Start by marking “Communion with God: An Uncommon Dialogue” as Want to Read:
Communion with God: An Uncommon Dialogue

Communion with God: An Uncommon Dialogue

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  797 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Neale Donald Walsch has changed the way the world thinks about God. His books have been translated into twenty-five languages, and his Conversations with God series, book 1, book 2, and book 3, have all been New York Times bestsellers-book 1 for over two years.

In the Conversations books, Walsch shared with his readers the beginning of a sacred relationship, as he began an
Published October 23rd 2000 by Putnam Adult (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Communion with God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Communion with God

Kelly Greer
Jun 22, 2008 Kelly Greer rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone. You'll read it when it's right!
Recommended to Kelly by: Kayin Jeffers
Mk
Jul 21, 2012 Mk added it
As an eclectic spiritual philosopher, I found this book intriguing. With all the questions I'd ever posed to God myself, I found the answers within this book. Whether you agree with the answers presented or not, they are answers. Is it divinely inspired? That is for you to decide. I enjoyed it. I found myself having to reread a number of passages to understand what was being said not because I am ignorant but because the concepts were beyond my current standing/faith/belief. Opening my mind to o ...more
Tina
This is an amazing book! I strongly encourage everyone to read this.
Erinina Marie
May 31, 2007 Erinina Marie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: spiritual seekers
Communion with God by Neale Donald Walsch

The Conversations with God series are some of my favorite books. They form the backbone of my current spiritual outlook, and I find myself continually referencing them whenever I feel lost. Very helpful. That being said, this book is one that I have tried to begin a number of times and failed to get through it. I kept getting lost in the language, not understanding. This time though, I couldn’t put it down. This book proves that sometimes the timing on a
R.B. Aiken
I loved the first 3 books in the trilogy. However, this book seems to cover a lot of the same ground and the author seems to be just releasing another book on the same subject for the sake of it
Michele Harvey
This book makes so much sense and is so empowering. It places the human condition into clear perspective and provides common sense tools that can be used to achieve new states of being and greater consciousness. When I read Communion with God, I experienced a sense of remembering. The book reminded me of things I have always known but had clearly forgotten. It was like coming home.
Genevieve
I love these metaphysical type books that talk about our basic beliefs in the world and how our beliefs affect how we live. Really cool book. I tried to read it a few years ago but didn't understand it, stopped reading at page 14. This time I flew through it, guess I had evolved. :)
Kat
This book furthers the concepts found in the previous series, Conversations With God, and makes them applicable to daily experience.
Miquixote
An important step away from organized religion. Please don't stop here though, this is not nearly critical enough to sustain a rigorous philosophy of life, and is certainly guilty of the typical motivation b.s. (positive vs. negative energy, etc.).
Kari Mills
really did not like this book. Got about 50 pages in and decided not to waste my time reading something I wasn't into. I am sure that others have great experiences with this author and book but as for me, it wasn't what I needed.
Teressa
The explanation on the 10 Illusions of Man is astounding. Sometimes the book is difficult to follow, because he flip-flops between 3rd person and 1st(confusing for the reader), but it still earns 5 stars for being such a wake-up call.
Mandi
This book just didn't hit home for me even though I'm aware God is more than we know I just didn't feel this book at all. Came off like God is perfectly passive and humans are just made to believe in illusions that
Jayne
I picked this up assuming it was by a Christian author, but was not. For that reason I decided to put it down and not continue. As a believer, I know there is no formula to communing with God, you need only Jesus :)
Vianey
This book was interesting and really deep it made me think and question my own self. Had a very intriguing spiritual philosophy and it's really empowering. It just puts things in a new perspective and more sense.
Fabian
I love the Conversation with God books. But this one didn't push the envelope for me enough. Still, I recommend reading all of Neale D. Walsch's books in order.
Mitzi
This one isn't my favorite of the series that I've read so far, but still well worth reading. NDW always gives you something to think about in his books!
Cathy
Inspiring, not sure I agree with everything... but then I'm not supposed to let someone elses vision be my reality - I am supposed to create my own.
Jimmy
I've read all the previous CwG books and this one, although really good, was my least favorite thus far. I would still recommend it though!
Travis Mc rae
I got this book back in 2001 and it was what I needed and really help me look at god in a different better way
Jag Mahadeo
One of the best books I've read. Once you get into the premise of who's speaking, it is really deep.
Lorraine
A book that makes you think twice about your beliefs and the truths that you have held on to all these years
Jim Brintnall
This book is the best of the series. My all time favorite. I return to it again and again.
Daniel Carson
Perfect book. mind expansion overload. ...more
David Melbie
Dec 24, 2010 David Melbie rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody, really. . .
Recommended to David by: Picked myself
OK, but not as good as the first three books. . .
Cathryn Malinowski
A beautiful love story between yourself and God.
Grandma Judy
Spiritual enlightenment.
Creative Choices
Own it haven't read it yet!
Chantal Delport
Too sad to finish this one.
  • Angel Numbers
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
  • The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy
  • Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People
  • Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians
  • Entering the Castle: An Inner Path to God and Your Soul
  • Life After Death: The Burden of Proof
Neale Donald Walsch is a modern day spiritual messenger whose words continue to touch the world in profound ways. With an early interest in religion and a deeply felt connection to spirituality, Neale spent the majority of his life thriving professionally, yet searching for spiritual meaning before beginning his now famous conversation with God. His With God series of books has been translated int ...more
More about Neale Donald Walsch...
Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Vol. 1 Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Vol. 2 Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Vol. 3 The Complete Conversations with God Friendship with God: An Uncommon Dialogue