Start by marking “Have a Hot Time, Hades! (Myth-O-Mania)” as Want to Read:
Have a Hot Time, Hades! (Myth-O-Mania)
Preview

Have a Hot Time, Hades! (Myth-O-Mania #1)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  674 ratings  ·  73 reviews
Dad's gut was so big that it wasn't crowded, even with the five of us down there. Of course, every once in a while, we got on one another's nerves. Poseidon was always trying to organize swimming meets. Hestia was always tidying up the place. Hera was the bossy one, always telling the rest of us what to do. But Demeter was definitely the weirdest. She was always going on a ...more
Published August 1st 2002 by Hyperion Books

To ask other readers questions about Have a Hot Time, Hades!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Have a Hot Time, Hades!

Hao huang
Have a hot time, Hades! Is the beginning of the series Myth-O-Mania(for the ancient Greek word for liar!) by Kate McMullan. This story is about how the gods were born to be immortal by the two Titans from the start of the World, and finally the gods start rule every part of the mortal World. It was the eldest god, Hades' point of view to telling this story.

One day the father, Cronus wants to know his future so he went to visit a seer. Then the seer told him he shall have six children, one of the
Julio
It was a good book people that are reading this should read it
Julian P
I have finished reading Have a Hot Time Hades by Kate McMullen. The book is about how the gods were born from the titans in Hades point of view. At first Zeus Hades and Poseidon were born. Their father, Kronos didn't want to have any little troublemakers that weren't titans so he gobbled them up all but Zeus which Kronos's wife hid in a cave with a nymph. In his cave Zeus planned to get his brothers out so he made a potion and poured it into Kronos's tea. Kronos barfed all of the little gods up ...more
SNEAKY PETER GRIFFIN
know i know that Zeus was crazy after all. i never did like Zeus.
Debbie
This was a fun book! It is told from Hades' point of view, and there are lots of puns and tongue-in-cheek humor. This is a much easier introduction to the gods than what you will find in the Lightning Thief series. There's even a "Quick-and-Easy Guide to the Myths" at the end to help newbies with pronunciations and with keeping all of the key players straight! The series is currently out of print but will be rereleased this fall. I can't wait! They will be on my classroom shelves for sure!
Cheryl
I read this book and most of the others in the series aloud to my daughter who was about 6 or 7 at the time. We both enjoyed the humor and action of the storyline.
Linda Jaejoong
Ich war ja schon immer ein Fan von Hades. Alle machen ihn immer so schlecht, nur weil er der Totengott und Herrscher über die Unterwelt ist. Ich finde ihn sehr faszinierend und war schon gespannt wir er in der "Myth-O-Mania" Reihe dargestellt wird. Hades erzählt die Geschichte aus der Ich-Perspektive und stellt die Lügen die Zeus verbreitet hat richtig.

Ich fand das Buch super lustig und unterhaltsam. Die Erzählweise von Hades macht richtig süchtig nach mehr. Ich fand ihn sehr unterhaltsam und h
Adil

I love Greek mythology and saw this book in the library. It had just come in and it was looking awesome.To be honest i think that this book can actually attract anyone. This is one of the reasons why i decided to read this book.

A male main character. This category was interesting to read because it was in a point of view of the god "Hades." We all know that he is a male so this book comfortably fit into this category.

"Ah, mightier!"said Dad. "That is- wait a minute, I am the father. What are you
Dujuan
Have a hot time hades is a book written by Kate Mcullan. It is the first book of the series Myth-O-Mania. Just like Get to work herculeis it has all of our famous gods.

Have a hot time Hades is about all of our famous gods are swallowed by there dad because, The dad went to a fourten teller the fourten teller told the gods father he was going to be over ruled by one of his childes. So after each and every god was born he would swallo them. The only one who did not get swallod and was protected by
Dolly
Aug 26, 2014 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls are really getting into Greek mythology, especially our oldest. Between this book and the Goddess Girls series by Joan Holub, they are being drawn into the stories and are getting excited about the characters. Now granted, these stories are somewhat fractured versions of the myths, but they still hold true to the basic truths.

