Start by marking “Love Is a Special Way of Feeling” as Want to Read:
Love Is a Special Way of Feeling

Love Is a Special Way of Feeling

Available again to celebrate Joan Walsh Anglund's best loved books for children and adults.
Published October 4th 1999 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1382)

To ask other readers questions about Love Is a Special Way of Feeling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Is a Special Way of Feeling

Kaethe
Jul 09, 2014 Kaethe rated it it was amazing
Anglund is one of the sweetest, warmest people on the earth. I don't think love is a special way of feeling for her at all. I think it's her normal mode.
Gemma
Jul 23, 2014 Gemma rated it it was amazing
I really REALLY like the art in this book!
Christine
May 03, 2013 Christine rated it it was amazing
It is precious.
Courtney
Mar 25, 2015 Courtney rated it really liked it
I love reading this to my 3 year old! The pictures are so cute and it really is a sweet and simple way of talking about love!!!
Marilyn
Apr 19, 2011 Marilyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Beautiful, simple book. Love it!
Lucy (Talk Less, Smile More)
Jan 10, 2013 Lucy (Talk Less, Smile More) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, 2012, 5-stars
This is one of the sweetest books I have ever read. I received it a couple of years ago from my grandma, so this book really means a lot to me :)
Emily Ruth
Jan 31, 2013 Emily Ruth rated it it was amazing
A beautiful, simple book. Pretty much felt like the realistic antidote to any sort of negativity I can think of. Illustrations are fantastic also.
Tasia
It's a very nice book. Perfect for gift-giving to those who adore vintage treasures.
Karlee
Jul 03, 2011 Karlee rated it it was amazing
in our family and passed between my sister and myself forever...the best!!!
Amanda
Mar 09, 2017 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
A sweet, little reminder of how simple and everlasting love is- how abundant it is in small everyday occurrences.
Elissa Tetrault
Jan 18, 2017 Elissa Tetrault rated it really liked it
This short picture book gives the definition of love using several different examples. It is written for young students, and the examples given are easy for young minds to comprehend. It talks about how love is helping others, a safe feeling, a good feeling, and understanding how someone else feels. The book also addresses where love is found.

I absolutely loved this book! I loved how it gave examples of what love is in such simplistic ways that are so true. The illustrations were older looking,
Liz Todd
11/23/16 update: my daughter is still in love with this old book. We picked it up at a library sale a couple of years ago and it has not ever been absent for long.
Shelley
Apr 04, 2012 Shelley rated it liked it
This book talks bout what love is by describing actions that portray love. This would be a good book to use to teach caring and compassion.
Mary Narkiewicz
May 25, 2016 Mary Narkiewicz rated it it was amazing
Another charming book by Joan Walsh Anglund.
A little classic of harmony, love, peace and beauty.
Ellen Falls
Oct 30, 2012 Ellen Falls rated it it was amazing
Birthday gift from parents 1968
Shannon McGovern
Shannon McGovern rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2015
Mary Catherine
Mary Catherine rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2010
Marina Vorontsova
Marina Vorontsova rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2014
Ame
Ame rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2008
Bell
Bell rated it it was ok
Apr 09, 2014
Caedmon
Caedmon rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2014
Lily Lamotte
Lily Lamotte rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2014
Brenna Porter
The book that I read wasn't on Goodreads, but I read another book by Joan Walsh Anglund titled "Love is Baby." It was a very simple book with very cute pictures. I love how it explains the peace and love that a baby brings into a home in a very poetic way. Young children would really enjoy this book and would enjoy all of the paintings of babies.
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2012
Sally
Sally rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2008
Sima
Sima rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2014
♥ Susan
♥ Susan rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2011
Willa
Willa rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2008
Beatrice Otch
Beatrice Otch rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Four Seasons of Brambly Hedge
  • Maria & José
  • Keväällä isä sai siivet (Austraasia, #1)
  • Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs: 144 Circles, Hexagons, Triangles, Squares, and Other Unexpected Shapes
  • Pettersson kriegt Weihnachtsbesuch
  • Sing No Evil
  • Nemi - Vol. 1 (Nemi, #1)
  • Nan Goldin
  • Sanovat sitä rakkaudeksi
  • Mr. Bliss
  • Julie Andrews' Collection of Poems, Songs, and Lullabies
  • Moomins Cookbook: An Introduction to Finnish Cuisine
  • The What's Happening to My Body? Book for Boys: A Growing Up Guide for Parents and Sons
Joan Walsh Anglund is the author and illustrator of more than 120 books that have sold over 50 million copies around the world in 17 languages. For more than 50 years Joan has been writing and illustrating wonderful children's and inspirational books and has produced Dolls, Collector Plates Figurines, Clothing, Greeting cards, Tea Sets, Glassware and a host of other products to numerous to mention ...more
More about Joan Walsh Anglund...