Start by marking “Hedgie Loves to Read” as Want to Read:
Hedgie Loves to Read

Hedgie Loves to Read

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Hedgie wants to read a book, but can't decide on which one. While trying to decide, he does some chores around the house. Once he is done he settles upon a book and reads.
Published January 1st 2006 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Hedgie Loves to Read, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hedgie Loves to Read

Kylie Stone
Very compelling.
Nolan
So good! I relate to Hedgie on every level.
Nisah Haron
A simple book to encourage children to read, there's nothing preachy about it. The kids would say, "Even a hedgehog would love to read." Yes, Hedgie kept thinking about the books that he should read while washing his dishes, cleaning his room and finally, he chose the perfect book for him to read all day. Jan Brett has never disappoint me either with her artwork nor the heartwarming stories!
Ilsa Bonaparte
Apr 03, 2015 Ilsa Bonaparte rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Ruth Learn
At the end of second grade, my school gave a copy of this book to everyone in my class. It was undescribingly horrible and way beneath my reading level. It has since become a comparison in my household, i.e. 'That book was worse than Hedgie Loves to Read'. *Sadly*, I lost my copy some time ago, and can no longer read it and make fun of its itness.
Fibersian
This is an extremely short book - almost a pamphlet - to promote reading. Hedgie can't decide on a book. He does some chores and finally chooses a book.

The usual lovely Jan Brett art work. Very short and simple story so this is good for very young readers. Everything about this book promotes reading and makes the importance of reading accessible to the very young.
Meg McGregor
Who doesn't love Jon Brett's artistry and commitment to reading? I have read and enjoyed all her books!

This book relates how Hedgie spends a very pleasant winter day reading one of his favorite books.

It is one of my favorites. It sends its message in a very fun and entertaining way; not preachy in the least!

A great book to show even the youngest child that reading is one of the most fun activities as you meet new friends and have new adventures.

Read to your children at least 20 minutes a day an
Brian
Jun 25, 2014 Brian rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone under the age of ..um..really young!
I want credit for this! Hahahaha....It's like 6 pages long..read it at the big red bookshelf at a local bank while waiting for someone to do a transaction. It was good, and I liked it's message! Hahahahahahah
Kim Lusardo
This is a children's book, I know. But it's so cute and I have to read it every time I see it now.
Eric Summers
This book might be useful for a nighttime routine for VERY YOUNG children, but other than that, it has no purpose. It is too short to be challenging, it tells no real story, and the artwork is uninspired.

I think this book may have been part of a unit set or something, I can't imagine anyone paying money for a 6 page book that doesn't tell a story.
Heather
Hedgie is cute and all, but he's not our favorite Jan Brett book. My boys did run out after reading this and pick up huge stacks of books and read for a few hours.

Worth reading at least once and then decide is you're a Hedgie family or not.

Hmmm....maybe we should read this again!
Gretchen
Very short, even by early reader standards. Not much in the way of plot, but centers on a hedgehog's love of reading. My son seemed to enjoy the illustrations.
Christie Rice
This is a fun short book that would be a great tool as a prompt for a writing activity. The prompt could be: What do you love to do?
Cara Farmer
I liked the simplicity of this story. I plan on using it for tutoring. I loved the pictures as well.
Shawna Vanhoorik
Very short book. The illustrations are wonderful and it is a good book for ages 6 and up.
LeeAnn G
Great Book to read to a perfect little God-Daughter on a cold, sunny day.
Nichole
The kids like this book but its not one of the most loved on the shelf.
Dara
my teacher gave me this book. Hedge cleaned and then read a book
MissyDevoursDelishReads
So cute. Our 6 yr old daughter is a big Jan Brett fan.
Suzi Sherman
Suzi Sherman marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Renae Hukill
Renae Hukill marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
With over thirty three million books in print, Jan Brett is one of the nation's foremost author illustrators of children's books. Jan lives in a seacoast town in Massachusetts, close to where she grew up. During the summer her family moves to a home in the Berkshire Hills of Massachusetts.
As a child, Jan Brett decided to be an illustrator and spent many hours reading and drawing. She says, "I reme
More about Jan Brett...
The Mitten The Hat Gingerbread Baby The Wild Christmas Reindeer Town Mouse, Country Mouse