Of the two series, I think the Myth-o-Mania series is more faithful to the original stories and I like this one better. Still, I love that our girls love these s
Beatrice
This book was sort of good because it told you the "true" story of the myths and it told you that Zeus was a liar and once had his sinews plucked out. Sinews are the things that hold your bones together in their rightful places, so it is sort of bad that he had them plucked out because he got all in a glob with bones floating around. Anyway it is sort of good and you might want to read it if you like Greek myths. Also if you like the Godess Girls series.
Allison
This is a fun take on Greek Mythology that is told through Hades point of view. He claims that his little brother Zeus is a giant liar. When he read the myths based on what Zeus had written he wanted to set things straight and let people know what truly happened. There are great origin stories like how the Olympics were created and how the Olympians defeated the Titans.

Anyone who likes mythology and retellings will eat this up. The books are fun and have a glossary at the back of the book so tha
Jen Blackham
I'd pulled this out of the library as possible reading material for the boys. They are so reluctant to read, that I do like to pre-read some books, and only pass on the very best, hoping to catch their interest. While I really enjoy reading YA stuff, these elementary books are a little harder to get into for me. But this was pretty cute and I do think the boys might like it. The four star review is more based on my recommendation to kids, rather than the fact that it kept ME super enthralled. I' ...more
Stacy
This is the first book in the Myth-O-Mania series. Hades reads the big book of myths and learns that Zeus has made the myths reflect what he wants and not the true story. Hades decided to write his own version of what happened. In this book Hades tells how the gods became Olympians. I really enjoyed this book! I highly recommend it for anyone who loves Greek mythology!
Jessa
This is the rating my 9 year old gave it. We read this together and it was really cute. Mythology stories told from the point of Hades. The story was fun and entertaining. I thought it dragged just a little in the middle but my 9 year old loved it and can't wait to read the next one in the series.
Natalie
I love, love, love, love this series. I never tire of reading about the antics of the Greek Gods and Goddesses.

Zeus is a myth-o-maniac, Greek speak of "liar". He has royally messed up all the myths and it is up to Hades to set the record straight.

McMullan has done an excellent job of writing amusing books that will appeal to young (and old) readers. She keeps the basic idea of all the myths, while tweeking the details. They succeed at being humorous while being informative.

The fourth-graders
Owen
This book is the first book of a series. It is the "true story of greek myths. This book is about when Hadies and his brothers and sisters are swollowed by their father Cronos. Zeus turns out to be a big fat liar. This is about them growing up and decideing who becomes ruler of who and so on.

