Start by marking “Christmas with Grandma Elsie (The Original Elsie Dinsmore Classics #14)” as Want to Read:
Christmas with Grandma Elsie (The Original Elsie Dinsmore Classics #14)

Christmas with Grandma Elsie (The Elsie Dinsmore Series #14)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The young folks enjoy parties hosted at various homes during the holiday season, and even Grandma Elsie and the other adults join in the fun.
Published December 1st 1997 by Sovereign Grace Publishers (first published 1876)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas with Grandma Elsie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas with Grandma Elsie

Tarissa
This was a wonderful Elsie book with many thrills in it.
Again, like the last few books, the story centers on Lulu Raymond---Elsie's granddaughter.

The holidays have arrived and all of the family has grouped together at Grandma Elsie's house for the fun. There's snowball fights, sleigh rides, charades, stories, and other amusement provided by ventriloquist, Cousin Ronald. There's even quite a bit of suspense!

The book closes after some of the most dramatic events draw to an end. But I'm left longin
Olivia
An enjoyable read. I've always enjoyed the Elsie Dinsmore series (the originals are far better than the modern versions), so I also enjoyed this one. Halfway through the series now!
Sheila
A very nice Christmas story. This audiobook version is played many times every December holiday season at our house.
Hannah
I think it is sweet and nice!!
Holly
CHRISTMAS WITH GRANDMA ELSIE is #14 in the series and the last, great Elsie book. It deals with a Christmas party that Elsie holds for her large extended family, where the children play charades and enjoy a magic lantern show. A fascinating glimpse into late nineteenth-century life. And later, Lulu emerges as a true heroine who rescues her family from burglars! This book has a "modern" feel, very different from earlier Elsie titles, and is exciting and fast-paced throughout. Highly recommended. ...more
Lynn
This story is not badly written but a true period piece which I was willing to let go in places when it spoke about Christmas and family but it is very disturbing in others. Elsie is a high born girl whose father is a former captain in the military. They have land and the family behaves very well to each other. The black servants know their place and the Bible guides the treatment of them. They children are expected to treat animals very well. The ending is an enigma to me. Elsie on Christmas ev ...more
Meadow
I do love how they incorporate the distant family and watch as it continutes to grow.

But I'm stopping this series...becuase the family is just to perfect.
They can't say hello without thirty sentences about how they want to be good and can be good with His help and how much they love each other............AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH.
Kim Justice
Jul 30, 2013 Kim Justice rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
A Classic. And one that reminded me of our Christmas' when I was growing up. One of my grandma's

To read more:
Breath of Life
Rachel
I really like this series although it's a bit Calvinistic in its theology, and it's a bit uber-Christian; i.e., the Christians are really, really good and the non-Christians are really, really bad.
Cecil James
If you want a sermon, read this book. If you want to be entertained, skip it. What a bunch of dribble.
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
EllieAyesse
EllieAyesse marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Pamela Rossi
Pamela Rossi marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Mackenzie
Mackenzie marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Barbi Mateer
Barbi Mateer marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Michele Myer
Michele Myer marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Lenetta
Lenetta marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Robyn Butler
Robyn Butler marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Ruth Anderson
Ruth Anderson marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Carol A.
Carol A. marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Old Christmas: From the Sketch Book
  • 25 Days, 26 Ways to Make This Your Best Christmas Ever
  • The Santa Shop
  • Prairie River: A Journey of Faith (Prairie River, #1)
  • Mandie and Her Missing Kin (Mandie Books, 25)
  • Unwrapping Christmas
  • A Peep Behind the Scenes (Rare Collector's Series)
  • Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1)
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • Blame It On The Mistletoe (Bright's Pond #4)
  • The Hidden Jewel: Amy Carmichael (Trailblazer Books #4)
  • God Drives A Tow Truck
  • The 1-2-3 Money Plan: The Three Most Important Steps to Saving and Spending Smart
  • A Christmas Jar for Santa - A Christmas Jars Story
  • The Basket of Flowers: A Tale for the Young
  • Merry Christmas Coloring Cutouts
  • The Prodigal's Christmas Reunion (Rocky Mountain Heirs #6)
Martha Finley was a teacher and author of numerous works, the most well known being the 28 volume Elsie Dinsmore series which was published over a span of 38 years. Finley wrote many of her books under the pseudonym Martha Farquharson.

For more information, please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_F... or, http://marthafinley.wordpress.com/
More about Martha Finley...
Elsie Dinsmore (The Original Elsie Classics #1) Elsie's Endless Wait (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #1) Elsie's Impossible Choice (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #2) Elsie's New Life (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #3) Elsie's Stolen Heart (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #4)