Start by marking “State of War (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #7)” as Want to Read:
State of War (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #7)

State of War (Tom Clancy's Net Force #7)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  890 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Minor viruses are eating away at the Net Force computers. The e-mail shut-downs and flickering monitors are hardly emergencies—but they’ve been keeping the tech department hopping. Same with the sudden rash of time-consuming lawsuits. No one in Net Force has a moment to spare, which is exactly the way Mitchell Townsend Ames wants it. Because when the shadowy mastermind lau ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published March 4th 2003 by Berkley (first published February 27th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about State of War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about State of War

Rachel
Jan 01, 2008 Rachel rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tom Clancy fans, Steve Perry fans, men's adventure
Shelves: fiction, military
Whoa, was I complaining that they were too predictable? This one sticks to the formula, but only loosely -- there's a new co-author Larry Segriff with a more military POV, and everyone spends the book deciding to retire! The threat of the book is a wealthy lawyer who would probably be an admirable foe other than the fact that he's trying to take over the world and failing. He's busy suing Net Force for their military assault on CyberNation in the previous book, and probably would have won the c ...more
Elyse
Good read, especially following after Net Force Explorer #11 (which I thought was this set of characters).

Fair amount of time invested in character development, especially for John Howard and Alex Michaels. The reason becomes obvious as the plot unfolds.

A little disjointed, especially because told from the perspective of so many different characters. Not my favorite in the series, but still a fun ride.
AndrewP
Jan 29, 2011 AndrewP rated it it was ok
Shelves: action-adventure
This is the last of the Net Force books that features the main characters that have been there from the beginning. In the end Alex, Toni and Gen. Howard all call it a day and leave the government behind. From the reviews I have read, the characters that take their place in the following books are not as interesting so this is probably the last I will read.
A bit of a disjointed story. There are a few loose ends and threads that seem to have been forgotten, or go nowhere and the overall ending of
Sylvia
Jan 16, 2008 Sylvia rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who like to read on tech and weapons...
Shelves: july2007-now
i thought that this book was interesting... i hardly read science fiction but i really enjoyed it. it was in the year 2012 which is not that long from now. i was amazed at how advanded the tenhology that was described. i can barely use my computer and i strongly doubt that i would be to use the technolgy decribed in the book. i thought that the weapons that they used were at times good but also at times bad. in the story, a 15 year old gets acess to a gun and uses it but he use it in self defens ...more
Krissie
Jul 06, 2014 Krissie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Jim
Jun 29, 2009 Jim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jim by: JimG944@yahoo.com
As you probably guessed, I really like Tom Clancy and specially enjoy the Netforce series (yep, I have already done 1-6 and now 7). I enjoy the on-going characters in the series and how each book adds to their story.

This installment is about a key member of the evil Cybernation group who hires a hacker to release a series of viruses upon the net. Netforce (cops for the net; kinda FBI-like) use "VR" (Virtual Reality) to track down their subject and they use VR to do various analysis and data min
Jane J. Janas, Ph.D.
Jan 16, 2016 Jane J. Janas, Ph.D. rated it really liked it
Tom Clancy 19s Net Force State Of War 1D Steve Perry and Larry Segriff
Chris Wiley
May 24, 2014 Chris Wiley rated it it was amazing
Really love books about the net. This one is no exception.
Shane
Jul 02, 2013 Shane rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No one
Disappointing. Killing the goose that lays the golden eggs!

Having read the Net Force books from the very start, they are now loosing their way.

ITS NOT written by Tom Clancy but by Steve Perry & Larry Segriff.

This is just not of the same quality as the first few books in the series.

I give this one a thumbs down!
Greg (prince) Bandy
May 15, 2008 Greg (prince) Bandy rated it really liked it
i thought it was really cool i like the whole idea of tom clancy's books. this one in particular because it was set up like movie there was a lot of dialougue to keep the reader interested to see what would happen next. i would give this book who is into combat and who likes tom clancy's style of writing.
David
Nov 06, 2008 David rated it liked it
Shelves: advisory-08-09
i did like this book because it was like talking about guns at some point and saying this is natural and i'm not too sure because it's confusing while it keeps on switching back on some things. But this is my first Steve perry book i read from him and i'm hoping to read more by him.
Kevin Kosar
Apr 18, 2012 Kevin Kosar rated it did not like it
Wow, talk about slapdish. A real disappointment, especially as I have enjoyed some other Clancy novels. My review of this book is at http://kevinrkosar.com/wordpress/?p=378.
Mustafa Said
Nov 23, 2013 Mustafa Said rated it really liked it
A very good book, fun to read, and although it's the first book i read from the whole series i didn't feel left out of the loop, very realistic and believable events made me really not believe it was written in 2003.
Josh
May 30, 2007 Josh rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I only vaguely even remember the story. I do remember it being a letdown for Clancy standards. It wasn't bad though. Worth the time spent listening (& driving).
Trilok Reddy
Apr 06, 2009 Trilok Reddy rated it did not like it
this book is getting on to my nerves... have no regrets in saying i am quitting reading this book.... haaaaaaaa feel so delighted after saying that....
Andrew
Feb 14, 2013 Andrew rated it really liked it
I liked this Net Force book, but I am cautious to see how the series continues with the majority of the main characters leaving the story.
Jackie Cheung
This book was very intriguing to me because a lot of events happen throughout the book. But the book seemed very confusing though.
Martin
Mar 21, 2013 Martin rated it liked it
A další hacker na holení ;-)
Standardní kvalita, mírně nestandardní zápletka (hurá!), oddychové, předvídatelné, relax.
Jonathan Knopf
Oct 17, 2008 Jonathan Knopf rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
I hate hate hate hate hate Tom Clancy.

This crap is driveling, sensationalist, uninteresting, and uninspired. Boo.
Jaide
Oct 30, 2009 Jaide rated it did not like it
Shelves: partially-read
a little confusing right now, hopefully it'll get better, if it doesn't i'm gonna stop reading it.
Xander
Apr 10, 2010 Xander rated it it was ok
Meh.
Diane Willardson
Diane Willardson marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Holly
Holly added it
Jun 24, 2016
Judith Razee
Judith Razee is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2016
Don
Don rated it did not like it
Jun 20, 2016
Gabor Tarnyik
Gabor Tarnyik rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Charles Yost
Charles Yost rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2016
  • Zero Hour (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #7)
  • War of Eagles (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #12)
  • Safe House (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers #10)
  • Cold Case (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #15)
  • High Wire (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #14)
  • Endgame (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, #6)
Perry has written over fifty novels and numerous short stories, which have appeared in various magazines and anthologies. Perry is perhaps best known for the Matador series. He has written books in the Star Wars, Alien and Conan universes. He was a collaborator on all of the Tom Clancy's Net Force series, seven of which have appeared on the New York Times Bestseller list. Two of his novelizations, ...more
More about Steve Perry...

Tom Clancy's Net Force (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Net Force (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #1)
  • Hidden Agendas (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #2)
  • Night Moves (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #3)
  • Breaking Point (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #4)
  • Point of Impact (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #5)
  • Cybernation (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #6)
  • Changing of the Guard (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #8)
  • Springboard (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #9)
  • The Archimedes Effect (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #10)
  • Code War (Net Force 2018, #1)