I can make a text-to-self connection. In this book Hades made a promis to look after his brother Zuse no matter what. This promis always comes around some way because Zeus is always getting in trouble and
Alyssa
A very fun and entertaining book told from the perspective of Hades, God of the Underworld. Tells how the Olympians beat the Titans for Mount Olympus. The beginning is when the children are all stuck in Cronus's stomach, and eventually tell of their rescue by Zeus. Right off, we see a different view of all the gods and goddesses. We see Zeus as cocky and headstrong from Hades's point of view. We also see Demeter as very motivated about the rock and the things she loves most, such as agriculture. ...more
Ana
Finnigan
Isn't it hard to imagine all the good things about Zeus when they weren't true. In Have A Hot Time, Hades, hades is introduced as a good guy. He tells the story about growing up in his dad's belly. The three elements that stand out are characters, setting, and and humor. The first element is shown when hades is introducing himself as not the most nice man but not evil and he has lots of personality. The second element in mentioned how hades lives in The underworld where he can talk to dead spiri ...more
Tracy Hall
This is a great introduction to mythology for kids. It might help them with Honors English 9! The basics are all there.
Shannon
You know I have a soft spot for fractured fairy tales. This is the Greek Mythological version.
Barefoot Danger
I used to enjoy Greek mythology - until I was forced to read these books.
Very funny. Sure to be popular with fans of Percy Jackson.
Flannan
it was a great book i read the whole series
Maclean H
I am currenty reading Have A Hot Time, Hades By: Kate McMullan. This book is about when Hades is born his dad eats him. My favorite part is when his dad eats nectar and Hades swims in it because it is something that nobody would do. I was suprised when one day his dad ate his little sister Afriditeis and Hades had to raise Afridities in his dad's stomach. I also enjoyed the part when Hades and Afiditeis kicked their dad to make hime miserble.This book is fiction because I do not think this would ...more
PWRL
Nov 21, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zzz2014-nov-new
A
Jasmin
I read this book when I was like... nine. One of my friends gave it to me for a birthday president, He knew I liked greek mythology ex: Percy Jackson and he did too, so he'd read this book and decided that I would like it too. So he gave me it and phone home persephone. I actually remember re reading this book so many times, it was quick easy read that I could finish in half an hour and was something i remember absolutely loving. I don't remember it exactly, just that I loved it.
Rosa
This was a cute take on Greek myths. Hades gets a book with the current version of all the greek myths in it and finds that Zues' myth-o-mania (lying) has gotten totally out of control. No one knows the real story of how the gods beat the titans. This is Hades version of events regarding the beatin of the titans. It's extremely funny and there is definitely some education of language development and vocabulary snuck in here. Not sure if I will be reading the rest yet.
LOVE IT 2 12 Feb 05, 2013 02:25PM
  • Pantheons (Pantheons, #1)
  • Pandora Gets Jealous (Mythic Misadventures #1)
  • Artemis the Brave (Goddess Girls, #4)
  • The Immortal Fire (Cronus Chronicles, #3)
  • Aphrodite's Blessings: Love Stories from the Greek Myths
  • A Dignity of Dragons
  • Quicksilver
  • Never Glue Your Friends to Chairs (Roscoe Riley Rules, #1)
  • Lost in the Labyrinth
  • Annie's Adventures (Sisters Eight, #1)
  • Poseidon: Earth Shaker (Olympians, #5)
  • The Fire of Ares (Spartan Warrior, #1)
  • Eve Hallows and the Book of Shadows (The Nightmare Series, #2)
  • Absolute Zero: Being the Second Part of the Bagthorpe Saga (The Bagthorpe Saga, #2)
  • Gods of Manhattan (Gods of Manhattan, #1)
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • Corydon and the Island of Monsters (Corydon, #1)

Myth-O-Mania (10 books)
  • Phone Home, Persephone! (Myth-O-Mania, #2)
  • Say Cheese, Medusa! (Myth-O-Mania, #3)
  • Nice Shot, Cupid! (Myth-O-Mania, #4)
  • Stop That Bull, Theseus! (Myth-O-Mania, #5)
  • Keep a Lid on It, Pandora! (Myth-O-Mania, #6)
  • Get to Work, Hercules! (Myth-O-Mania, #7)
  • Go for the Gold, Atalanta! (Myth-O-Mania, #8)
  • Hit the Road, Helen! (Myth-O-Mania, #9)
  • Get Lost, Odysseus! (Myth-O-Mania, #10)
I Stink! The New Kid at School (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #1) Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2) I'm Dirty! Class Trip to the Cave of Doom (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #3)

“mountain. “He’s toast!” said Zeus. “Typhon will never trouble us again!” But personally, I had my doubts. After what I’d just seen, I thought Typhon might find a way to escape. But to this day, he hasn’t. Nope, Typhon is still trapped under that mountain, raging and roaring. If you don’t believe me, go to Sicily yourself. Go to Mount Etna. You’ll see an enormous mountain belching smoke, fire, and molten lava. Who else could it be under there but Typhon?” 0 likes