Start by marking “Saving Stuff: How to Care for and Preserve Your Collectibles, Heirlooms, and Other Prized Possessions” as Want to Read:

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The most comprehensive book on preserving every type of collectible -- from the sentimental to the valuable -- from the Smithsonian's Senior Conservator.
For both the serious collector and the sometimes sentimentalist, Saving Stuff explains -- in plain language -- how you can use the techniques of museum professionals to keep your prized possessions in mint condition.
Yo...more
Published June 2nd 2005 by Touchstone (first published May 31st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Saving Stuff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Stuff

Martha
Both entertaining and informative. This is a great, easy-to-understand guide to preservation. I admit I skimmed through some of the information about types of artifacts that I am not dealing with at home or at work, but I found the book very useful--after reading my library copy I had to buy one.
Virginia
Feb 03, 2008 Virginia marked it as to-read
I attended a lecture at the Getty. The lecture was by the author of this book. Really informative to help you care for those family heirlooms and all those good old things that you want to keep for your children.
Arapahoe Library District
While most of us could spare a good many things from our households, there is some stuff that we do want to preserve. Find out how with this practical book.
Marykay
Marykay marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Rsmith
Rsmith marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Seamus
Seamus marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Mandy Tomasik
Mandy Tomasik marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Brenda Nickerso
Brenda Nickerso marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Mark
Mark added it
Jun 29, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Apr 28, 2014
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Lynn
Lynn added it
Mar 07, 2014
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Christina Zable
Christina Zable marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Corianne Oosterbaan
Corianne Oosterbaan marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Karin Feeney-Cass
Karin Feeney-Cass marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Janina
Janina marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
David
David marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Daria
Daria marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs (Walt Disney Classic) Jesus and Addiction: A Prescription to Transform the Dysfunctional Church and Recover Authentic Christianity Start Here: Kingdom Essentials for New Christians Signs, Wonders, And The Kingdom Of God: A Biblical Guide For The Reluctant Skeptic 12 Steps with Jesus: How Filling the Spiritual Emptiness in Your Life Can Help You Break Free From Addiction