The Value of Saving: The Story of Benjamin Franklin

The Value of Saving: The Story of Benjamin Franklin (ValueTales Series)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A brief biography of the outstanding 18th-century printer, inventor, and statesman, emphasizing the value of saving in his life.
Hardcover
Published July 1st 1985 by Value Communications (first published August 1st 1978)

Henry Grant
Awesome. After reading this I started to save my money. I totally think it is must read.
May
Jun 13, 2011 May added it
Shelves: childrens
The Value of Saving series is one that I absolutely loved and remember as a child. I highly recommend them for any parent who wants to give their kids a little something more to chew on. I remember this one like it was yesterday, with all the illustrations, etc.
Missy
Jul 07, 2011 Missy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Missy by: Mary Ann
Shelves: little-guy-books
My six-year-old is devouring this series, and I too am loving it! Each book highlights a value personified by a notable person in history like Harriet Tubman, Jackie Robinson, John Chapman (Johnny Appleseed), etc.

My husband remembers reading them as a kid too.
Jordan
I read this all by myself, even though I am 5. I learned that saving is very good for the earth and people. Ben invented things with his best friend, Benny the Penny.
Jillian
What an awesome man! I loved reading this to my kids, they learned so much.
Teresa
So cute! I recommend getting this series for your kids.
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jun 14, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Nourhan
Nourhan marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Burt
Burt marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Pedro Dyck
Pedro Dyck marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
May 01, 2014
Brent Moen
Brent Moen marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Kim R
Kim R added it
Mar 13, 2014
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Abdullah
Abdullah marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Spencer Johnson, M.D., is the author of several New York Times bestsellers, including The One Minute Manager, all in the entertaining style of a parable that contains useful information readers can use in their own lives. There are more than thirteen million copies of his books in print in over twenty-five languages.

Dr. Johnson's education includes a psychology degree from the University of Southe...more
More about Spencer Johnson...
Who Moved My Cheese? The Present : The Secret to Enjoying Your Work And Life, Now! Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life Who Moved My Cheese For Teens One Minute Sales Person, The: The Quickest Way to Sell People on Yourself, Your Services, Products, or Ideas--at Work and in Life