Start by marking “The Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer: Latter-Day News, Advice, and Opinion” as Want to Read:
The Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer: Latter-Day News, Advice, and Opinion

The Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer: Latter-Day News, Advice, and Opinion

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Mormons, lapsed Mormons, in-laws of Mormons and neighbors of Mormons will enjoy these cutting-edge news reports, opinion pieces, and advice columns about this all-encompassing religion with its odd beverage rules and worldwide sales force. Appropriate for everyone from non-Mormons to jack-Mormons to Apostles with a sense of humor.
Published November 1st 2006 by Pince-Nez Press

To ask other readers questions about The Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mormon Tabernacle Enquirer

This was pretty funny to me. Sarcasm in the same vein as SeriouslySoBlessed. I guess I am in the mood to not be taking myself so, well, serious and this hit the spot. Okay, it hit a bunch of spots. In the "View From the Valley" column, Rulon S. Wesson advises;

"...Make sure you're always getting the right feed. Stick to reading the scriptures and churchy books. If you need news, read the Church News or at least the Deseret News and leave it at that. If you get a hankerin' for a movie, there's lot
So, I'm very conflicted. It made me laugh out loud almost constantly but it crossed a line every once in awhile. Most of it is so very true but that doesn't mean it needed to be said. Read at your own risk, however, there are some parts that I am sending out to friends because it's almost the most hilarious thing I have ever read.
Aug 12, 2008 Lori rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: mainstream LDS who can laugh at themselves and Mormon culture
This book was laugh out loud hilarious. It's the Mormon version of "The Onion" and authored by the same people from "The Sugar Beet." The satire was brilliant!

Here are some of the news article topics:

*"BYU offers scrapbooking degree
*church warns against Cola flavored Sprite
*Deseret Books bans "Old Testament" for incest, adultery, excessive violence....
*Scripture quality edition of "The Work and the Glory" to be released
*Numbering system created for Sunday School answers
*Martha Stewart's pending
Some of the stories in here are laugh out loud funny. Warning: You must understand and understand satire to not be offended by this book. The writers for this book are genius in being able to laugh at the LDS culture. I haven't read every except, so haven't run into anything I would classify as crossing a line. Would definately recommend to those who like to laugh at the weird culture that is LDS.
Jonathan Plowman
An occasionally laugh-out-loud funny collection of stories from The Sugar Beet, the LDS response to The Onion. The "Ask a Beehive" segments are my favorite.
Peter Wolfley
It was really funny and the cultural criticism and satire were sharp, but there were some lines crossed. My favorite articles were the ones about the Three Nephites being the Bee Gees and the Branbury apartment complex being possessed by Satan.

The Bee Gees revealed their true identity because they were tired of saving so many Boy Scout troops from certain death and secretly helping people with their genealogy.
Aug 03, 2008 Alan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mormons with a sense of humor
I love this book! I have been reading it the past few days (not quite finished yet), but I have never laughed so hard in my life!

This is a collection of Mormon themed satirical news stories (similar to The Spoof, a site that I write for).

I wish that these people still had their weekly publication going, but they shut down and compiled a bunch of their best stuff into this book.
Wonderfully hilarious! If you are a member of the LDS church you will get a kick out of it. My favorite...the CTR caffeine patch. If you are not a member of the LDS church, then you will probably think "...what the heck?"

A MUST READ from the folks at The Sugarbeat (whatever happened to those guys/girls?)
Aug 06, 2011 Clarice marked it as to-read
I got to hear the women who wrote the articles, "Ask a Beehive" at a conference this week. LOVED the humor and satire. You have to laugh at yourself every once in awhile. Can't wait to read this.
The whole team that wrote this book is truly gifted, but whoever designed the cover is godlike in design ability.
We use this for "bathroom" reading material. Great short stories that are pretty funny!
there are many funny pieces in this book--but some of the funniest are by me.
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Lee added it
Aug 26, 2012
Kathy Clune
Kathy Clune marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2011
CarlyQ marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2010
Eric marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2010
Artist Management for the Music Business Idea Man: A Memoir by the Co-founder of Microsoft Cold Night Warm Belly: 35 Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes For The Veggie Lover (Cold Night Warm Belly Slow Cooker Recipes) Sun Certified Enterprise Architects for J2EE: Exam 310-051 [With CDROM] Ocm Java Ee 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide (Exams 1z0-807, 1z0-865 & 1z0-866)