawled into a thumb where he thought mean thoughts about everyone in Room 5.
Trisha Simmons
I thought this was a good chapter book with lots of adventures for the mouse. It had some pictures which was nice for a chapter book. My first grader loved this book for a read aloud.
kissacooper
Had so much fun reading this to my 5 yr old. I had forgotten the tale, being years since I had read it myself. Such a great story for young kids. Love Beverly Cleary.
ZZ
Apr 14, 2008 ZZ rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to ZZ by: Mrs. Schuler
We just finished reading this in school. It was good and at the end of the book Ralph got a sport car because somebody broke his motorcycle.
Abby

This was a funny story I read to my 5yr old. I loved Beverly Cleary books when I was a little girl and think she'll enjoy them all too!
Jesse
I want to recommend it to everyone in the whole wide world, but you might want to read the first two books because I didn't understand it.
Karsen
I thoght that it was good because it was about school and I like school so I had a conection whitch made me like it more.
Carsyn
My teacher read us The Mouse and the Motorcycle so I read the next one and loved it as much as the one I listened to.
Wes Hunter
Jul 27, 2007 Wes Hunter rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids
i read this when i was a kid and i liked it, i basically just put it on here so i'd have more books than penny.
BreAnn
I read this with my five year old son recently and remember liking it so much better as a kid. Ah well...
Rebecca
A Mouse and a Motorcycle and then...an adventure. I didn't know that talking mice could make me so weepy...
  • Runaway Ralph (Ralph S. Mouse, #2)
  • Henry & Ramona
  • Nighty-Nightmare (Bunnicula, #4)
All The Pretty Horses By Cormac Mc Carthy: Teacher Guide Their Eyes Were Watching God Tiger eyes [by] Judy Blume: Teacher Guide Tuck Everlasting (Teacher Resources) Izzy, Willy-Nilly