Start by marking “Mission of Honor (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #9)” as Want to Read:
Mission of Honor (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #9)

Mission of Honor (Tom Clancy's Op-Center #9)

3.86  ·  Rating Details ·  1,233 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews

On the surface it seems a simple case: a group of African militiamen have kidnapped a priest and ordered all Catholic missionaries to leave the nation of Botswana. But the Vatican thinks otherwise. At its urging, Op-Center investigates -- and finds that the real purpose of the crime is a plan by outside forces to destabilize the government and seize the nation's diamond m

Published June 27th 2002 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Mission of Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mission of Honor

Jonah
Jan 05, 2016 Jonah rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic book with lots of twists and turns that you would never see coming. I, like a lot of people, tried to solve the plot before all of the information was given and it completely blew my mind. I would recommend this book and the entire series to anyone who is looking to be surprised around every corner. It does start a little slow for my taste however, which is why I gave it 4 stars. But again, a fantastic book and an amazing series.
Gabriel Garcia
May 31, 2012 Gabriel Garcia rated it really liked it
When the African Militia kidnaps a Catholic they demand the all Catholic missionaries to leave Botswana. In response the Religious headquarters (the Vatican) request a task force known as Op-Center to handle business and diffuse the situation. In the past Striker's excellent work has led to successful missions however now decommissioned Op-Center is forced to reconstruct itself into a dynamic force as it once was. In the mist of all this they must also deal with a conspiracy that is later proven ...more
Paul
Feb 01, 2016 Paul rated it it was ok
An okay read. Just a book about a mission. I think it feels more like an account of a mission rather than any actual story. Other than that I felt there were a lot of loose ends that weren't address (i.e. the role of the Japanese and what happens to the bad guys). Don't know if I want to pick up another one in this series.
David Donaghe
Jun 21, 2011 David Donaghe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A group of African miltiamen kidnap a Catholic priest and order all Catolic missionaries to leave Boswana. A voodoo priest desires to return the country to its native religion.

This is a typical Tom Clancy type thriller. It's worth the read.

David Donaghe
Author of Monroe's Paranormal Investigations
and Tale Spinner
Larry
Dec 26, 2013 Larry rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This is interesting to see how government security works. It is a bit unrealistic, having these rebels trust an unknown woman. We learn about other religions -- Catholics, Voodoo.

I didn't like the book leaving me hanging at the end, with no closure on killing of the replacement for the Priest.
Jim
Jul 09, 2010 Jim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 of 5 stars for Tom Clancy's Op-Center: Mission of Honor; the next installment of the Op-Center series. Perhaps not the strongest story of the series and the abridgement chopped it up pretty badly. Still a good book and I do recommend it.
Phillip
Mar 16, 2012 Phillip rated it liked it
This installment was the second book not written by Clancy. it was written by Jeff Rovin. He captured the main ideas of op-center, but left me wanting something more. This is a series that should have been finished by the author that started writing it.
Stephen F Smith
Doesn't come up to same standard

I think some of the earlier books in the series were more engaging. To it's credit, however, it does continue the tradition of exploring the human frailties of it's characters.
Peter Charleston
May 24, 2016 Peter Charleston rated it liked it
Centered around the commands office workings and less on a mission. Seemed like a filler leading into the next book.
Ayelet
Jan 20, 2016 Ayelet rated it liked it
Despite the action, this one focused more on the personalities and reactions of the people working at Op-Center.
Edwin Kort
Jun 28, 2016 Edwin Kort rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, 2016
Niet wat ik gewend ben van een Clancy. Heb veel lovende recensies gelezen, maar kan me daar helemaal niet in vinden. Er zat weinig tot geen tempo in en met veel open einden in het verhaal.

Certo
Nov 15, 2015 Certo rated it really liked it
Shelves: war
An amazing story that shows the people of Southern Africa. The religious aspect of the story also lends an amazing comparison of Vodunism Religion and Catholic Religion.
Tony Smith
Tony Smith rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2015
Colin
Colin rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2012
Gabor Tarnyik
Gabor Tarnyik rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Berk Rourke
Berk Rourke rated it it was ok
Aug 11, 2014
Tsh
Tsh rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2014
George
George rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2012
Victor Stanescu
Victor Stanescu rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Steven Barnas
Steven Barnas rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Jc Av
Jc Av rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2012
Gail
Gail rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2007
R. Vincent Babilonia
R. Vincent Babilonia rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2012
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Cilya
Cilya rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2012
Bryan Cook
Bryan Cook rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Victoria
Victoria rated it liked it
May 11, 2016
Al
Al rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2015
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
dutch description and ISBN13 1 1 May 25, 2014 08:15AM
  • Cold War (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #5)
  • Changing of the Guard (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #8)
  • The Hunted (Tom Clancy's EndWar, #2)
  • One is the Loneliest Number (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #3)
  • Duel Identity (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #12)

Tom Clancy's Op-Center (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Op-Center (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #1)
  • Mirror Image (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #2)
  • Games of State (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #3)
  • Acts of War (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #4)
  • Balance of Power (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #5)
  • State of Siege (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #6)
  • Divide and Conquer (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #7)
  • Line of Control (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #8)
  • Sea of Fire (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #10)
  • Call to Treason (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #11)

“a man’s value was not in his mode of mobility but what was inside.” 0 likes